Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Libre Office or Open Office?  (Read 1966 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Libre Office or Open Office?
« Reply #15 on: 22 February 2021, 20:51:31 »

Since my switch from MS Office to Libre Office, the only major issue has been with databases. Almost impossible. Spreadsheets, Word documents, presentations have all been fine with just a bit of tweaking. Care needs to be taken when saving anything. There are many options for file formats including most MS, but sometimes the default is Libres own odt, which is a bit oddball.

.. and on the plus side, it even does a better job of reading MS's own documents from previous versions of office. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 February 2021, 00:21:52 »

Since my switch from MS Office to Libre Office, the only major issue has been with databases. Almost impossible. Spreadsheets, Word documents, presentations have all been fine with just a bit of tweaking. Care needs to be taken when saving anything. There are many options for file formats including most MS, but sometimes the default is Libres own odt, which is a bit oddball.

.. and on the plus side, it even does a better job of reading MS's own documents from previous versions of office. ::)

Now that you mention it, yes indeed.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 February 2021, 18:12:47 »

Ignoring the abortion of a product that was Office 2007, backwards compatibility was always fine for me  :-\
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.