Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: VeccyC LPG problem  (Read 2700 times)

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
Re: VeccyC LPG problem
« Reply #15 on: 14 September 2006, 20:49:07 »

Been having a think about your prob TD, and just remembered!!!! it wont run on gas until the ecu gets the signal that the coolant is hot enough to vaporise the lpg, now im wondering if you have a thermostat failed open and allowing the engine to run to cool? that would account for it keep switching off gas assuming that the evaporater is ok and as it appears to run ok when it is on gas then its a fair bet that its allright!!
Omegatoy

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #16 on: 14 September 2006, 21:01:50 »

Been having a think about your prob TD, and just remembered!!!! it wont run on gas until the ecu gets the signal that the coolant is hot enough to vaporise the lpg, now im wondering if you have a thermostat failed open and allowing the engine to run to cool? that would account for it keep switching off gas assuming that the evaporater is ok and as it appears to run ok when it is on gas then its a fair bet that its allright!!
Omegatoy

When i got the Veccy the thermostat was shot.....took ages to get norm temp....so ive changed it and now works ok....it seems to run on gas better when its cold tbh....normal temp and it keeps switching to petrol.....dunno what that means  :-/

Martin_1962

« Reply #17 on: 14 September 2006, 21:17:39 »

WEll they can run on temperatures in the 20s so I'd discount that, the only thing I can suggest now would be running with a laptop hooked up

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 September 2006, 23:15:35 »

Omegatoy

When i got the Veccy the thermostat was shot.....took ages to get norm temp....so ive changed it and now works ok....it seems to run on gas better when its cold tbh....normal temp and it keeps switching to petrol.....dunno what that means  :-/

aha tha plot thickens!!!! wondering now if the coolant temp sensor is sending the wrong signal!!!! hence it keeps going back to petrol!!

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #19 on: 16 September 2006, 07:27:55 »

Omegatoy

aha tha plot thickens!!!! wondering now if the coolant temp sensor is sending the wrong signal!!!! hence it keeps going back to petrol!!

Im beginning to think it is the vapouriser....and possibly heat related.....as it does get extremely hot.
If it was the coolant sensor.....sending back im cold....id expect the ecu to put the engine back in 'choke' mode........ie fast running.
I would still like Millbrook to have a look at it first tho.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.