Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Politics - new parties  (Read 1241 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Politics - new parties
« on: 23 April 2019, 23:39:34 »

Been nice having a break from it over Easter.

Spain only allows two weeks of campaigning. Our GE election is on the 28th. I feel in no mans land as we have been dropped from the electoral roll. So can’t vote in national election and never could cant vote in local election but used to be able to. My name is on the EU MEP voting list and always was and will be even with a Brexit. Can vote in a second referendum should there be one, cannot vote in a UK GE. The latter sort of seems fair but expats aren't well represented.

Back to the plot. Does anyone officially monitor the airtime given to Brexit party, Change UK for example? Just watched Change UK launch. Got a lot of airtime.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Politics - new parties
« Reply #1 on: 24 April 2019, 00:11:03 »

Imo the Brexit party will wipe the floor with Labour / Tories in the Euro elections. A general election will be a different thing though.
People tend to revert to their tribe to make sure the other tribe doesn't win.
This may well slowly change, but I doubt it will happen overnight.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 April 2019, 10:49:40 »

Thread on politics,, admin please lock :D
Hoof'land storeman.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 April 2019, 16:04:31 »

Thread on politics,, admin please lock :D

I agree biggriffin!! :y :y

These threads always end in tears after everyone has repeated everything said over many previous threads, with nothing concrete being gained, like in Parliament!! ::) ::) ::) :D ;)

A political commentator made a wonderful analogy last night ;  "Dogs can chase their tails, round and round, getting more frenzied, and getting nowhere. It is a bit like that with the MP's in Parliament at the moment!" 8) 8) :D :D :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 April 2019, 16:23:12 »

Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 April 2019, 18:46:26 »

A report in the Grauniad that couple of CUK candidates have had to stand down after 'inappropriate' tweets were dug up by journalists, made me smile today!  :)

Apparently one chap who was due to stand in Scotland tweeted back in 2012 "Black women scare me" and went on to say "I put this down to being chased through Amsterdam by a crazy black whore."  How terrible!  ::)

Another chap said that he initially supported Brexit because "70% of the pickpockets caught on the [London Underground] are Romanian." This is clearly the wrong thing to say.... even if it might be true.  :-X

Where do they find these people?   ???  ::)  ;D

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/24/change-uk-european-election-candidate-joseph-russo-steps-down-offensive-tweets
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 April 2019, 21:25:00 »

All who deserted their own party that they were elected with, should be made to hold local election to see if the electorate still want them!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 April 2019, 23:32:35 »

Facebook have taken down 3 far right networks ahead of Sundays elections. They had 1.5 million followers and over 7 million interactions since the beginning of the year. Who moderates the moderators.? In my original post I asked if air time for new or indeed xisting parties is monitored. It would be very easy for the media to promote their baby.........

I said when Trump got in that social media would lay an ever increasing and maybe not a good role in politics. A very very powerful tool unseen.

Methinks we are heading for a right wing coalition in Spain.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 April 2019, 00:36:10 »

Over on Devon for Europe, it seems that many of the members have been getting adverts on their facebook feeds for.................. The Brexit Party!   :D. And they're getting a bit vexed about it!  ;D

So someone somewhere is clearly targeting Remainers on facebook with the Brexit Party ads.   ;D

I expect after the Euro elections, someone like Carol Codswallop will write an article in the Grauniad claiming it was cheating to target remainers with leave marketing, and that it was all funded by Kim Jong Un!  ::)

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.