Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rosberg retires.  (Read 4338 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Rosberg retires.
« on: 02 December 2016, 13:27:45 »

Nico Rosberg has just announced his retirement from F1. Wasn't expecting that !
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

Re: Rosberg retires.
« Reply #1 on: 02 December 2016, 13:30:37 »

Got to admire the lad, now is the time he could start demanding mega bucks.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 December 2016, 13:33:40 »

He knew he got lucky, Hamilton had too many engine failures. Hamilton lost the Championship on his engine reliability, Rosberg was the backup really.

Rosberg has a family now, so understandable, sure he won't need the money.

Guessing as it's a German company they won't want two British drivers, but they should get Jenson in! Feel sorry for him retiring after being given shit car after shit car.  :'(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 December 2016, 13:35:57 »

Get Jenson in ??? !!! Surely they want someone who can give Hamilton a run for his money. So that would be either of the Red Bull Drivers, or possibly Alonso.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 December 2016, 13:38:52 »

I am quietly pleased, never was really that taken to him and as Tunnie says, he won the title more by default than his outright ability this season.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 December 2016, 13:43:43 »

I don't disagree that he was lucky to win the title, only an idiot would. He is simply not in Hamiltons league, but then who is ?
However, I also think he has been a bit under rated, as he is a seriously quick driver. Particularily if he has a clear track in front of him, which, seems to be a German trait for some reason. He did after all make his former team mate look a bit ordinary, and people who claim to be F1 fans, but actually know nothing about it, think he was the greatest driver of all time.
Vettels lawyers are probably examining his Ferrari contract with a fine tooth comb, as we speak.  ::)
« Last Edit: 02 December 2016, 13:45:40 by Migv6 »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 December 2016, 13:46:15 »

Get Jenson in ??? !!! Surely they want someone who can give Hamilton a run for his money. So that would be either of the Red Bull Drivers, or possibly Alonso.  :)

Err no they won't! They would want a solid person who can ensure they win the Constructors Trophy. They don't want two super top drivers, a backup one who puts in solid performances is what is needed.

I think Alonso could be a good bet, more mature now. Wonder if they would favour Vettel, but his rants at Ferrari have not put him in a good light.

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 02 December 2016, 13:56:58 »

Max please  :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 December 2016, 14:55:03 »

That would be interesting, but maybe Mercedes would consider him not quite ready yet, and Red Bull would fight tooth and nail to keep him.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 December 2016, 14:58:41 »

I think Alonso would be chomping at the bit for a seat there, be interesting to see how those two get on few years later.

Still think Jenson could get in, not driving next year. So ready to go, good solid driver, team player and would not cause issues with Hamilton as been team mates before.

Somehow think easier driver management would be on Merc's wish list.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 December 2016, 15:04:30 »

Err no they won't! They would want a solid person who can ensure they win the Constructors Trophy. They don't want two super top drivers, a backup one who puts in solid performances is what is needed.

I think Alonso could be a good bet, more mature now. Wonder if they would favour Vettel, but his rants at Ferrari have not put him in a good light.

In which case, why did they have Rosberg and Hamilton racing each other for pole / race wins/ world championships for the last three years ? When Rosbergs contract expired they could have replaced him with the type of driver you describe.  ;)
I would imagine they will want another German, so Vettel could actually be a possibility. Difficult to imagine any team being big enough for the ego,s of both Hamilton and Vettel though. They could of course bring in a young up and coming German ?
That would certainly suit Hamilton, assuming Merc have a competitive car next season.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 December 2016, 15:05:41 »

I would bet all the money I have, that Button wont get the drive.  :)

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 02 December 2016, 15:15:18 »

That would be interesting, but maybe Mercedes would consider him not quite ready yet, and Red Bull would fight tooth and nail to keep him.
.....and Hamilton would shit himself fight tooth and nail to resist that suggestion.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 December 2016, 15:25:00 »

Not sure I agree.He has a lot of faith in his own abilities and loves to be challenged. That might be a challenge too far though ?
If anyone can challenge Hamilton in the near future, then its going to be Verstappen - assuming he doesn't have a huge accident, which IMO, is a distinct possibility, unfortunately.
It seems Rosbergs reasoning was partly due to the fact that winning the Championship took so much out of him, that he didn't fancy doing it all again a year later. No doubt with the knowledge that he wasn't likely to be that lucky two years in a row.
That, I suppose is the difference between him and Hamilton. It drained Rosberg, but Hamilton really thrives on it as it comes so naturally to him. It seems he was born to drive racing cars at the limit, and its no big effort for him to do it.
From memory the only other driver to do what Rosberg has done was Alan Jones. He won his and Williams first Championship and then turned down a  huge amount sum of money to carry on. He had promised himself and his wife, if hew became world champion he would stop.
He changed his mind a couple of years later and came back, but it was a big mistake. Things had moved on while he was away.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 December 2016, 16:21:46 »

He knew he got lucky, Hamilton had too many engine failures. Hamilton lost the Championship on his engine reliability, Rosberg was the backup really.

Rosberg has a family now, so understandable, sure he won't need the money.

Guessing as it's a German company they won't want two British drivers, but they should get Jenson in! Feel sorry for him retiring after being given shit car after shit car.  :'(

My great Aunt Mabel would be cheaper and faster. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.