Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Politics: Next Prime Minister  (Read 3975 times)

royston1945

• View Profile
Re: Politics: Next Prime Minister
« Reply #15 on: 15 September 2006, 15:43:03 »

Tony Blair is a spent force in British politics,but he is the reason the labour party have won an unprecedented third term in office.Brown is a moribund Scot who thinks he is entititled to be prime minister because it's his turn and he has earned the right to an unopposed ascension to the top job.
What is Browns foreign policy? He has never spoken his mind on any even slightly controversial subject as far I can remember,preferring to sit on the fence ,hoping that Blair will shoot himself in the foot with the grass roots of the labour party and the electorate.
A lot of people who deserted the conservative party in favour of labour ten years ago did so because Tony Blair was everything that John Major wasn't. They saw a chance for change after eighteen years of conservative policys and the grass looked greener in Tony's field.Brown has made sure he's never had to make any difficult decisions,passing the only really big decision a chancellor traditionally had to make
(interest rates) to the Bank of England.Even now,with Blair standing down in the next few months,does anyone know what Brown stands for? How does he stand on our relationship with the USA?What are his thoughts on immigration or global warming? Why should  English voters want a Scot at the helm?
The Conservatives are unelectable at the moment IMHO,they need to state clearly where their  policys differ from Labour  perhaps making it clear that they agree with most sensible people that Labours' nanny state annoys the hell out of them. Microchips in dustbins,cars with smartcards that log every journey,official forms printed in 47 different languages,making it a criminal offence to change a wall socket ect.ect.
Gorden Brown will no doubt be the next PM, but will he win the next general election ? I think not.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15 September 2006, 16:32:15 »

Tunnie for prime minister is that what happens with 2000 posts

Thanks Pete!!  ;)

If i get elected, no income tax for you!  :D

Seriously though I do feel sorry for Tony, overall I think he has done a good job. Compared to what the convservates put up for election in the past have been a joke, as some could apply for OAP bus passes.

He said this was his last term, and that should have been enough. I belive he should not get pushed out like this, however it looks like he needs to name a date now to shut them up.

As for his replacement? - Well at least the conservatives have a leader who at least looks like he could be a PM, he just needs to get his policys in order, and there is a good chance he could be the next PM.

Personally I don't think Brown will last, he will just be a stop gap between Tony and his replacement. Brown has done a good job as chancellor of the exchecker, (or however you spell it) and i think he should keep to that.

I doubt the country will ever let fatboy be PM, you know who i mean.  ;)
You having a go at Maggie? She's my hero  ;D

No comment from me...

I think he means Michael Howard - who TBH was getting on a bit. If the Conservatives had wanted power they should have got in Ken Clarke instead of Ian and Duncan Smith. I think Tony Blair deserves retirement - running the country is no walk in the park - look how he has aged.

I did indeed mean Michael Howard, and the 2 previous OAP's they electected. As for the great Maggie, she's a bit before my time. But if she was running she would get my vote purely based on the Faulklands!!

Martin_1962

« Reply #17 on: 15 September 2006, 18:59:44 »

And if John Reid is the caliber of the next PM God help us and the UK.

Having had the personal misfortune to speak in a one to one situation with him several years ago as part of a uni project ( he was our local MP) the thought of him running the country.......or as it is, currently helping run the country  :o :-X

I know about Reid spouting off - but he is popularish - even if he talks rubbish

Martin_1962

« Reply #18 on: 15 September 2006, 19:04:24 »

Thanks Pete!!  ;)

Seriously though I do feel sorry for Tony, overall I think he has done a good job. Compared to what the convservates put up for election in the past have been a joke, as some could apply for OAP bus passes.

He said this was his last term, and that should have been enough. I belive he should not get pushed out like this, however it looks like he needs to name a date now to shut them up.

As for his replacement? - Well at least the conservatives have a leader who at least looks like he could be a PM, he just needs to get his policys in order, and there is a good chance he could be the next PM.

Personally I don't think Brown will last, he will just be a stop gap between Tony and his replacement. Brown has done a good job as chancellor of the exchecker, (or however you spell it) and i think he should keep to that.

No comment from me...

I think he means Michael Howard - who TBH was getting on a bit. If the Conservatives had wanted power they should have got in Ken Clarke instead of Ian and Duncan Smith. I think Tony Blair deserves retirement - running the country is no walk in the park - look how he has aged.

