Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap Omega anyone?  (Read 1624 times)

RonaldMcBurger

Cheap Omega anyone?
« on: 16 September 2006, 21:14:48 »

£795 for a facelift 2000 w-reg.

Needs a fair bit of TLC. Engine now running well, still a bit tappety, but getting quieter.

Be quick if you want it. Special discount to forum members, You only pay Full price.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110034062532&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=001

I have too much on now and need the space. Be quick, it will sell within 24 hours I can guarantee!
« Last Edit: 16 September 2006, 21:16:04 by RonaldMcBurger »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Cheap Omega anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 16 September 2006, 21:16:38 »

I guess you think it will never be in great condition then?
Grumpy old man

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 September 2006, 21:17:13 »

discount to forum members, You only pay Full price.

You make me chuckle everytime fin.

I've sent you a PM for more details. I may/may not be interested... no promises after reading your original post about this car :P

but I'll give it a look and some thought...

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #3 on: 16 September 2006, 21:23:48 »

I will be 100% honest about this. The car owes me £550 purchase, £120 for the delivery, 1 weeks hard graft, one Dis pack, 6 plug leads and a can of oil. I have done the hard bit. All someone needs to do now is give it a good service, clean it, touch in the scratches if they bother you and MoT it. Once done this car will be worth at least £1500 of anyones money.

It arrived looking very sorry for itself. It was dead. Within 8 minutes I had iut running, but sounding like a bucket of spanners. It nows runs well and sounds almost normal. Give it a good run and I expect this to sound perfect. Needs rocker gaskets doing, breathers have been done. Water pump and cambelt checked carefully. Belt and tensioners are fine, although I woulkd replace them by default before keeping or selling as finished. Inside is pretty nice. Drivers door card needs putting on properly, carpoet needs cleaning and a good hoover.

I don't think it will cost much to sort. I just want my drive for 2 other cars. I do have a problem with parking now, and this just has to go.

There, I have been 100% honest with you. What else can you get for £795?

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #4 on: 16 September 2006, 21:26:23 »

good honest descrition Ronnie - but why sell it.......you have done the hard part...

I would take it but for the distance  :(
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 September 2006, 21:28:16 »

Extremely honest Mr McB!

Seriously, you're a good bloke - not many buggers would change a cambelt kit before flogging a car as good.

I admire what you do with these omega's.

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #6 on: 16 September 2006, 21:34:24 »

No. I didn't say I had changed the cambelt kit. I have removed the cambelt to access the oil pressure regulator. During this removeal the cambelt and tensioners were thoroughly inspected and decided were fine. I would still change them before YOU sell the car or YOU keep it. I was simply saying that it is not something I would worry about if anyone was thinking of driving it home.

Honesty pays!

I haven't done all the work guys. There is plenty that can be done. A full service, rocker gaskets, good clean and tocuh up the scratches etc. But this will make a lovely car again. I am just tired after doing 13 others in 6 months and need the space on my drive.

I have nothing to hide. If one of you guys buys it and it isn't as I have said, you can walk away with no hard feelings.
« Last Edit: 16 September 2006, 21:34:39 by RonaldMcBurger »

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #7 on: 16 September 2006, 21:37:59 »

will sel easy at that price...
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 September 2006, 21:39:47 »

No. I didn't say I had changed the cambelt kit.

I know you didn't mate!! But I bet you would have done, if it was one of your completed projects you were selling as decent and finished!

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #9 on: 16 September 2006, 21:48:59 »

Oh yes, you are right. the elite is getting its new cambelt kit and water pump tomorrow along with another replacement radiator for the aircon. All bulbs will be working and the car will be 100% serviced before it goes. I am even replacing the inlet manifold because one of the plenum bolts cannot grip.

then again, the Elite will fetch top dollar as it will eb perfect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.