Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lowered springs  (Read 1402 times)

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
lowered springs
« on: 23 May 2018, 03:01:05 »

Hi
I have a 2.6 v6 sport version and I would like to mount some springs that do not go down much, I've seen that the mv6 go down something more than the rest, is it like that?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: lowered springs
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2018, 05:53:47 »

Sport springs give the same ride height as MV6

Both officially termed Lowered Sport Chassis  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2018, 10:42:25 »

Mv6 or sport springs tend to be around 15mm lower then standard height springs.

After market tend to be around another 15mm lower.

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2018, 22:14:59 »

Ok, I have the same to mv6   :(  Eibach -30 from standard may be good idea. Thanks guys

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2018, 19:11:03 »

Ok, I have the same to mv6   :(  Eibach -30 from standard may be good idea. Thanks guys
30mm from standard might IS too low for the rear.

30mm from standard is also too low for UK roads if you have a facelift Irmscher bumper, as the underside of TBE's bumper will show  :-[
Grumpy old man

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2018, 09:12:47 »

30mm from standard is also too low for UK roads if you have a facelift Irmscher bumper, as the underside of TBE's bumper will show  :-[

I do not think, it would be 15 mm more than I have now, it is totally feasible, the rear is taller than the front and I have oem rear bumper too. 

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2018, 09:54:26 »

I do not think, it would be 15 mm more than I have now, it is totally feasible, the rear is taller than the front and I have oem rear bumper too.
Its been a while since I was last in Spain - 2011 I think - but at the time I remember thinking the roads were as bad as in the UK.  However, since then, UK roads have become even worse, as successive councils have rather spent their money on the lazy, the lame and mental and plush new offices, than roads.

In the last 5 years, I have removed the lowered rear end on my facelift, as the diff and exhaust just could take any more abuse from scraping the tarmac (and to get rid of that Omega problem of high speed understeer), and was generally happy (-30mm front (Irmscher), 0mm rear (Stock)).

Also in that time, I've also been aware that the (Irmscher) front bumper was always catching on taller speedbumps (the Omega has a lot of overhang at the front), and after bumps.  Additionally, I was having trouble with certain tyres catching on the wheelarch when set to the WIM camber settings (which might explain why Irmscher say you have to set to 1'40).  I have been living with this, until I noticed the underside of the Irmscher bumper a few months ago - its nearly worn through.

So I'm currently back on stock suspension all round, and all those issues have gone away, but obviously back to the age old Omega high speed understeer handling.

My old MFL MV6 was -30mm front (Irmscher) and 0mm rear (Stock), and by sticking with known good tyres to stop wheelarch contact most of the time, I think that is the ideal setup.  Obviously, the silly FL Irmscher front bumper wasn't invented then, so no problems there ;D. Same would apply to facelifts, with stock bumper :y.  But -30mm at the back is too low - save yourself the grief, and stick to -15mm :y
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.