Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.2 down sarf  (Read 9473 times)

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 3.2 down sarf
« Reply #30 on: 31 January 2015, 08:09:01 »

What kind of bloody idiot makes an ebay listing for a car where it won't let you bid or BIN if you don't have paypal and won't accept any means of contact???  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

#muppet
it says Any questions please ask!.  and your free tp ask seller a question in the more actions bit   :y

Not when you click on it and then it says "the seller is a bottomburglar who doesn't accept messages so go forth" you can't  :P ::)
Well ive spoke to him  :y

Me too  :y
2.2 CDX Estate (broken), 2.5 CD Salon, 2.5 CD Estate LPG

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 31 January 2015, 10:38:45 »

BIN price £1k! Not bad for low mileage car.

I wonder when the last cambelt change was done?

November 2011 so it will be due  :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 31 January 2015, 10:44:38 »

BIN price £1k! Not bad for low mileage car.

I wonder when the last cambelt change was done?

November 2011 so it will be due  :y
So its done 5K in nearly 4 year

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 31 January 2015, 15:45:16 »

not looking at mileage just going by the 4 year rule :y

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 31 January 2015, 16:34:54 »

Well I'm outbid :-(

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 31 January 2015, 16:38:12 »

well to be honest Steve after the conversation I had with the owner I an not even going to put a bid in

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 31 January 2015, 17:02:53 »

well to be honest Steve after the conversation I had with the owner I an not even going to put a bid in

What's he say  :-\
Omegatitis

ted_one

« Reply #37 on: 31 January 2015, 17:22:26 »

Marks offline at the moment,but he told me that the arches need doing,ermm methinks there's no mention of that little task,cambelt, cam cover gaskets while you're there,aux belt,plugs,water pump etc etc it could become a money pit very quickly.Sorry don't want to piss on every one's parade but when ever a decent looker comes up there's a bit of a feeding frenzy that kicks off and I'm also guilty of chucking a few quid in on the bidding from time to time.But when it comes down to spending your hard earned you've got to go and see it in the flesh because sellers only tell you what you want to hear,because a lot of the time they're chewing on a bar of bullshit >:(

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 31 January 2015, 17:25:16 »

Arches is a surprise :-(

For me given miles it was worth a punt at a certain price - one to work on and get upto spec  :y Unfortunatly seems to have gone beyond that price for me already!

All the ones I ve looked at of late the sellers just seem to want to much given work needed, maybe I should stick with the 2.5 and ignore the 3.2 dream lol

powerslinky

« Reply #39 on: 31 January 2015, 17:30:06 »

Marks offline at the moment,but he told me that the arches need doing,ermm methinks there's no mention of that little task,cambelt, cam cover gaskets while you're there,aux belt,plugs,water pump etc etc it could become a money pit very quickly.Sorry don't want to piss on every one's parade but when ever a decent looker comes up there's a bit of a feeding frenzy that kicks off and I'm also guilty of chucking a few quid in on the bidding from time to time.But when it comes down to spending your hard earned you've got to go and see it in the flesh because sellers only tell you what you want to hear,because a lot of the time they're chewing on a bar of bullshit >:(

Well said that man !  ;)  even shi*ters look good in a photo . . .   

flea bay is not a serious option if looking to buy a car anymore . .  . only my opinion of course ::) ::) ::)

ted_one

« Reply #40 on: 31 January 2015, 17:43:05 »

Agree,that it is what it is,but even with the declared faults they will have to be addressed fairly quickly,because with my luck the cambelt would let go on me(probably on the way home after picking it up) I think it's a bargain at this stage but start adding good quality parts into the mix then who knows where you'll end up with your spend. :-\ just needs a bit of thinking about before you spend your dough :y

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 31 January 2015, 17:57:22 »

I'm Back!!!....tbh steve it was a surprise to me but the seller did give me a honest answer...and nitro is right what he is saying....even bad ones look good in photos and if brought you would need to spend best part of another say £1000 just to get a tidy car with a known good timing belt didn't even ask the condition of the tyres :o

ted_one

« Reply #42 on: 31 January 2015, 17:59:32 »

Any one know what colour blue that is??

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 31 January 2015, 18:02:30 »

Any one know what colour blue that is??

not sure does have a hint of tin worm ;D

ted_one

« Reply #44 on: 31 January 2015, 18:15:25 »

I'm feeling a bit bad because  steve fancies the car and we're being negative about it,but it's a case of finding a car near to you and getting up close to it,in this case the seller may have done his 'homework' and perhaps got an estimate for the work and thought the cost outweighed the perceived value of the car,that we'll never know.Definitely a potential 'fixer upper' but got to see it in the flesh and if it were a bit nearer then I would in a heart beat go and have nose around :y
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.