Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fed up no RIAT this year  (Read 2863 times)

Martin_1962

Fed up no RIAT this year
« on: 15 July 2006, 19:45:30 »

Been too busy and haven't won any thickets this year - I am buying one for next year as they are flying a Vulcan

Taxi_Driver

Re: Fed up no RIAT this year
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2006, 19:51:57 »

Not to worry m8....i only live about 20 mins down the road......and im not going....well not at £35 a ticket....im going to Highworth tomorrow, to see my folks....thats about 4 miles from Fairford as the crow flies.....Highworth is on a hill and in one place has a good view point.....im taking my 10x zoom digital camera to see if i can get any decent pics.

A relative of mine does the air traffic control for the show....and i still i carnt get any free tickets!  :(

Martin_1962

« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2006, 19:55:05 »

SOme V22 pics would be nice - there were rumours of a Buccaneer.

I am thinking of next year having a meet there

Martin_1962

« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2006, 19:57:58 »

I know that area qute well - the first time I went to Fairford was about 24 years ago to watch a friends band play there.

I used to leave near Gloucester and knew the Cotswolds very well.

Air shows are fascinating - I went to Cosford as well last year and it took 3 hours to get out of the car park and I had to drive through road cones to escape in a sensible time

Salty

• Fleetwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2006, 20:06:58 »

Been too busy and haven't won any thickets this year - I am buying one for next year as they are flying a Vulcan

Used to see a Vulcan every time I went to work (not flying though) but it's gone for scrap now. Would interesting to see one actually airborn.

Martin_1962

« Reply #5 on: 15 July 2006, 20:10:30 »

Used to see a Vulcan every time I went to work (not flying though) but it's gone for scrap now. Would interesting to see one actually airborn.

http://www.tvoc.co.uk/

So get buying lottery tickets and don't say they waste money!

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #6 on: 15 July 2006, 20:50:53 »

Ahhhh, Cosford and the Vulcan. Very fond memories of my RAF days. Shackletons, Jaguars, Phantom F4's and Tornados too. Did my training at Cosford - Got banned from most the Pubs in Albrighton!!!!.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.