Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Cruise control on my Vectra does not work  (Read 14388 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Cruise control on my Vectra does not work
« Reply #15 on: 06 July 2019, 16:58:03 »

I'm a big fan and always use it on the motorway.   :y

It's especially useful through roadworks where there are average speed cameras.  :)

I had an old Merc that had a speed limiter and I wish that more cars had them, as that was also useful through roadworks or in areas where camera vans hang out.  :y

Conversely I'm not keen using the limiter on my Merc  ..... don't like the feeling of nothing as you get to the set max speed  :-\

I've yet to drive a car with adaptive cruise ....

We have done 11,600 miles so far this year including two trips to Scotland. Cruise is a godsend. You would get a wallet depleting amount of speeding tickets in France.( we only managed one in an 80 that I thought was a 90)

Adaptive cruise is very good but does see vehicles in other lanes on bendy motorways ( same degree on left hand or right hand drive roads). You can always tell when someone is using adapative cruise. They have caught someone up in lane two waiting for a car to go by in lane three. They then pull out neatly into lane three and wait till the adapative bit no longer sees the car in front of them before the acceleration kicks in. No leg cramps. Lane assist makes me smile as it expects you to make periodic corrections. If you don't it gives you a reminder. It is quite a good party trick to do an input just before a bend and then let it steer you handsfree through it. Obviously not me but people on Utube.   
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 July 2019, 19:39:25 »

Hate cruise. Never use it.

I use cruise and the limiter as required all the time on the Mondeo. I find them both extremely useful, especially with the clever way they are programmed. :y

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 July 2019, 20:39:35 »

Clutch and brake pedal switches working correctly?

Did you read the instructions?

Will need plugging in to establish that it is activated and working...
Clutch and brake pedal switches working - don't know.
I did not readthe instructions before Friday, saw no reason to, I have cruise on my Omega CDX cars and it worked without instuction. I have subsequently read the instructions in the driver's manual. As said before the symbol below fuel gauge does not illuninate on ignition switch on. Further nothing happened when I pressed the cruise on button while humming along the M4 = worrying.
I can see neither clutch or brake switch so far, I suppose I shall have to remove the panel beneath the steering column.

I plugged in my diagnoser and 3 fault codes came up. P00597-61 and P0014-were unknown DTC.
The third was P0704-05 clutch switch input circuit malfunction.
Please advise.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 July 2019, 20:54:58 »

Start with the clutch switch :y

From memory, the lower dash panel has three torx screws under the front edge. Might be a hidden one in the light switch hole, but it's been a while since I have had one of those apart... Haynes is your friend for trim removal :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 July 2019, 22:45:01 »

From memory, the lower dash panel has three torx screws under the front edge. Might be a hidden one in the light switch hole, but it's been a while since I have had one of those apart... Haynes is your friend for trim removal :y
Thanks. I cannot find any mention of the cruise control or the clutch switch in Haynes. I think I have found the facia footwell trim panel removal instructions in 11.29, 7-10. I shall find out in the morning.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06 July 2019, 23:00:28 »

On the Veccy C's its normally the Stalk switch that starts to become intermittant, normly a quick wringle or hard button pushes can give a temp but limted fix.

Another on these Cars is once the Cruise detects an issues, (Main ECU) it wont work again untill you do an Ing. Restart, assumi,g the stalked wringle did its job.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 July 2019, 10:44:11 »

Back on topic, check the fuses related to brakes in the passenger side A pillar fuse box. Seeems to be a common fault, judging by the number I've had to look at.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 July 2019, 14:14:38 »

Thanks. I cannot find any mention of the cruise control or the clutch switch in Haynes. I think I have found the facia footwell trim panel removal instructions in 11.29, 7-10. I shall find out in the morning.
What I meant., and thought I had typed was:

1. You have a clutch switch code. Ergo this should be the initial focus of your investigation.

2. From memory how the dash panel comes off, it's a large single piece (same for glovebox). Sounds like you have found the trim removal instructions in Haynes  :y

New Haynes separate body trim from body electrical. Column switch removal will be clearly identified in the electrical section. At least it really should be... (try steering/suspension if it isn't)  ;)

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07 July 2019, 16:12:25 »

On the Veccy C's its normally the Stalk switch that starts to become intermittant, normly a quick wringle or hard button pushes can give a temp but limted fix.

Another on these Cars is once the Cruise detects an issues, (Main ECU) it wont work again untill you do an Ing. Restart, assumi,g the stalked wringle did its job.
Thanks for suggestion. I have rocked the stalk switch vigorously, switched on ignition, no change. Worth a try though.

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 July 2019, 16:15:23 »

Back on topic, check the fuses related to brakes in the passenger side A pillar fuse box. Seeems to be a common fault, judging by the number I've had to look at.
Thanks for the tip TB. I removed the fuses cover, found no spare fuses or fuse removal tool in the cover, interesting. Renoved every fuse in turn with pliers, none blown. Worth checking though. I wonder where on e-bay I can get a box of Vectra miniature fuses with a fuse rmoval tool.

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07 July 2019, 18:34:39 »

What I meant., and thought I had typed was:

1. You have a clutch switch code. Ergo this should be the initial focus of your investigation.

2. From memory how the dash panel comes off, it's a large single piece (same for glovebox). Sounds like you have found the trim removal instructions in Haynes  :y

New Haynes separate body trim from body electrical. Column switch removal will be clearly identified in the electrical section. At least it really should be... (try steering/suspension if it isn't)  ;)
Thanks. Driver's side lower trim panel removal is Haynes 11.29, 19 -20. Done that, now I can see the clutch switch.

Not very accessible, hopefully it will unclip from its bracket. I suppose it doesn't matter if I break it. Next thing to do is obtain a replacement. Vx or e-bay?

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07 July 2019, 18:36:44 »

Was cruise standard on the SRI? If not, perhaps the first purchaser didn,t opt for it. :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07 July 2019, 18:44:36 »

Red collar should pull down. You should then be able to press in the grey tabs and release the switch straight up :y

Switch should be cheap enough from VX...

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07 July 2019, 19:28:20 »

Was cruise standard on the SRI? If not, perhaps the first purchaser didn,t opt for it. :-\
I bought the brochures and checked. In the astra range only the Elite model had cruise. In the Vectra range all models have cruise, even the bottom of the range Life. This SRi I purchased was advertised as having cruise control, and it has the cruise switches on the left hand stalk.

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07 July 2019, 19:38:38 »

Red collar should pull down. You should then be able to press in the grey tabs and release the switch straight up :y

Switch should be cheap enough from VX...
In the photograph the clutch pedal is depressed. With pedal at rest the switch plunger touches the pedal.
I imagine all will become clear when I get the new switch.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.