Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Which car do I sell? One has to go :(  (Read 3016 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Which car do I sell? One has to go :(
« on: 29 January 2015, 17:08:25 »

My issue is, I have too many cars - SWMBO has told me that I'm only allowed two cars, and I HAVE to sell one. To be honest I agree with her, the tax, insurance and maintenance on all three is a bit unnecessary.

1) I have the 51 Plate DTi Estate which I bought from VXL V6. This is my daily hack, It's on over 170k miles and has been heavily used by me for months. It's (reasonably) economical, very reliable (I've been to spain and back in it!) and I love it. I know i'd bitterly regret it, if I moved it on. My daily driver also needs to be capable of carrying my Dog, so therefore this car is very suitable.

2) I have the 2000 V Plate V8 Range Rover. This is an absolute beast, and is mechanically fine to my knowledge. It drives lovely, although a different machine to the Omega. This is my "spare" car which I use occasionally when I fancy a treat, or as a backup if ever my DTi had to have any work done. It's also more than capable of carrying my dog.

3) I have the V6 black 3.2 Omega Saloon project. So a black 3.2 with stronger AR35 autobox fitted. This car is immaculate bar a few very small marks, especially immaculate internally, and the wheels, and the engine will be in very fine form with new timing belt kit, water pump, cam cover gaskets, manifold gaskets, thermostat, etc etc blah...
This is the least practical car for us at the moment, BUT I really, really like it, 3.2's are getting more rare, especially black ones I believe, and I just know that driving this machine will literally make me grin from ear to ear!!!!! Yet, despite being such a good car, I suspect it's value will be much more to me, than on the open market.

Which one would you let go?

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
Re: Which car do I sell? One has to go :(
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2015, 17:12:48 »

My issue is, I have too many cars - SWMBO has told me that I'm only allowed two cars, and I HAVE to sell one. To be honest I agree with her, the tax, insurance and maintenance on all three is a bit unnecessary.

1) I have the 51 Plate DTi Estate which I bought from VXL V6. This is my daily hack, It's on over 170k miles and has been heavily used by me for months. It's (reasonably) economical, very reliable (I've been to spain and back in it!) and I love it. I know i'd bitterly regret it, if I moved it on. My daily driver also needs to be capable of carrying my Dog, so therefore this car is very suitable.

2) I have the 2000 V Plate V8 Range Rover. This is an absolute beast, and is mechanically fine to my knowledge. It drives lovely, although a different machine to the Omega. This is my "spare" car which I use occasionally when I fancy a treat, or as a backup if ever my DTi had to have any work done. It's also more than capable of carrying my dog.

3) I have the V6 black 3.2 Omega Saloon project. So a black 3.2 with stronger AR35 autobox fitted. This car is immaculate bar a few very small marks, especially immaculate internally, and the wheels, and the engine will be in very fine form with new timing belt kit, water pump, cam cover gaskets, manifold gaskets, thermostat, etc etc blah...
This is the least practical car for us at the moment, BUT I really, really like it, 3.2's are getting more rare, especially black ones I believe, and I just know that driving this machine will literally make me grin from ear to ear!!!!! Yet, despite being such a good car, I suspect it's value will be much more to me, than on the open market.

That one

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2015, 17:25:44 »

That one
Yep, that's actually the least practical. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 January 2015, 17:31:58 »

That one
Yep, that's actually the least practical. ;)

Not if it snows it aint ::) ;) ;)
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • :( nowt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 January 2015, 17:37:26 »

Sell the black one.....

.....to me!

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 January 2015, 18:00:45 »

Not the 4x4  :)
Omegatitis

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #6 on: 29 January 2015, 18:14:24 »

Sell me ya Range rover!  ;D ;D ;D ;) ;)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 January 2015, 18:33:20 »

The estate DTi is staying, that's not for discussion, it's the best omega I've owned

It's between the other two!

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 January 2015, 19:06:21 »

The estate DTi is staying, that's not for discussion, it's the best omega I've owned

It's between the other two!
Glad it's running well  :y

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 January 2015, 19:18:34 »

Seen as you know Omegas inside and out by now, Know what they need, What's like to go wrong, How to fix relatively cheap etc..

I'd say sell the Range Rover & get the 3.2 fixed in this case.  :y

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 January 2015, 19:22:52 »

id sort the missus out and keep them all  :D

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 January 2015, 19:51:49 »

As said I will come over and pickup the 3.2 when its ready :y

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • :( nowt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 January 2015, 23:08:26 »

As said I will come over and pickup the 3.2 when its ready :y

Hey! I asked first  ;D

candyman

• Carrickfergus, N Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 January 2015, 23:42:10 »

Put the black in storage untill the range rover dies. Tell the swmbo that you sold it, then when the v8 goes, suddenly the omega is for sale and you got it back. Simples.
ongoing projects- 99 3.0 elite est, 90 xr4x4 est twin turbo. expensive ornament- mz baghira supermoto. mk2 granada 2.8 gradualy disappearing in storage

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29 January 2015, 23:47:27 »

Put the black in storage untill the range rover dies. Tell the swmbo that you sold it, then when the v8 goes, suddenly the omega is for sale and you got it back. Simples.

;D ;D :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.