Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: no bids as yet  (Read 2373 times)

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
no bids as yet
« on: 20 October 2017, 00:59:32 »

Never had a swede before, she looks racey too  :-*

that`s weird the GOV MOT website can`t find the reg  ???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAAB-9-3-440-AERO-V6-Anniversary-/162718208850?hash=item25e2c2d352:g:AJwAAOSwbURZuQJQ

neil74

• Intermediate Member
  • newport
    • 2.6 elite estate.
    • View Profile
Re: no bids as yet
« Reply #1 on: 20 October 2017, 01:28:45 »

I've just tried and it seems to work.

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 20 October 2017, 06:40:05 »

It’s only ever failed on tyres, lights and windscreen wipers. Nothing major at all.

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 20 October 2017, 06:45:46 »

Franchised Dealer:   £2,530
Independent Dealer:   £1,835
Private Good:   £1,385
Private Poor:   £1,065
Part Exchange:   £1,160
Original Price:   £29,805
Prices based on 110,000 miles and no fitted extras. Mileage & options typically affect prices by up to
Parker’s seem to think it’s over valued.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #4 on: 20 October 2017, 07:16:39 »

Nice looking car, never had one but a couple of the lads at work swear by them nice mileage.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 October 2017, 10:09:53 »

Great engine which can easily be remapped. :y

As it's a Saab I presume you work an architect, are an exceptionally gifted chess player, and wear thin wire-rimmed spectacles. :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #6 on: 20 October 2017, 10:16:36 »

As it's a Saab I presume you work an architect, are an exceptionally gifted chess player, and wear thin wire-rimmed spectacles. :y

Both guys I know are hairy.arsed prison officers 😀

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 October 2017, 10:31:27 »

Perhaps it's the Saab 'marketing team' making out that you need to be an intellectual of some description to drive their cars. ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 October 2017, 10:37:54 »

Perhaps it's the Saab 'marketing team' making out that you need to be an intellectual of some description to drive their cars. ;)

It does help you figure out where the ignition key goes, admittedly. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

2boxerdogs

« Reply #9 on: 20 October 2017, 11:04:25 »

It does help you figure out where the ignition key goes, admittedly. ::)

Us HMPS lads have done  the key course 😀😂😁

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 October 2017, 11:15:01 »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAAB-9-3-440-AERO-V6-Anniversary-/162718208850?hash=item25e2c2d352:g:AJwAAOSwbURZuQJQ

Nice motor that. If you get one, uksaabs is a great forum for knowledge and help. TBH the only one I've come across that's as good as the OOF, although they are a lot stricter on certain non-car related topics (eg. no politics).

As for the car, Ani Aero is a good spec, the regular Aero only refers to the engines (2.0T, 2.8T) and the suspension setup & body kit. Its possible to get an Aero car with no toys at all (non-heated, manual half leather seats, basic radio cd with no aux etc etc). The engines are generally strong and very tunable, maptun and JZW are the most common I think. JZW will give you 320bhp and >400ft lbs with no other mods :y

The Auto 'box is strong, there are a few running around the 400 bhp and 500 ft lbs mark with no issues  :o.

The only "known issue" I'm aware of on these is stretching timing chains, not common on the saab variant, more a Vx issue and uprated replacement parts are available so once its sorted its sorted.  :y

Personally I'm a big fan, but prefer the interior space of a 9-5 and its mpg and my mileage are not compatible  ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 October 2017, 11:25:56 »

Nice motor that. If you get one, uksaabs is a great forum for knowledge and help. TBH the only one I've come across that's as good as the OOF, although they are a lot stricter on certain non-car related topics (eg. no politics).

As for the car, Ani Aero is a good spec, the regular Aero only refers to the engines (2.0T, 2.8T) and the suspension setup & body kit. Its possible to get an Aero car with no toys at all (non-heated, manual half leather seats, basic radio cd with no aux etc etc). The engines are generally strong and very tunable, maptun and JZW are the most common I think. JZW will give you 320bhp and >400ft lbs with no other mods :y

The Auto 'box is strong, there are a few running around the 400 bhp and 500 ft lbs mark with no issues  :o.

The only "known issue" I'm aware of on these is stretching timing chains, not common on the saab variant, more a Vx issue and uprated replacement parts are available so once its sorted its sorted.  :y

Personally I'm a big fan, but prefer the interior space of a 9-5 and its mpg and my mileage are not compatible  ;D

Good to know, all other forums are rubbish. VAG ones apart from USA one were rubbish, infant worse than rubbish. One post a month or so and zero knowledge.

Zafira forum is just as bad, most popular thread is external styling changes  :(

Saab (93/95) is FWD though?  :-\

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 October 2017, 11:31:26 »

All Saabs are fwd. Always have been.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 October 2017, 11:32:42 »

Saab (93/95) is FWD though?  :-\

Yup, they all are, unless you pick up a 9-3 turboX (like rocking horse poop) which have a haldex 4wd system. So, arguably it needs no more power than it has off the line, but for overtaking they can be pretty fierce!

The last gen 9-5 also had some 4wd models produced, but I would guestimate that <100 examples came to the UK before Saab went pop one last time.
« Last Edit: 20 October 2017, 11:34:24 by jimmy944 »

2boxerdogs

« Reply #14 on: 20 October 2017, 11:42:44 »

Remember reading an article some time ago apparently the spares availability is excellent if my memory serves me correctly it's in Bedfordshire massive warehouse.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.