Author Topic: ECP  (Read 4662 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: ECP
« Reply #15 on: 28 January 2015, 20:02:13 »

EuroShiteParts always have a 50% sale. Or rather, they occasionally overinflate some prices for the legal time in order to have a 50% sale.

Like DFS really. Only DFS's stuff is almost half decent. And genuine.

EMD - those prices don't sound particularly good  :-X

See?  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 January 2015, 20:11:26 »

EuroShiteParts always have a 50% sale. Or rather, they occasionally overinflate some prices for the legal time in order to have a 50% sale.

Like DFS really. Only DFS's stuff is almost half decent. And genuine.

EMD - those prices don't sound particularly good  :-X

See?  ;D

;D ;D

Well , from local factors :

Copper grease is £5
Gloves are £5
Oil filter £6
Oil £25
Screen wash £9

Compared to ECP :

5 litrs of super concentrate screen wash £3.45
5 litrs 10/40 QX semi skim oil £15.50
Copper grease £2.30
Oil filter £2.70
100 vinyl gloves £2.80

So saved a few 99p's  ;)
« Last Edit: 28 January 2015, 20:14:24 by EMD »
Omegatitis

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 January 2015, 20:23:50 »

I use ECP daily on a trade basis,some of there offers are brilliant value and not necessarily shite parts as they always offer a branded equivalent,can belt kits are SKF or Contitech and a lot of other kit is Bosch/Valeo,if you ask for cheapest you get no names stuff which or may not be up to much.
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 January 2015, 21:35:46 »

Copper grease £2.30
If its not Molyslip Copaslip, its not worth 20p. If it is genuine Copaslip, its a good price, as most places want £6-7 for it.
Grumpy old man

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 January 2015, 01:54:03 »

Bought a Bosch battery and some Bosch wipers from CP4L recently seen as they where a decent amount cheaper than ECP, Same quality of service just generally cheaper on the whole.  :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 January 2015, 08:48:35 »

I bought a set of headbolts from CP4L when I did my HG's before Christmas as they were the cheapest I could find at £16ish for a set.  :y

However they only sent me 8 bolts instead of the 16 required for both heads.  So when I phoned up and complained they said that the ebay listing was for 'a set' ie for one head, but when I pointed out that the photo showed 16 bolts and it was reasonable to assume that I'd receive 16 bolts, they backed down and sent another 8 bolts.  :y

They changed the photo to one showing only 8 bolts pretty quickly as well!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 January 2015, 09:50:22 »

Bought a Bosch battery and some Bosch wipers from CP4L recently seen as they where a decent amount cheaper than ECP, Same quality of service just generally cheaper on the whole.  :y

I just did a comparrison from ECP to CP4L , i think ill use CP4L next time as the code Josh gave does indeed give you a little more discount . Hope the delivery service is as good as ECP  :y
Omegatitis

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 January 2015, 13:38:34 »

I find ECP excellent so long as you don't need to use their 'customer service team' They are piss poor. >:(

Today, a large parcel arrived. It consisted of 3 x 500 ml of spray on de-icer, along with a sturdy scraper. Total cost £5...including delivery.

Not a bad price  :y

I ordered :
5 litrs of super concentrate screen wash £3.45
5 litrs 10/40 QX semi skim oil £15.50
Copper grease £2.30
Oil filter £2.70
100 vinyl gloves £2.80

:y

GM 10W-40 about £30 for 20L on TC :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 January 2015, 13:54:39 »

Sadly EMD's local Vx stealers don't do the Trade Club, I'd be interested to know if there's a list of Trade Club Dealers - I've looked and haven't been able to find one.

It is worth starting a new thread to make a definitive list of all the TC garages?

It seems to me that, as with EMD, certain members have to either ask nicely another member to buy and then post him something, or buy the ECP or Unipart whatever stuff. I consider myself lucky, that thanks to the pure coincidence that my nearest Stealer happens to be a TC one and that for cheaper than than the cheapest rubbish engine oil, I can get top quality Vauxhall stuff.
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

05omegav6

« Reply #24 on: 29 January 2015, 15:49:34 »

Sadly EMD's local Vx stealers don't do the Trade Club, I'd be interested to know if there's a list of Trade Club Dealers - I've looked and haven't been able to find one.

It is worth starting a new thread to make a definitive list of all the TC garages?

It seems to me that, as with EMD, certain members have to either ask nicely another member to buy and then post him something, or buy the ECP or Unipart whatever stuff. I consider myself lucky, that thanks to the pure coincidence that my nearest Stealer happens to be a TC one and that for cheaper than than the cheapest rubbish engine oil, I can get top quality Vauxhall stuff.
GM dealers often have some sort of offer on oil... whether it is Vauxhall or Chevrolet... simply go in and ask what the current promotion is and buy accordingly :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29 January 2015, 20:32:23 »

The definitive list of TC dealers is on the TC wbsite.
Grumpy old man

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 January 2015, 10:04:10 »

ah, that's good then, at least there is a list. Found the 'retailer locator' title on a tab, but it's a dead link, sadly. Hope EMD finds his nearest TC dealer, and it's worth the trek once in a while.  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

ted_one

« Reply #27 on: 30 January 2015, 11:01:09 »

Think when you're up this way Al,I'll  have to take you into my local stealers and let you experience the good old ''fu** you and fu** off and don't ask me for any thing... unless you want to pay extortionate and over inflated prices.... attitude that they have there.Needless to say I'd rather drink bleach than pay £54 for 4.5 litres of oil or any thing else that they NEVER have in stock for Omegas.....think I'm doing OK shopping around for my bits and pieces,may be not quite up to VX standards on occasions but in all honesty who really can put their hand on heart and say they know where they source all their parts from :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 January 2015, 12:10:40 »

Think when you're up this way Al,I'll  have to take you into my local stealers and let you experience the good old ''fu** you and fu** off and don't ask me for any thing... unless you want to pay extortionate and over inflated prices.... attitude that they have there.Needless to say I'd rather drink bleach than pay £54 for 4.5 litres of oil or any thing else that they NEVER have in stock for Omegas.....think I'm doing OK shopping around for my bits and pieces,may be not quite up to VX standards on occasions but in all honesty who really can put their hand on heart and say they know where they source all their parts from :-\

Your VX dealer sounds about as helpful as mine. ;D ;D

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 30 January 2015, 13:02:56 »

+ 1

I have to do the best i can to get stuff , at least im servicing everything even though it doesnt have the vx brand on it . These cars should be grateful  ::) ;D
Omegatitis
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.