Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visual Snow  (Read 1198 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Visual Snow
« on: 31 January 2019, 18:45:59 »

I have had this for about 4 months now since my last round of uveitis. It is like having the white noise from a TV with no signal superimposed on to your eyesight and varies from day to day on how bad it is. On bad days like yesterday it makes reading noticeably more difficult and on days like today it is there but not so noticable. It is classed as a rare condition, so does anybody else on here suffer from it?

It is linked to tinnitus which I suffer from and also migraines where I do occasionally get zigzag visual migraines.

https://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/diseases/12062/visual-snow-syndrome

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_snow
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
Re: Visual Snow
« Reply #1 on: 31 January 2019, 18:58:00 »

Maybe it's just snowing? ::)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 January 2019, 19:09:59 »

Maybe it's just snowing? ::)

But not for the last 4 months unless I've missed something. ;)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 February 2019, 12:44:24 »

Have you considered it might be MS (multiple sclerosis) Mr Rods2  :-\
I hope not ,but sounds like similar vision snow that Mrs Builder had (MS)
I say had,it can come and go .

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 February 2019, 16:01:48 »

I have the Zigzag migraine and been told it is known as an optical migraine by an optician
I have some other problems with my right eye and have had to have a MRI done
Got to go back for further tests as the MRI has found something else the radiographer is not happy with
Don't get the white noise like you though Rods

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 February 2019, 17:54:28 »

My dad got progressive MS at 50 and went downhill quite rapidly with it, so he was in a wheel chair at 60 where his legs had stopped working. When he died at 71 (from a heart attack) it had spread to his arms & eyes. Although MS isn't hereditary, if a member of your family has suffered from it, it does make you more genetically susceptible to it.

Where I partially sighted as a result of my severe adverse reaction to a flu vaccination and the damage it has done to the optic nerve right eye. It is possible that this can be caused by MS so I have had two MRI scans on my head and doctors have given me, thankfully, the all clear for MS. :y :y :y

MS is one of a range of immune system responses that attack your own body. Type 2 diabetes is another immune response that I do suffer from and likewise my wife suffers from ulcerative colitis which is again caused by your immune system. They have recently found that MS develops as a result of getting two specific viruses and a very promising line of research is in the future is stopping us getting one of the viruses with a vaccination. :y :y :y

Patrick Cox is a US investor, analyst and writer who specializes in biotechnology & anti-aging treatments. A comment of his is that in 20 years time, current medicine will look like the stone age. Where more & more countries have a non-replacement birthrate below 2.1 children per couple. Working, living and most importantly of all, staying healthy for most of our lives is going to be an increasingly important technology development area.

Yes, Zigzag lines in an eye are quite a common opt migraine, which I occasionally suffer from.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.