Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Green lane numpties...  (Read 4100 times)

05omegav6

Green lane numpties...
« on: 25 January 2015, 18:24:53 »

Stuck in a queue of traffic this evening,  speed between 20 and 30 on a quick Nsl A road with limited overtaking...

The reason...

A mud caked Transit transporter, no beacons on, carrying a badly butchered Range Rover, which must have been close to the weight limit. By close I mean over... Towing an early Freelander on a bar, the entire thing being closely followed by an equally hideous Disco, again caked in mud.

Transits make rubbish transporters as they are relatively heavy so have a low payload, add in a 90bhp engine and stick a trailer on it, and it makes for very long slow journey... Especially when the person 'driving' the Freelander rides the brakes and keeps swerving over the centre line ::) engine was running on the Freelander too ???

Bizarre, selfish and downright dangerous...

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Green lane numpties...
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2015, 21:18:30 »

That's when they've finished chewing up the byways so other folk can't use them for walking / cycling / getting to their houses. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

05omegav6

« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2015, 21:26:32 »

That's when they've finished chewing up the byways so other folk can't use them for walking / cycling / getting to their houses. ::)
Indeed...

4x4

« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2015, 21:31:38 »

Its the few who have no regard for the byways that wreck them,and also go on lanes etc that they are not allowed to go on,ive gone green laning with northants 4x4 ,its always organised,gates are opened and closed as we go through them,and we have respect for others who use the by ways aswell,as normal its the idiots with no respect that gives the sensible people using the by ways a bad name aswell.

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 25 January 2015, 21:35:43 »

Which is all very noble and explains why you cleaned all the mud from your windows and lights before driving home ;)

4x4

« Reply #5 on: 25 January 2015, 21:43:53 »

It was 12 when i drove home,lights weren't that dirty,and can see perfectly well out of windows,if i couldnt have they would have been cleaned before leaving site as i always carry rags and water just incase everything is that dirty i cant see out of them.

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 25 January 2015, 23:35:43 »

It was 12 when i drove home,lights weren't that dirty,and can see perfectly well out of windows,if i couldnt have they would have been cleaned before leaving site as i always carry rags and water just incase everything is that dirty i cant see out of them.
Kinda missed the point ::)

http://www.glass-uk.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=129
Is there a copy of that with pictures?

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 January 2015, 23:41:26 »

Is the joined up writing a bit much for you Al?  :-X  :D  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

05omegav6

« Reply #9 on: 25 January 2015, 23:46:38 »

;D ;D ;D

It reads like a labour manifesto surreal comedy, so it might as well be in pictures...

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 January 2015, 23:53:09 »

;D ;D ;D

It reads like a labour manifesto surreal comedy, so it might as well be in pictures...

You're right in that it's not a labour manifesto as it's got some policies in it....  ::)  ;D

4x4

« Reply #11 on: 26 January 2015, 11:22:18 »

Taxi Al will you stop taring people with the same brush,its getting a bit much now,there are responsible people who do off roading/green laning,which may also volenter in response teams,who give up there free time when there is floods,heavy snow etc who will take nurses,police,and other  services to places where there veichles cant get to but those with modified 4x4 numpty owners can,maybe do some reasearch about this before slaging us off.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 January 2015, 11:44:02 »

Taxi Al will you stop taring people with the same brush,its getting a bit much now,there are responsible people who do off roading/green laning,which may also volenter in response teams,who give up there free time when there is floods,heavy snow etc who will take nurses,police,and other  services to places where there veichles cant get to but those with modified 4x4 numpty owners can,maybe do some reasearch about this before slaging us off.

Because this is fine example of not tarring a group as all the same ::)

And also take a cycling test aswell so they atleast know which side of road to be on  :-X

We all say something targeted at those few who make the majority look bad and should not be taken as something personal :y

4x4

« Reply #13 on: 26 January 2015, 11:58:06 »

Off topic but i think everybody who rides a bike should do the cycling test,before allowed on the road or pavement. Also must have lights fitted and used when it dark.

4x4

« Reply #14 on: 26 January 2015, 12:02:44 »

You have to do a test to drive a car,motorbike etc so why shouldnt it be law to for cyclists to do the test before they are allowed on the road,i did mine when i was 9 and so did a few of my friends as we did it in the summer holidays,atleast it taught you how to use the road correctly,traffic lights and roundabouts.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 26 January 2015, 12:10:36 »

Off topic but i think everybody who rides a bike should do the cycling test,before allowed on the road or pavement. Also must have lights fitted and used when it dark.

Yes, and I think that off roaders should be restricted to tarmac roads or private ground set aside for the purpose of off road training, because they seem incapable of sticking to the very reasonable code of practice that alarming man provided, but I recognise that that's not how the world works.  ;)

Most off roaders and cyclists coexist happily, but it's always the bad eggs who stand out and cause people to comment, isn't it? If your house is in order, why take offence?
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

4x4

« Reply #16 on: 26 January 2015, 12:47:19 »

I only ever go on pay and play days or organised green laning with the 4x4 forum who do stick to the guide lines, i have never gone off roading on anybodys land and never will,the northants logo at bottom of my signature will take you to the response team that i am a member,seems like so many negative but dont want to recognise what the responsible 4x4 owners actually do,have a read i dare you too,also 99% off equipment that response team members carry is paid for out of that persons pocket,1st aid kits,recovery/winching gear,we have training days where we are working along police,fire,ambulance,doctors nurses,etc,and every time we get commented on how well we are able to go about our duties and being involved with other proffesional groups.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 January 2015, 13:00:06 »

I don't think you are understanding the intent of Kev and my comments.  This is not a thread against you, just one incident of a numpty (or two) driving a dangerous load on public roads.  So why take offence?

