Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: interior mods or similar?  (Read 570 times)

ckz

• Intermediate Member
  • burton on trent
    • Vauxhall Omega CDX
    • View Profile
interior mods or similar?
« on: 31 January 2015, 10:19:28 »

as some of you may already seen on my posts, i like to modify my cars into my standard and i do like my gadges.
- not everybody's idea of fun but mine.
if someone don't like them, they don't need to have them. simple.

a small list on what i did inside my car so far.

the car is a omega 2,5 v6 automatik estate in silver with black leather interior.
as standard is has electronic climate control, computer, seat-heater etc, sunroof and so on.

i put in additional
a 7 inch Touchscreen entertainment system ( yes its playing mp3/mp4 etc and if i get a digital areal i can mount somewhere hiding inside the boot instead the roof it will have tv on as well )
tk 30 free speaking system which works over car speakers and gives additional music streaming to the standard feature of the mobile phone free-speaking. it also reads text messages out and you can text while concentrating on driving by telling what to text, or dial for a call. a handy peace of kit.
as i have double blacked out ( Foil ) rear windows i covered the interior rear view mirror ( yes is legal ) and mountened a 7 inch sat nav on which runs all the time while driving
rear view camera and monitor
i did install some flash led lights on the front dash and rear window added to the roof beacon which i need for some income increase
a snooper for speed traps incl finding the brand new hand held systems, which i just recieved and tested, works great.
installed a mount to use the galaxy tab  which runs mobile internet for live traffic updates on maps over inyternet / live features, and all other features including internet ( Goodle,Radio, whatever your PC is doing, just ion the car.
no internet hotspot necessary.
a voltmeter, well more to check the alternator and batterie to determinate a breakdown of alternator or batterie before its too late, had this before and was stranded with it ( rather have the chance buying parts cheap and have time to fix it as being forced paying a garage and a part while broke down. )
Dash Cam and additional rear cam ( 32 gb endless taping when ignition is on )
- this just helped me recently to caught a gravel lorry out which lost gravel of the back of the bed and hit my windscreen so i have evidence and provided this to the haulage firm in order to pay for the damages on my windscreen instead me paying for it.

thinking of exchanging the interior light bulbs, well actually the dash bulbs for bright red or blue ones at the moment,
but not sure which colour and would the electric actually handle it? also need to find out how to get the dash out to do it.

the doom lights are exchanged into led lights, the door-lights which are white will be exchanged into red as soon i get the bulbs.

now my question would be - do i miss anything what others maybe did and i would like?
anybody likes gadges and did similar?

sorry no pics as yet.
as soon it starts getting nice and i get around a good valeting i start making pics and try posting them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.