Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: One For Ron - Road Use Charging  (Read 8791 times)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: One For Ron - Road Use Charging
« Reply #30 on: 24 January 2018, 16:33:56 »

I must get arouind to building my 1952 Sunbeam S8 - no road tax or MOT required! I suppose I will need to have a little insurance?

Ron.
Wifey’s captur is zero tax.

My shag is only 20 quid

I knew a girl like that once :-X ,Oh you mean the Jaggggg :D ::)

Once? For £20? You expect us to believe that? ::)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 24 January 2018, 16:37:11 »

Petrol and diesel are not the only fuels ::)

Electricity is self taxing... if you charge your electric car every day, you're clearly going to use more than Nana living alone...

Likewise gas ;)

There was an almighty fuss when the chancellor put 5% VAT tax on domestic fuel bills. How is he going to put a 70% tax on electricity used to charge cars without causing pensioners to riot in the street? Or has someone invented Red Leccie (like Red Diesel) whilst I wasn't watching?

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 24 January 2018, 16:50:19 »

Electricity is self taxing... if you charge your electric car every day, you're clearly going to use more than Nana living alone...

Likewise gas ;)

There was an almighty fuss when the chancellor put 5% VAT tax on domestic fuel bills. How is he going to put a 70% tax on electricity used to charge cars without causing pensioners to riot in the street? Or has someone invented Red Leccie (like Red Diesel) whilst I wasn't watching?

Separate meter for car charging points?  or maybe future smart meters will be able to tell when a car is being charged by the amount of current drawn or if it's going through the car charging point.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 24 January 2018, 17:11:22 »

Likewise gas ;)

Separate meter for car charging points?  or maybe future smart meters will be able to tell when a car is being charged by the amount of current drawn or if it's going through the car charging point.  :-\

So now you're going to mandate that all houses have to be rewired before you can use/charge a car? And every house with road access needs rewiring by 2040 (the government target for Electric only cars)? And presumably you'll make it illegal to charge a car from a standard household 13 amp socket - such as those found in many household garages?

Sorry Tig, that's got as much chance of working as prohibition in the 'states did. Smart meters aren't compulsory, and even if they were it'll be impossible to distinguish the load between a car charging overnight and something like economy7 heating.

STEMO

« Reply #34 on: 24 January 2018, 17:23:07 »

Likewise gas ;)

So now you're going to mandate that all houses have to be rewired before you can use/charge a car? And every house with road access needs rewiring by 2040 (the government target for Electric only cars)? And presumably you'll make it illegal to charge a car from a standard household 13 amp socket - such as those found in many household garages?

Sorry Tig, that's got as much chance of working as prohibition in the 'states did. Smart meters aren't compulsory, and even if they were it'll be impossible to distinguish the load between a car charging overnight and something like economy7 heating.
Quite. And, of course, dedicated street chargers for houses with no off street parking, all with different shaped connectors so your neighbours can’t steal your electricity.  ;D

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 24 January 2018, 17:28:22 »

The well known view, still stands: scrap the VED, add duty to the fuel so it is relative to how much driving you do  :y
i would go for that  :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 24 January 2018, 17:29:16 »

Smart meters will become compulsory and we'll all have to have them at some point.  ::)

But when I said a smart meter being able to tell whether a car was being charged I meant a future generation of smart meter, and yes I believe it would be very do-able!  :y

Anyway who said anything about rewiring houses?  :-\  I certainly didn't!  ::)  But it wouldn't be much work to have a spur from the main to a dedicated car charging point with it's own meter.  ;)

They will have to work out some way of generating revenue from electric cars....  ::)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #37 on: 24 January 2018, 17:31:45 »

All this talk of electric cars , I know it's the future but what a shame my grandkids will probably never get the thrill of driving a thundering V8, glad I realised my ambition of owning one ( now two)  I realise that the Tesla is fast but just doesn't hit the spot for me.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 24 January 2018, 17:36:48 »

All this talk of electric cars , I know it's the future but what a shame my grandkids will probably never get the thrill of driving a thundering V8, glad I realised my ambition of owning one ( now two)  I realise that the Tesla is fast but just doesn't hit the spot for me.

If they are lucky they might get the thrill of driving a car... any car, as with the advent of driverless vehicles I doubt your great-grandkids will get that pleasure.  :(

STEMO

« Reply #39 on: 24 January 2018, 17:41:26 »

The way the world is going, your grandkids will be missing out on more than that. “Nice tits, love” will get you 12 months in jail and not recycling your waste will be the death penalty.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 24 January 2018, 18:04:02 »

I am sure there will be track days for V8 cars. Same as people can go and ride a penny farthing  andso on. Times move on but nostalga will always have a place
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #41 on: 24 January 2018, 18:06:40 »

The way the world is going, your grandkids will be missing out on more than that. “Nice tits, love” will get you 12 months in jail and not recycling your waste will be the death penalty.

Stemo please don't get me started on inappropriate comments , after years in the services if it wasn't for banter I think I would top myself 😀

STEMO

« Reply #42 on: 24 January 2018, 18:09:24 »

I am sure there will be track days for V8 cars. Same as people can go and ride a penny farthing  andso on. Times move on but nostalga will always have a place
You could drive 340 cars from London to Edinburgh for the same amount of CO2 as one plane journey. Just saying.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 24 January 2018, 20:13:24 »

Don't worry President TB's Transport Minister Ron will fix it. ::) ::) ::)

Everybody will be chipped like a pet and it will be compulsory to take your mobile with you whenever you leave your house and garden. Forget your phone and the equivalent of each APNR point will automatically ticket you for a £100 fine. Once you've left your designated property you will be charged for land, pavement and road usage between 10p and £10 a mile depending on how greedy the government is feeling that week busy the fields, roads and pavements are. :o :o :o

Anybody that has any reasonable cause to know where you have been on any day will be able to pay the DVLA £10 for 24 hours of data on your travels. :o :o :o To maximise the DVLA's income, trade prices will be available to registered PIs, un-trusting friends or family, nosy-parkers, thieves and stalkers. :o :o :o This should have George Orwell spinning in his grave. :D :D :D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 24 January 2018, 21:10:57 »

Thanks, Rods2, I'll start working on my agenda in the morning. Expect radical changes.
Do we really need speed limits?.....

Ron.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.