Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Road rage incident  (Read 6917 times)

STEMO

Road rage incident
« on: 29 November 2016, 18:29:17 »

With all the technology and databases available to the police, I find it incredible that they can't trace this driver:

M62 'road rage' driver attacks lorry with shovel
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-38148811

Ever Ready

• Omega Knight
  • Scotland
    • 2.2 CD Auto, Pug 308Hdi
    • View Profile
Re: Road rage incident
« Reply #1 on: 29 November 2016, 18:39:32 »

Reminds me of the incident on the M25 when a young man died over a road rage incident
An ounce of experience is worth more than a pound of enthusiasm.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2016, 18:45:27 »

Killed by Ken Noye iirc ?
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 November 2016, 21:42:54 »

STEMO, how naive of you: they only bother to use technology chase motorists for revenue collection - anything else involves too much work (sorry Jason)!

Ron.

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #4 on: 30 November 2016, 01:26:04 »

STEMO, how naive of you: they only bother to use technology chase motorists for revenue collection - anything else involves too much work (sorry Jason)!

Ron.

Complete and utter 'dangle berries'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's all I'm saying on this  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

2boxerdogs

« Reply #5 on: 30 November 2016, 07:20:40 »

I don't think it will be very long before this driver will be identified & charged over this incident.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 November 2016, 07:27:30 »

Ron.

It pains me to say but I'm with Ron on this one, and I speak from first hand experience. Left hand drive truck rips the side off the stationery car at a junction and does not stop. Immediately phone the police as the vehicle is trashed and all they were interested in was our documents.  >:(  When the Police (in our case Kidlington Police) inform you that they have 'exhausted all avenues of enquiry', of finding the truck owner but you manage to track down said vehicle yourself with minimal detective work, it does not inspire confidence. I still have the letter that I sent and their pathetic reply and I have posted on here many times regarding their lack of interest, even though we had the registration number of the offending vehicle and dash cam footage.
The reason we believe the police weren't interested........... it was a foreign truck.  >:( >:( >:(   As I said to the police at the time, I can only assume that they would have had the same negative response if this truck had killed someone.  ::) 
We did eventually get it sorted, thanks to Admiral getting loss chasers involved.  :y  My blood pressure has just shot up a notch just thinking about it.  ::)

My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 November 2016, 08:56:25 »

I don't think it will be very long before this driver will be identified & charged over this incident.

Not now the media have got hold of the story, but the incident was 3 weeks ago......
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 November 2016, 10:06:53 »

Ron.

It pains me to say but I'm with Ron on this one, and I speak from first hand experience. Left hand drive truck rips the side off the stationery car at a junction and does not stop. Immediately phone the police as the vehicle is trashed and all they were interested in was our documents.  >:(  When the Police (in our case Kidlington Police) inform you that they have 'exhausted all avenues of enquiry', of finding the truck owner but you manage to track down said vehicle yourself with minimal detective work, it does not inspire confidence. I still have the letter that I sent and their pathetic reply and I have posted on here many times regarding their lack of interest, even though we had the registration number of the offending vehicle and dash cam footage.
The reason we believe the police weren't interested........... it was a foreign truck.  >:( >:( >:(   As I said to the police at the time, I can only assume that they would have had the same negative response if this truck had killed someone.  ::) 
We did eventually get it sorted, thanks to Admiral getting loss chasers involved.  :y  My blood pressure has just shot up a notch just thinking about it.  ::)

Yep, Mrs. KW had her car damaged by a pikey in a Transit pickup. Submitted registration number, business card left by the driver at a local business and a security video of said incident occurring. Result? Mrs. KW got a producer and Police "Unable to trace" the third party. The Police seriously have to start making an effort on the hearts and minds front even if their hands are tied legally in some of these cases. Why immediately waste time processing the innocent party as a criminal, for a start? >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 November 2016, 12:05:59 »

Sorry to say Jason, it's a similar experience here. Since we had a car slide into and crash into our garden fence, we've been aware the car park behind us is often used for donuts and drifting type stuff. About once every 2 weeks or so, some idiot in a BMW arrives and does a donut of two then speeds off.

I've caught them on camera doing this, then driving off, clearly capturing the number plate. Police are not interested, they say they can do nothing  ???

Unless they can stop him there and then, prove who was the driver. Even with the reg supplied, they refused to even visit the driver.  >:(

However they are quite happy to sit on the London Road 40MPH area, just south of Heathrow with a speed gun. On a road than can easily be 60 and nab people doing 50!!!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 November 2016, 13:21:57 »

I agree with all of the above.

It is not beyond the wit of man to catch this guy. :-\

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 November 2016, 13:45:38 »

I agree with all of the above.

It is not beyond the wit of man to catch this guy. :-\

It was on Radio 2  ... Jeremy Vine. Manchester Plod say that although they can trace the owner, they can't prove who the driver was because the owner won't tell them.  ???
So .... when the speeding ticket/whatever arrives through the door addressed to the owner of a car, he/she can say 'no idea who was driving' and that's that!  ;D ;D

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 30 November 2016, 13:54:14 »

So..'I'm not telling' is not withholding information then?
Jack Reagan would have got it out of him.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 November 2016, 13:55:11 »

Seems not

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 November 2016, 13:59:48 »

Seems not

Insane....and frustrating. :(
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.