Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 1092 times)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Insurance
« on: 13 January 2015, 11:17:50 »

Just changed my policy over to Saga. This was due to AXA loading my quote from £187 to £358 due to my car now
being a Cat C. I asked Swinton (my broker) why this much and was told that Cat C,s are classed as expensive to
insure and best they could do was a quote of £299 from another insurer. Have now paid £170 with less voluntary excess
as well. So, as said before, always shop around, especially when your circumstances change when it,s not your fault
either.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2015, 11:32:25 »

Yup. That annoys me. As you say, especially when not your fault. It's fine having your car repaired by the other car's insurance company - but who pays for the increased insurance cost for you the following year? And
a) has the car been repaired to the best standard? Answer - yes, of course, otherwise it wouldnt be safe to drive on the road. Which leads me to
b) if 'yes' why is it more expensive to insure, then? it's not like the front wing is now made of sprayed over polyfiller and newspaper, and will crumple in any future crash, making for any accident damage more extensive, and therefore expensive.

Any excuse to bump up the price.  ::)  I'm looking forward to my quote when time to renew this summer, I'll be posting my findings :-)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 January 2015, 11:39:37 »

Got mine repaired by my local back street bodyshop. Had to send copies of their invoice, Vic check, new MOT to the new
insurer before they gave me a quote.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 January 2015, 11:41:18 »

For Mrs E's Cat C clit Direct Line has been easily the cheapest.

firemoth

• Preston, Lancashire
    • Vauxhall omega 2.2dti est
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 January 2015, 14:39:25 »

Direct line wanted 4k off me. Currently paying about 600 (no claims and got my ncb but because I'm 26 I'm a target for a rip off). Also I enquired why an omega is a high tax band (even the lower size engines). Apparently its to do with the power sounder catching fire itself makes it a high risk car. But if removed it's a lower security rating so doesn't help premiums. Catch 22. (You do get the odd call centre agent that gives "off the record" information lol)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 January 2015, 15:22:38 »

Know you're pain, I've managed to squeeze a shade lower than that, and I'm 30. Had quotes of up to £12,000 (yes) for the V6 on classic insurance. Really no idea where they pluck that figure from.  :o
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #6 on: 13 January 2015, 16:22:27 »

I've been toying with the idea of another Range Rover, went on the price comparison sites & played about with quotes. I was surprised to find that it was cheaper by about £70 if I left the car outside as opposed to putting it in a locked garage????  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Hows that happen??? I always thought you get a reduction for housing it securely????

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 January 2015, 16:35:53 »

Crazy prices.

£130 fully comp for the Omega with Mrs Opti as a named driver.

£100 for Mrs Opti's Corsa with myself as a named driver.

Still too expensive but compared to some at OOF.......well... :-\ :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 January 2015, 16:36:31 »

I paid less than £200 fully comp to insure the CLS500. Have you people all been to prison and have half a dozen DD convictions? ;D
« Last Edit: 13 January 2015, 16:40:12 by Doctor Opti »

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • vauxhall omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 January 2015, 17:06:07 »

I paid less than £200 fully comp to insure the CLS500. Have you people all been to prison and have half a dozen DD convictions? ;D
Hi Opti,that's nothing i pay £700 pa with saga.But in fairness i have the top cover,everything they offer.Luckily i can afford it,last year it was £635.For the same cover so i am happy.Dean.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.