Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intermittent door mirror switch - Can contacts be cleaned ?  (Read 1355 times)

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • 2.5 V6 CDX Manual (MFL)
    • View Profile

Hi,

I have a MFL Omega V6 (V plate) and I have noticed the door mirror adjuster is becoming somewhat 'reluctant' to operate the mirrors (regardless of which mirror).  I does eventually spark the mirrors into movement but only after pressing the control several times in a sort of weird ritual  ;D

My dad has the facelift Desmond, and I recall removing his panel as that went funny but was able to clean contacts if I recall (small ball bearings ?).

The one on mine is of course different (this is the one by the looks https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Omega-B-Genuine-Mirror-Control-Switch-90363307/351919361925?hash=item51f0074f85:g:knsAAMXQU6tQ-rzR

The question is:

• Can contacts on mine be cleaned ?
  • I see some on sale have a small orange led ?  Mine does not, if changed, would either one fit (with or without the led?
  • Would they have them at the dealer ?  I would guess not - Anybody know the Part Number ?
  • Are they easy to change without damaging anything ?  I am always nervous about removing doorcards  :-\

Many thanks all.

Andy.

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
Re: Intermittent door mirror switch - Can contacts be cleaned ?
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2019, 14:40:30 »

No need to remove doorcard. The handle part that the switch is attached to comes loose when undoing 3 bolts without disturbing the rest of the doorcard. Led is for heated mirrors. Comes on with heated rear window. Thought all Omegas had that, but maybe that was standard only in scandinavia. Never opened up such a switch myself, but would assume it will be doable to take one apart and clean it being careful.

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 March 2019, 15:07:16 »

Many thanks.  I may give it a go.  The mirrors are definitely heated (Icon is on the glass and they do clear when rear screen on) but never had LED on the switch  :-\  (Had car from new, so I know its not been changed)

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 March 2019, 15:18:39 »

OK. Maybe the switch got changed over the years. Ive got a 94, a 95 and a 97 Omega and they all have that led which comes on with the heating, but they dont have an icon on the glass. Be aware that if you do go for a new second hand switch there are two completely different connectors on them. 94 and 95 cars have a much smaller connector. Found that out the hard way when changing a switch. Ended up cutting and soldering all the wires to get the right kind of connector.

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 March 2019, 15:26:08 »

Many thanks.  Mine is a year 2000 one, last few I think before the Facelift versions so yep assume they changed.

I'll keep my eye out for a good switch as I can at least mess with that one before I prod about with the one on the car  :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 March 2019, 16:43:40 »

Many thanks.  Mine is a year 2000 one, last few I think before the Facelift versions so yep assume they changed.

I'll keep my eye out for a good switch as I can at least mess with that one before I prod about with the one on the car  :y
A new one should be easy enough to come by... Used on most Vauxhalls of that age :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 March 2019, 21:09:18 »

A new one should be easy enough to come by... Used on most Vauxhalls of that age :y

:y  I'll give the Stealer a try next week. 

I had a quick look around the Interweb but could only find used ones which looked a bit shabby, unless you know anywhere with new ones ? 

Part number I converged on was 90363307 which I assume is right.

Cheers,
Andy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.