Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: B*stards  (Read 3217 times)

Colin G

• West Bridgford, Nottingham
  • I'm a patient man...........usually
    • Omega 2.2 Sport
    • View Profile
B*stards
« on: 30 November 2016, 20:06:45 »

Checked the postbox today to find a letter addressed to me - did wonder whether it was a lottery cheque or tax refund so got a bit excited  :D

On opening said letter it was notice of intent to prosecute 48 in a 40 >:(

Now when I used live down sarf we did have speed cameras but no where near the number that we have here in Nottingham most of which I know about and respect (stay within the speed limit).  This was a mobile jobbie at the end of a 50mph stretch - a dual cariageway with no residential properties or pedestrian walkways in the immediate area. 

In other words is just a cash cow for the local dibbles.

2boxerdogs

Re: B*stards
« Reply #1 on: 30 November 2016, 20:15:09 »

Got to agree Nottingham is dreadful for cameras, fortunately don't go there anymore now as our son has finished uni.

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 30 November 2016, 20:17:29 »

If it's your first one, you may get the opportunity to do a drivers speed awareness course.

Colin G

• West Bridgford, Nottingham
  • I'm a patient man...........usually
    • Omega 2.2 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 November 2016, 20:39:19 »

No unfortuately this is the second one this year - the last was in the roadworks on the M1 - 54 in a 50 so already been to driver school this year  ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 November 2016, 20:52:01 »

Checked the postbox today to find a letter addressed to me -  ....

just say it  wasn't you & you've no idea who was driving ......  :-X

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=138011.0;all

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 November 2016, 20:55:53 »

No unfortuately this is the second one this year - the last was in the roadworks on the M1 - 54 in a 50 so already been to driver school this year  ;D

Have you considered slowing down?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 November 2016, 20:56:25 »

Same Police Force? I've had two speeding tickets, different forces. Had two courses.  :y

But it was many years ago now  :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 November 2016, 21:07:35 »

it can't be that long ago .......  ::)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 November 2016, 21:29:56 »

You'll feel angry with yourself, the fine will arrive and you'll feel even angrier. You'll want to shove the £100 cheque somewhere unpleasant and your driving experience will be permanently marred. You'll drive everywhere at the exact speed limit using a mixture of cruise control and limiter, but one day you'll have a momentary lack of concentration and they'll have you again. You'll develop a hatred of coppers and tell yourself that if they are so stretched to the limit how come they can spare officers to sit in a van all day.  ::) You'll promise yourself that if they ever need your help you will be as unaccommodating as possible.
Apart from that it won't affect you at all.  :)

My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 December 2016, 00:28:55 »

You'll feel angry with yourself, the fine will arrive and you'll feel even angrier. You'll want to shove the £100 cheque somewhere unpleasant and your driving experience will be permanently marred. You'll drive everywhere at the exact speed limit using a mixture of cruise control and limiter, but one day you'll have a momentary lack of concentration and they'll have you again. You'll develop a hatred of coppers and tell yourself that if they are so stretched to the limit how come they can spare officers to sit in a van all day.  ::) You'll promise yourself that if they ever need your help you will be as unaccommodating as possible.

Have we met?? You seem to know me rather well.  ;D

I've been pinged twice this year, Switzerland and Holland, for a total of about €200 and 6km over the speed limit  >:(

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 December 2016, 07:47:14 »

Have we met?? You seem to know me rather well.  ;D

I've been pinged twice this year, Switzerland and Holland, for a total of about €200 and 6km over the speed limit  >:(

That's not good, seems the cooperating between, the dvla and European governments' is working, but not the European to uk government,, you want to check the amount of unpaid Dartford crossing, and lorry user charge, and unpaid cameras by jolly foreigners'.
Hoof'land storeman.

aaronjb

« Reply #11 on: 01 December 2016, 08:40:41 »

it can't be that long ago .......  ::)

When you're 19 like Tunnie, two years ago seems like forever..

When you're 150 years old like some of our other members "many years" doesn't kick in until somewhere around the time of WWII..  :P ;D

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 December 2016, 08:56:23 »

That's not good, seems the cooperating between, the dvla and European governments' is working, but not the European to uk government,, you want to check the amount of unpaid Dartford crossing, and lorry user charge, and unpaid cameras by jolly foreigners'.

To be fair, in my case there was no co-operation required, in both cases the hire car company gave me up to the rozzers. While billing me a €30 admin fee  ::). Had it been my car, I would have been tempted to tell them I had no idea who was driving.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 December 2016, 09:11:35 »

Have you considered slowing down?

What a silly suggestion  ;D     ;D
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 December 2016, 09:38:15 »

There is no cooperation between European/Foreign govts and DVLA.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 01 December 2016, 13:37:26 »

There is no cooperation between European/Foreign govts and DVLA.

I got flashed by camera in France in July. Nothing yet  ::)
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 December 2016, 16:39:38 »

I got flashed by camera in France  ....

So did I, but that was about 5 years ago ...... nothing yet  ;)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 December 2016, 18:09:22 »

This basically explains it :

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-2949229/EU-approves-cross-border-fines-s-revealed-500k-British-drivers-dodge-French-speeding-fines.html

The UK opted out of sharing driver/owner details. Whether it ever comes in for the UK given Brexit is open to discussion. There are a number of cross border agreements in Europe - I think the Dutch & Belgians share info, and so do the Austrians and the Swiss.

What's more likely to happen at the moment is that the foreign country sells your 'debt' to 'debt collectors' who then try and chase you for the 'fine' if they can discover the driver. Anyone can write to DVLA requesting Recorded keeper details providing you can show cause for wanting to know the info - that's how the parking scammers work. Most of Europe treat (minor) speeding as a civil offense, so there can be big fines but no criminal sanction.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.