Nowt personal against you or the majority of Green laners

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 January 2015, 13:27:06 »

I dont go off road , dont like to get it dirty  ;D
Omegatitis

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 January 2015, 13:49:55 »

Nowt personal against you or the majority of Green laners

Indeed. In fact, when the snow comes down our village tends to get closed off pretty quickly, and the 4x4 clubs are the only people out trying to get cars moving again. Local council and Police representatives stand around in hi-vis jackets advising them that they shouldn't be helping people up the hill because it involves driving on the wrong side of the dual carriageway when they descend to get the next car. Quite how they'd be able to help otherwise I don't know. ::)

I've nothing at all against those who abide by the rules.

But.. try cycling down a lane when there are ruts 2' deep in the mud, or where you get forced into the hedgerow by an endless stream of old 4x4s of a Sunday afternoon.

4x4

« Reply #20 on: 26 January 2015, 14:28:56 »

Well the 4x4s who force you off the track can be reported as they should give way to you,ruts in lanes thats mainly down to some users using extreme mud tyres when not required,ive managed on my road tyres and not got stuck.also its been proven that horses actually do the most damage to by ways. :y

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 26 January 2015, 15:17:53 »

Is that them pesky horses with winter tyres on? ::)

05omegav6

« Reply #22 on: 26 January 2015, 15:46:46 »

Is that them pesky horses with winter tyres on? ::)
That made I chuckle... ;D ;D ;D

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26 January 2015, 17:15:15 »

no 4x4 can leave ruts 2 foot deep,  ::)

its probably them tractors who I suppose have no rights to be there either? ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #24 on: 26 January 2015, 18:01:48 »

Perhaps but to suggest that a horse is more environmentally damaging than a 4x4 is utterly risible ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26 January 2015, 19:42:25 »

Perhaps but to suggest that a horse is more environmentally damaging than a 4x4 is utterly risible ;D

You've clearly never stood behind one Al!  :o  ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #26 on: 26 January 2015, 19:43:55 »

True, but then again I don't drive my car along bridleways... ;D

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 27 January 2015, 08:15:49 »

Another one gone then :-\
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

RossPhim

• Morayshire, Scotland
  • The blue oval now-a-days!?!
    • 2.2 TDCi TXS
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 27 January 2015, 08:18:35 »

Seems to be a common theme now-a-days, round here!

:'(

Twintop

• cruising
    • V6 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29 January 2015, 21:26:37 »

Only a newbie,but im starting to see a pattern forming with certain members on here,as a person who does use by ways on a legal motor cross bike and a hummer,yes i do use mine for its intended purpose off roading,and you cant just blame 4x4 users for damage to these lanes.
Black mv6 manual,3.2 v6
550 bhp supercharger with 100bhp wet nitrous kit

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 29 January 2015, 21:49:50 »

;D ;D ;D

Surreal comedy..??....there definitely someone/ thing funny on here(and that's not funny ha ha) but it certainly does not have anything with GLASS

and you are so right about a pattern supercharge  >:(
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 29 January 2015, 23:06:25 »

;D ;D ;D

Surreal comedy..??....there definitely someone/ thing funny on here(and that's not funny ha ha) but it certainly does not have anything with GLASS

and you are so right about a pattern supercharge  >:(

With you on that........ :(

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30 January 2015, 09:45:33 »

So one is supposed to keep quiet when you see something that p!sses you off or you dont agree with what is said?  All in the vein of keeping things amical?  He took a post about one incident which was not directed at him as a personal insult which, ironically, it did become a little bit after he doth protested too much ::)

I see lots of sh!te and abuse on here towards cyclists, some of which I agree with (as a keen cyclist myself) but much of it is uncalled for or inaccurate but you don't see me getting whiny and p!ssy like a fleckin girl.

There are ways to go about communicating your opinion or, when you come across those with whom you are at an impasse, having the strength to pull back from a conversation.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30 January 2015, 10:13:51 »

This is the internet, though, where nobody can just accept that someone has a contrary opinion to theirs, or even that they've missed the point entirely, and move on, as they would in any other domain..  ::)

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30 January 2015, 13:14:30 »

;D :D :D :D
Omegatitis

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 31 January 2015, 10:47:38 »

This is the internet, though, where nobody can just accept that someone has a contrary opinion to theirs, or even that they've missed the point entirely, and move on, as they would in any other domain..  ::)
And harder to lump/be lumped by disagreeing parties, so we're all big brave boyz.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 31 January 2015, 10:50:29 »

And harder to lump/be lumped by disagreeing parties, so we're all big brave boyz.
Although trying to be serious just for a mo, its far harder to get opposing views across with no immediate feedback on reaction as you would get face to face.  I know I've managed to piss a few off with some slightly controversial comments that have been received in the wrong manner, which would have been clarified if it was done in person  :-[
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #37 on: 31 January 2015, 17:37:26 »

Although trying to be serious just for a mo, its far harder to get opposing views across with no immediate feedback on reaction as you would get face to face.  I know I've managed to piss a few off with some slightly controversial comments that have been received in the wrong manner, which would have been clarified if it was done in person  :-[
Tru dat :-\

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 31 January 2015, 18:25:39 »

Yep , i think we all have thrown our teddies out the pram at some point  ;D ;D ;D Guilty me lud  ::) :D
Omegatitis
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.