I did indeed mean Michael Howard, and the 2 previous OAP's they electected. As for the great Maggie, she's a bit before my time. But if she was running she would get my vote purely based on the Faulklands!!

I think Maggie was a good PM and did you know that she was prepared to use Ballistic missles on Argentina?

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15 September 2006, 19:13:13 »

Thanks Pete!!  ;)

No comment from me...

I think Maggie was a good PM and did you know that she was prepared to use Ballistic missles on Argentina?

Bet she was prepared to use missiles on the miners.
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

royston1945

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 15 September 2006, 20:15:27 »

A lot of people don't remember what it was like when the unions ran the country by proxy(via their paid for Labour MPs).Three day working weeks,power cuts and 26% inflation to name but a few of the blights the Marxist trade unions brought to add to the misery of urban decay.
Thatcher had to break the unions' stranglehold before she could implement the reforms the country sorely needed.She gave millions of people the chance to get on the housing ladder,by giving tenants the right to buy their council homes as well as making investing in stocks and shares possible for the working person.She successfully dismantled the old boys network and created a confident atmosphere amongst the business community,leading to huge overseas investment in this country.The bedrock of prosperity that Labour inherited was  thanks to her forward looking policies and her resolve at implementing them.
She had balls, and I, for one ,admire her.

Martin_1962

« Reply #21 on: 15 September 2006, 20:18:21 »

Thanks Pete!!  ;)

No comment from me...

Bet she was prepared to use missiles on the miners.

No - she was just fed up with control unions had on the country and it was a face off between Scargill and her, Scargill didn't care about his workers so he killed the coal industry. I have absolutely no problems with non political unions, but he tried taking down a democratically elected parliament

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 15 September 2006, 20:33:37 »

I would have loved to have seen Ken Clarke doing the job, a real sound sensible no bull guy (see him down the local some times)...but he openly admits that hes to old

Martin_1962

« Reply #23 on: 15 September 2006, 20:36:54 »

I would have loved to have seen Ken Clarke doing the job, a real sound sensible no bull guy (see him down the local some times)...but he openly admits that hes to old

I think he was an excellent polititian and one of the most liked by ordinary people regardless of party - and he goes to your pub! [smiley=beer.gif]

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 15 September 2006, 20:38:35 »

Boy can he drink....and a real ale man to!

Always speaks as well, very friendly and likeable bloke.....plus he doesn't like speed cameras and hence there are VERY few south of the river in nottingham

Martin_1962

« Reply #25 on: 15 September 2006, 20:40:54 »

A lot of people don't remember what it was like when the unions ran the country by proxy(via their paid for Labour MPs).Three day working weeks,power cuts and 26% inflation to name but a few of the blights the Marxist trade unions brought to add to the misery of urban decay.
Thatcher had to break the unions' stranglehold before she could implement the reforms the country sorely needed.She gave millions of people the chance to get on the housing ladder,by giving tenants the right to buy their council homes as well as making investing in stocks and shares possible for the working person.She successfully dismantled the old boys network and created a confident atmosphere amongst the business community,leading to huge overseas investment in this country.The bedrock of prosperity that Labour inherited was  thanks to her forward looking policies and her resolve at implementing them.
She had balls, and I, for one ,admire her.

I remember well. my dad remembers TSR2 cancellation well also!

Martin_1962

« Reply #26 on: 15 September 2006, 20:42:03 »

Boy can he drink....and a real ale man to!

Always speaks as well, very friendly and likeable bloke.....plus he doesn't like speed cameras and hence there are VERY few south of the river in nottingham

I would love to have seen him as PM but we will never get it now!

Martin_1962

« Reply #27 on: 15 September 2006, 20:43:55 »

I can remember power cuts, constant strikes from nationalised industries all through the 70s

royston1945

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 15 September 2006, 20:57:30 »

Beer drinking,Hush Puppy wearing, blunt men of the people like Ken Clarke are no longer fashionable in British politics, mores' the pity.
Saville row suits and spin are de riguer nowadays.

Martin_1962

« Reply #29 on: 15 September 2006, 21:27:09 »

Beer drinking,Hush Puppy wearing, blunt men of the people like Ken Clarke are no longer fashionable in British politics, mores' the pity.
Saville row suits and spin are de riguer nowadays.

Not fashionable anymore but more popular with the voter
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.