Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: windows misting up  (Read 2311 times)

farmer andy

• carlisle
    • 2.5tdi saloon
    • View Profile
windows misting up
« on: 22 November 2014, 11:37:38 »

Hi all. I desperately need some help finding the problem of the windows misting up on my 2.5dti. It is so bad I cannot drive safely, but it only happens in wet or cold weather. I have checked the heater matrix, ok and not losing coolant. All the carpets are dry and all the vents clear including the boot vents. it still mists up either on air con or eco and the recirc button works ok. The scuttle panel drain and door drains are clear. All the door seals are in good condition and the windows close properly. I have put sealant around the screen and rear window and the heated rear window works well. I have changed the thermostat. And after all this the bloody thing still mist up. If anyone has any ideas, your knowledge would be gratefully received

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
  • Madness is a state of i dont mind
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
Re: windows misting up
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2014, 11:42:45 »

check neck on expansion tank--look for cracking--mine did that-opens up and before you know it--steamed up windows-HTH  :y :y
1998 volvo 940 turbo 225bhp +1965 Rover 5000 v8+ 1962 ford consul 375 lowrider

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 November 2014, 12:59:38 »

thanks to everyone for their advice. I will look into all these tomorrow. The air con is working although not as efficient as it should be, but at the moment I am running it on economy to see if it makes a difference, which at present it doesnt
Are you still running on ECO mode?
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 22 November 2014, 13:07:45 »

If I recall correctly, your aircon was either weak or not working...

When ECO is OFF, but climate system is on, ie display shows temp/blower speed, and engine running, look under the bonnet...

Aircon compressor is the bottom pulley nearest the battery, if you can clearly see 3 round lumps on the pulley when the engine is running then your aircon ISN'T working. You need to find out why and fix it.

Also if the car runs cool, then the heater will be less effective... what does the dash temp gauge show once warmed up, and how much heat do you get from the vents with the heater on high? Anything less than toasty hot, then either the thermostat is sticking open, or the heater matrix might need flushing, or both.

Combine a weak heater with dead aircon and damp weather and you have the perfect recipe for your problem :'(

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 November 2014, 13:17:35 »

Seems to be especially bad on Omegas this misting up problem..  :-\  ... Since doing the A/C mines fine so far (once cleared that is).

omega3000

« Reply #5 on: 22 November 2014, 13:22:36 »

There's a reset for the cabin air circulation , if its stuck it will steam up no matter what  :( Mr DTM posted a link to reset but cant find it  :(

05omegav6

« Reply #6 on: 22 November 2014, 13:29:35 »

There's a reset for the cabin air circulation , if its stuck it will steam up no matter what  :( Mr DTM posted a link to reset but cant find it  :(
Please read the manual :-X

:y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 November 2014, 13:34:15 »

If I recall correctly, your aircon was either weak or not working...

When ECO is OFF, but climate system is on, ie display shows temp/blower speed, and engine running, look under the bonnet...

Aircon compressor is the bottom pulley nearest the battery
, if you can clearly see 3 round lumps on the pulley when the engine is running then your aircon ISN'T working. You need to find out why and fix it.

Also if the car runs cool, then the heater will be less effective... what does the dash temp gauge show once warmed up, and how much heat do you get from the vents with the heater on high? Anything less than toasty hot, then either the thermostat is sticking open, or the heater matrix might need flushing, or both.

Combine a weak heater with dead aircon and damp weather and you have the perfect recipe for your problem :'(

I don't recognise the model 2.5Dti?, if its a TD the compressor is the opposite side IIRC. :y

05omegav6

« Reply #8 on: 22 November 2014, 13:42:05 »

Fair dos... it will be the one with a staionary hub anyways :y

05omegav6

« Reply #9 on: 22 November 2014, 13:44:12 »

Seems to be especially bad on Omegas this misting up problem..  :-\  ... Since doing the A/C mines fine so far (once cleared that is).
Car clearly has alot of water in it if you're faced with that every morning :o

I would be stripping it to dry it out properly :-\

omega3000

« Reply #10 on: 22 November 2014, 13:45:27 »

Please read the manual :-X

:y

I dont need it , he does  ::) ;D ;D :P

05omegav6

« Reply #11 on: 22 November 2014, 13:50:29 »

Everything, and I mean everything, was covered here...

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=127278.0;all

So, Andy, what on that list have you done?

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 November 2014, 20:07:13 »

Most of that is on the outside should probably add, There's still the layer of mist inside mind, No doubt these things probably don't help.. It's not used daily, It doesn't get any sun till around midday..

Wasn't like this last year when the A/C was working, Although it's been especially damp this year if it where to be colder I'm sure it would be fine :-\

omega3000

« Reply #13 on: 23 November 2014, 12:20:11 »

Most of that is on the outside should probably add, There's still the layer of mist inside mind, No doubt these things probably don't help.. It's not used daily, It doesn't get any sun till around midday..

Wasn't like this last year when the A/C was working, Although it's been especially damp this year if it where to be colder I'm sure it would be fine :-\

I use to get loads of moisture build up on the inside of the front screen over night in the old elite  :( Suspected the front screen not sealing properly  :-\ No problem with the mv atm but we will see after the frost tonight .

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 November 2014, 16:17:49 »

TD compressor (and 2.5DTi compressor, for our lucky Opel members) is on its own belt just to the left of the crank pulley, looking from front.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.