Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 0.11 amp drain?  (Read 6820 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: 0.11 amp drain?
« Reply #30 on: 31 October 2017, 00:47:49 »

Not unusual for them to have the facility to plug both the live and switched feeds together (double socket on the red lead iirc), which possibly allows leakage back into the switched side of the car... the radio won't be drawing the extra current, but rather the car itself via the radio, possibly the consumer relay or headlight switch :-\

A better solution is perhaps to swap the red and yellow pins at the radio side of the DIN plug in order to retain the two separate feeds :y
Slight edit.
Onanists always think outside the box.

powerslinky

« Reply #31 on: 31 October 2017, 06:42:59 »

Not unusual for them to have the facility to plug both the live and switched feeds together (double socket on the red lead iirc), which possibly allows leakage back into the switched side of the car... the radio won't be drawing the extra current, but rather the car itself via the radio, possibly the consumer relay or headlight switch :-\

A better solution is perhaps to swap the red and yellow pins at the radio side of the DIN plug in order to retain the two separate feeds :y
Slight edit.

Easy Doc . . . gonna need a laymans explanation of exactly what to do here  :-[ :-[

I have 2 multi way connector blocks from the head unit, (DIN plugs ? ? :-\) if that is what you mean.
Without actually looking (which I will later today) I seem to remember switching the red & yellow on the adaptor block that joins with the OE connector for the original factory HU.

Are you saying put this back as was  . . .& switch it on the block connector coming out of the Sony HU ?   :-\ :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 31 October 2017, 07:15:03 »

The highlighted part wasn't the edit.

The car side of the plug shouldn't have been touched. The loom between the radio and the car plug is the bit that gets altered... Halfrods do a ready wired loom that connects the headunit to the car with no changes necessary. But essentially the red gets connected to the switched live (black on the car) and yellow to the permanent live (red on the car). Black on the radio loom goes to Brown on the car. :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

powerslinky

« Reply #33 on: 31 October 2017, 07:46:52 »

The highlighted part wasn't the edit.

The car side of the plug shouldn't have been touched. The loom between the radio and the car plug is the bit that gets altered... Halfrods do a ready wired loom that connects the headunit to the car with no changes necessary. But essentially the red gets connected to the switched live (black on the car) and yellow to the permanent live (red on the car). Black on the radio loom goes to Brown on the car. :y

OK Doc     I am using the adaptor loom kit from Halfrauds . .& the steering wheel controls loom also from there . Not touched the car loom  ;)   As I recall I just switched red & yellow in one of the adaptor blocks.  Cannot get to the car until a bit later on to see . Will report later

Thanks   :y

powerslinky

« Reply #34 on: 31 October 2017, 17:57:20 »

Not the sort of day i was planning  . . .so not got far

The Sony head & its dangling loom that ends with 2  x half size DIN blocks , has the red & yellow wires in seperate pull apart connectors before it gets to the DIN  connector.

What I had done was just reconnected with red to yellow & vise versa

Quickly tried it today with red to red & yellow to yellow with the same result of a 0.11 A drain

Did not have time to load up memory & see if it "Remembered"   :-\ :-\

Still looking to just replace the bloody thing with a CCR2006

Will a Signum /Vectra one fit & work ?  :-\ :-\ :-\

powerslinky

« Reply #35 on: 03 November 2017, 06:30:04 »

Update on the power drain with Sony HU  disconnected since Tuesday   

Just been out & tried to start the car  ::)

Central locking . . .all working  ;)

Dash lights  . . .like Blackpool seafront  ;D

Car started with what seems like a fully charged battery   :y :y :y

Will play about with red & yellow power feeds when I get a chance  . . but going down

the replcement OE  head unit is the plan   ;) ;)

Thanks to all who responded to get this sorted  . .    OOF at its best  again  :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 03 November 2017, 10:17:58 »

I'm sure TheBoy would be happy to "educate" the Sony head unit for you. That's probably what it needs. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04 November 2017, 19:10:50 »

I'm sure TheBoy would be happy to "educate" the Sony head unit for you. That's probably what it needs. :y
Glady :)
Grumpy old man

powerslinky

« Reply #38 on: 11 November 2017, 13:27:59 »

Update on Sony HU.    Not been able to get a replacement GM unit as yet . But . . . have changed the yellow & red power wires to how they should be  (Red to red / yellow to yellow )  power drain stays at 0.01 A   ;)

Unit will not remember radio stations though  . . .   but no big issue there  :)

Issue seems to be  . .if you need memory to work the red & yellow need swapping  BUT this causes a constant power drain of 0.11A  & will flatten battery in less than a week without use of car .

Unit wired as it should be  means unit works fine but no memory of radio stations & NO power drain

Will still try & replace with an OE  HU when one comes up  . .  :y

polilara

• Finland
    • 2.6 Y26SE Elegance 2001
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 02 December 2017, 07:17:54 »

Update on Sony HU.    Not been able to get a replacement GM unit as yet . But . . . have changed the yellow & red power wires to how they should be  (Red to red / yellow to yellow )  power drain stays at 0.01 A   ;)

Unit will not remember radio stations though  . . .   but no big issue there  :)

Issue seems to be  . .if you need memory to work the red & yellow need swapping  BUT this causes a constant power drain of 0.11A  & will flatten battery in less than a week without use of car .

Unit wired as it should be  means unit works fine but no memory of radio stations & NO power drain

Good that you solved it. I have 0.014A = 14mA with CDR2005. If you divide 60Ah with 14mA you get 6 months, never tried but after some weeks absolutely no problems to start.

https://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=126622.msg1616009#msg1616009

Will still try & replace with an OE  HU when one comes up  . .  :y
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.