Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.5TD Clutch Bolt On Question  (Read 767 times)

Clive of India

• Omega 2.5TD
    • View Profile
2.5TD Clutch Bolt On Question
« on: 09 March 2015, 19:26:44 »

Hi Guys

The last time I held a flywheel in my hand dual mass ones hadn't been invented, come to that, not even thought of, heavens how on earth did we manage without them  ;D

Ok I haven't stripped my clutch down yet and car's done 89500 miles, if you read my other thread you will see I'm having a little trouble with getting it to go into gear, having said that I can't feel any roughness or judder from the flywheel when it is going.

Question do the flywheels normally need changing along with the clutch on the Omega's and if so has anyone out there found a good site where you don't have to amputate your arm to pay for it.

Cheers

Clive

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: 2.5TD Clutch Bolt On Question
« Reply #1 on: 09 March 2015, 19:29:10 »

Hi Guys

The last time I held a flywheel in my hand dual mass ones hadn't been invented, come to that, not even thought of, heavens how on earth did we manage without them  ;D

Ok I haven't stripped my clutch down yet and car's done 89500 miles, if you read my other thread you will see I'm having a little trouble with getting it to go into gear, having said that I can't feel any roughness or judder from the flywheel when it is going.

Question do the flywheels normally need changing along with the clutch on the Omega's and if so has anyone out there found a good site where you don't have to amputate your arm to pay for it.

Cheers

Clive
At 90K your flywheel should be fine.  ;)

Clive of India

• Omega 2.5TD
    • View Profile
Re: 2.5TD Clutch Bolt On Question
« Reply #2 on: 09 March 2015, 19:51:51 »

Hi Zirk

Thanks for the reply, what sort of mileage can one expect out of them, I understand it depends on how a car is driven or if it spends most of it's life towing, so just after a rough ball park figure, not etched in stone  :). What sort of mileage have any of you had out of theirs?

Sometimes with some makes of cars it becomes a known fact they can have certain issues so the word goes around, guess I'm just wondering if I will be safe in the knowledge I can get away with existing one, having said that if anyone reading this knows where they are a reasonable price don't hesitate say, not second hand ones though.

Cheers

Clive
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.