Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Insurance time again  (Read 6189 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Insurance time again
« Reply #15 on: 09 March 2018, 12:52:12 »

Just been on the meerkat site and tried my car only. The quote I got from aviva was around £480. I disregarded the first couple of around £360 because they sounded like Mickey Mouse outfits, with the extras I wanted costing more. The average quotes from the usual suspects were all around the same as aviva. One company, called achoice, wanted £1011  ;D
I'm gonna bite the bullet, I think. Cest la vie.

You could save £1011 by using Scouserinsure.com.

I believe many scousers use this and are very satisfied. :)

To keep costs down you can print your own policy.
« Last Edit: 09 March 2018, 12:54:04 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 09 March 2018, 12:55:09 »

I guess they'd go through your MOTs if they thought they could use it as a way to wangle their way out of paying up following a claim.
Asked that question when i renewed in January. Guy at brokers said that they didn,t. :o Also if it,s under three years old they cant, Can they? :)
Guy is a very common name these days.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 March 2018, 13:00:39 »

I guess they'd go through your MOTs if they thought they could use it as a way to wangle their way out of paying up following a claim.
Asked that question when i renewed in January. Guy at brokers said that they didn,t. :o Also if it,s under three years old they cant, Can they? :)
Guy is a very common name these days.
Young whipper snapper then. :P

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 March 2018, 13:37:18 »

Just been on the meerkat site and tried my car only. The quote I got from aviva was around £480. I disregarded the first couple of around £360 because they sounded like Mickey Mouse outfits, with the extras I wanted costing more. The average quotes from the usual suspects were all around the same as aviva. One company, called achoice, wanted £1011  ;D

It is fortunate that your good lady has a job that means you are all 'dripping with wealth'. I hear rumours that even your whippet wears a solid gold collar.

Spare a thought for those  impoverished souls living in rural poverty in Lincolnshire. :'(
« Last Edit: 09 March 2018, 13:40:20 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 09 March 2018, 13:50:40 »

It is fortunate that your good lady has a job that means you are all 'dripping with wealth'. I hear rumours that even your whippet wears a solid gold collar.

Spare a thought for those  impoverished souls living in rural poverty in Lincolnshire. :'(
.....who buy jaguar motor cars to use as 'toys'. You poor sod.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 March 2018, 14:30:28 »

.....who buy jaguar motor cars to use as 'toys'. You poor sod.

Yes....but Barnsley is the London of the north with it's bright lights and sexy women. I live in the tundra so I need the Jag to stop me from hanging myself. :)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 March 2018, 19:43:33 »

It's only in the last few years that I've bothered with comparison sites.Now I use them every time the renewal dates roll round.This year the V70 is with Saga and the Elite is with Tesco bank.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 March 2018, 21:18:44 »

Got it down to a paltry £850 with aviva.  :(

Got to Aviva  via quidco or Topcashback and you will save another £50.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10 March 2018, 08:21:07 »

For me, multicar works out cheapest. But it does seem to vary depending on circumstances.

For my 3, I paid £700 and something. That's 20,000 miles pa for the 2 saloons, 10k for the bus, business use for me on all 3, business use for her on the 2 saloons.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #24 on: 10 March 2018, 09:37:18 »

For me, multicar works out cheapest. But it does seem to vary depending on circumstances.

For my 3, I paid £700 and something. That's 20,000 miles pa for the 2 saloons, 10k for the bus, business use for me on all 3, business use for her on the 2 saloons.
Yeah. I reckon it's the postcode and the street parking that's bumping it up. I'm not going to stress too much, people have worse things to worry about.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10 March 2018, 10:32:48 »

Don't forget to get your cashback! :y
Oops sorry Albs :-[

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10 March 2018, 11:06:16 »

Yes....but Barnsley is the London of the north with it's bright lights and sexy women. I live in the tundra so I need the Jag to stop me from hanging myself. :)

The permafrost must be deep in your patch of the tundra M'lud as you always seem to park your cars on the lawn.  ::)

Mine would sink up to the axles if I tried that!  :P
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10 March 2018, 12:06:36 »

The permafrost must be deep in your patch of the tundra M'lud as you always seem to park your cars on the lawn.  ::)

I actually got my Jag 'beached' on the lawn and no amount of pushing, pulling, or tugging would free it.

I called Jaguar assist. To save embarrassment  I told him Mrs Opti had done it and I would never let her near the car again.

I'm very gentlemanly like that. I gave the fella a 1 litre bottle of Bells for his trouble. He seemed happy with that.  :) 

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10 March 2018, 12:30:15 »

I actually got my Jag 'beached' on the lawn and no amount of pushing, pulling, or tugging would free it.

I called Jaguar assist. To save embarrassment  I told him Mrs Opti had done it and I would never let her near the car again.

I'm very gentlemanly like that. I gave the fella a 1 litre bottle of Bells for his trouble. He seemed happy with that.  :)

I can imagine the phone call....

" Hello, Jaguar Assist?  Oh good, eerrrrm right it's like this........"
  :-[     ;D ;D ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

2boxerdogs

« Reply #29 on: 12 March 2018, 16:17:47 »

Just had the renewal for wifes Subaru from LV, last year £243 this year £217 happy with that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.