Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Are Tesco's taking advantage?  (Read 3025 times)

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
Are Tesco's taking advantage?
« on: 26 April 2008, 19:50:59 »

Just been to my local Tesco to see if the mayhem caused by numptys panicking over fuel shortages had died down. >:( It had so got some petrol and went to pay. I noticed that it had gone up 3p per ltr and asked the cashier when did the price increase. She replied we got a call at 2pm telling us to put the price up however they have not had a delivery today so the increase is on old stock. Are Tesco cashing in on the Grangemouth situation or am I missing something. :-/
N.b word your answers carefully
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

master-sambo

• Near Brands Hatch
    • View Profile
Re:  Are Tesco's taking advantage?
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2008, 19:54:08 »

Yes they are.  The garages around by me have all done the same thing, so I don't think it is limited to Tesco.
« Last Edit: 26 April 2008, 19:54:52 by master-sambo »

albitz

« Reply #2 on: 26 April 2008, 19:55:17 »

doesnt sound like tesco,s ;D i went to my 2 local garages today and was amazed to find one had ran out of fuel and the other one had a very long queue,theres nowt as daft as folk. ::)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 April 2008, 19:56:45 »

I think they are profiteering as well.

Question is, once the dust settles and itsd all resolved and the country reverts to running on cars on fumes, will they reduce prices again to entice folks to again top up their tanks when they can?

Didn't think so either.....  >:(
« Last Edit: 26 April 2008, 19:57:12 by hotel21 »

FRE07962128

« Reply #4 on: 26 April 2008, 20:01:26 »

Just been to my local Tesco to see if the mayhem caused by numptys panicking over fuel shortages had died down. >:( It had so got some petrol and went to pay. I noticed that it had gone up 3p per ltr and asked the cashier when did the price increase. She replied we got a call at 2pm telling us to put the price up however they have not had a delivery today so the increase is on old stock. Are Tesco cashing in on the Grangemouth situation or am I missing something. :-/
N.b word your answers carefully

It is a case in our 'Free Market' economy that prices will find the right level to match supply and demand :'(!   Demand is high and supply is threatened....in retailing that means your prices can be raised!   :'(  It is as simple as that, and the people who are panicking are doing us no favours whatsoever!

All petrol retailers, not just Tesco, will therefore be charging what they believe  their stock is worth in relation to other dealers.   But, let us not forget who is making the most out of these prices...the Government led by Gordon Brown! >:( >:( >:(

Lizzie Zoom (40 years in retailing)

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #5 on: 26 April 2008, 20:16:52 »

.....  >:(

Similar subject there was an independant through your way that put the price up to 149p a litre earlier this week....Fife way i think ?

Now thats profiteering,,
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

albitz

« Reply #6 on: 26 April 2008, 20:20:41 »

taking the p155,more like.its beyond supply and demand they have the motorist by the shorties and they know it. >:(......when was the last time we had a price war between the oil companies,the word cartel springs to mind
« Last Edit: 26 April 2008, 20:22:17 by albitz »

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 April 2008, 20:21:04 »

.....  >:(

Similar subject there was an independant through your way that put the price up to 149p a litre earlier this week....Fife way i think ?

Now thats profiteering,,

Yup, Rix garage down on the prom at kirkcaldy....

Blamed 'computer error' that once a reporter from the Daily Ranger stuck their neb in, instantly dropped by 20 PPL or more....

prestigesec

• Wirral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 April 2008, 21:05:04 »

Just been to my local foreign garage to get some snacks and the petrol was 108.9 but diesel was 122.9  :-? :-? Tell me again what costs more to make???????????????????????????????????????????????

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 April 2008, 21:41:53 »

Just been to my local foreign garage to get some snacks and the petrol was 108.9 but diesel was 122.9  :-? :-? Tell me again what costs more to make???????????????????????????????????????????????

Diesel costs more to make than petrol.

Petrol is cheaper these days, it used to be the way that diesel was cheaper, but now diesel is more expensive.

They have had to make diesel cleaner, less smokey, to do so they have added loads of stuff to make it cleaner.

At the end of the day, fair play to them, there is higher demand than usual in a product, so they put the price up.

Its the same with anything else!
« Last Edit: 26 April 2008, 21:43:02 by tunnie »

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 April 2008, 21:49:00 »

But remember the good old days when diesel was LOADS cheaper than petrol and diesel cars were few and far between....

Manufacturers produced diesel cars to utilise this wonderfull 'much cheapness'....

Then successive Governments introduced increasing tax levies on diesel fuel until the grossly extortionate price differentials we see today...

Cost of production of either fuel type is basically the same - it all comes from the same root stock in the first place....

cack.....   >:(

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #11 on: 26 April 2008, 21:49:32 »

Most garages my way are charging 108/109ppl for unleaded, 115/116ppl for diesel....

Tho i did go thro a village today that the garage was charging 125ppl for diesel  :o........didnt see the petrol price.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #12 on: 26 April 2008, 21:52:19 »

But remember the good old days when diesel was LOADS cheaper than petrol and diesel cars were few and far between....

Manufacturers produced diesel cars to utilise this wonderfull 'much cheapness'....

Then successive Governments introduced increasing tax levies on diesel fuel until the grossly extortionate price differentials we see today...

Cost of production of either fuel type is basically the same - it all comes from the same root stock in the first place....

Agree with yer there Broocie........why am i paying 54ppl for lpg when years ago the refineries used to burn it off to get rid of it  >:(

prestigesec

• Wirral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 April 2008, 21:55:22 »

Agree with yer there Broocie........why am i paying 54ppl for lpg when years ago the refineries used to burn it off to get rid of it  >:(

OOOOh low blow kick us all while where down with empty wallets.  ;)

Debs.

« Reply #14 on: 26 April 2008, 21:56:35 »

Happy days! ;).......except for those awful blokes down`the pub. whom would regale you with apocryphal stories of their diesel car`s 'incredible' mpg!  :(
Now it seems they`ve all switched to LPG  ;D
[size=8]Runs to collect coat[/size]
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.