Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi everibody.  (Read 3739 times)

fmarques

• View Profile
Re: Hi everibody.
« Reply #15 on: 14 November 2006, 15:41:29 »

hi and welcome ... sounds like you've done quite a few mods already to get an extra 77 BHP ... you've got deep pockets then, lol  ;D

Yes I spent quite a lot in this car, around 10.000 GBP but the power is astounding. For example when I shift to 3rd gear nothing happens but if the road is wet it spins the rear wheels at 70 MPH or 120 Km/h as we say here, when the cams come on song. Unfortunately the weakest points in this engine, in standard guise, are the crankshaft and conrods. The 3.2 crank is different because it's made of steel rather than iron.  

fmarques

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14 November 2006, 15:59:33 »

Hi mate and welcome to the forum. Were all the mods done at the same time, or at different stages? Which individual bits made the most improvement?

The mods were made in 2 stages so I don't know exactly what has made the most improvement, but definitely the exhaust - 3 into 1 exhaust manifolds, cats, and the replacement of the two silencers with just one 63mm inner diameter pipe with a straight through middle section and no silencer, dramatically reduced backpressure and the sound of a V6 in full song is a different experience and the BMC induction kit made an increasement of at least 20HP.  

mike9570

• warrington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14 November 2006, 20:36:17 »

Hi m8 and welcome :P
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.