Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP sir Roger Moore  (Read 3146 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: RIP sir Roger Moore
« Reply #15 on: 23 May 2017, 19:40:10 »

Wasn't he Ivanhoe as well?

Now that goes way back STEMO. It was good in its day, but I am sure that production would not have worn well with time ;D ;)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 May 2017, 20:52:42 »

As a bit of an aside ITV4 usually show episodes of The Saint about 7-7.30am and the True Entertainment channel have for some weeks been showing episodes of The Persuaders about 9pm.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 May 2017, 13:55:36 »

As a bit of an aside ITV4 usually show episodes of The Saint about 7-7.30am and the True Entertainment channel have for some weeks been showing episodes of The Persuaders about 9pm.

Yes, Mr Baza. A little nostalgia is good for the soul. I was watching an old episode of Lovejoy recently. Lady Jane still does it for me. :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 May 2017, 17:43:21 »

"Boing", said Zebedee, "Time for bed...".
Onanists always think outside the box.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 May 2017, 11:28:33 »

Strangely, that what I always think of. Possibly one of the worst Bonds, certainly not the best.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 May 2017, 13:07:58 »

Strangely, that what I always think of. Possibly one of the worst Bonds, certainly not the best.

I sadly have to agree. He was too flippant, tongue in the cheek, as a character to be taken seriously as a Bond.  A million miles away from what I consider the best Bond ever, Daniel Craig; a Bond who looks like an assassin, who acts like one, acting to defend the realm as a serious British agent who you believe can kill if necessary at the drop of a hat.  He looks gorgeous as well!! :-* :-* :-* :-* 8)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 26 May 2017, 16:49:36 »

I sadly have to agree. He was too flippant, tongue in the cheek, as a character to be taken seriously as a Bond.  A million miles away from what I consider the best Bond ever, Daniel Craig; a Bond who looks like an assassin, who acts like one, acting to defend the realm as a serious British agent who you believe can kill if necessary at the drop of a hat.  He looks gorgeous as well!! :-* :-* :-* :-* 8)

Eveybody knows the definitive 'Bond' was George Lazenby, Lizzie. ::) ::) ::) ::) :) :-* :-*

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 May 2017, 17:06:34 »

Eveybody knows the definitive 'Bond' was George Lazenby, Lizzie. ::) ::) ::) ::) :) :-* :-*

;D ;D Yes, he was a bad one indeed ;)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26 May 2017, 23:18:37 »

Sad another one of my 'heroes' gone.

On that vain, I was always of the opinion he wasn't a great Bond however upon his death one of the many quotes of his kicking around was something along the lines of the following.... "I played it tongue in cheek, I didn't play it serious - because Bond wasn't really anything like what a real spy is - I mean what kind of spy is recognised in every Bar in town?" and in that once sentence that did, slightly turn my opinion of him.

He absolutely loved pork pie, apparently. I remember him on a Jonathan Ross once, he got given one as a present  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Lincs Robert

« Reply #24 on: 26 May 2017, 23:23:56 »

He will forever be Simon Templar, The Saint, for me! :-* :-*

Very sad to see Sir Roger go :'( :'( :'(

Don't forget Ivanhoe ......

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 27 May 2017, 08:45:31 »

I too have to agree - Simon Templar was his best role; the white Volvo  with the reg ST1, and not forgetting Claude, the Police Inpector that was run ragged by our hero.....
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 27 May 2017, 10:19:23 »

Sad another one of my 'heroes' gone.

On that vain, I was always of the opinion he wasn't a great Bond however upon his death one of the many quotes of his kicking around was something along the lines of the following.... "I played it tongue in cheek, I didn't play it serious - because Bond wasn't really anything like what a real spy is - I mean what kind of spy is recognised in every Bar in town?" and in that once sentence that did, slightly turn my opinion of him.

He absolutely loved pork pie, apparently. I remember him on a Jonathan Ross once, he got given one as a present  :)
He always said he played it light hearted.  He also said he didn't class himself as a great actor, which may be way he played these roles more almost as a comic.  But given the era, I think any actor trying to play Bond in the 70s and 80s might have struggled, particularly following Sean Connery. They will always date badly, as gadget laden and 70s/80s clothing.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.