Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2980235 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #19275 on: 21 October 2019, 19:14:18 »

Oooooo matron  ;D

.. and  with no Marina, we know what the remedy will be. :-X
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19276 on: 21 October 2019, 19:24:21 »

Oooooo matron  ;D

Tiger balm...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19277 on: 21 October 2019, 20:17:16 »

Or palm oil?
Laying a rubber road.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19278 on: 21 October 2019, 23:42:04 »

Oooooo matron  ;D

You're just jealous Ital-boy!  :P  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19279 on: 22 October 2019, 15:59:32 »

Picked up my wheel from the tyre shop.  It turns out it was a puncture and they relieved me of £24 to fix it!  :o 

Last time I had a puncture fixed, I paid a tenner...   Went home slightly disgruntled and fitted it back on the Mundano  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19280 on: 22 October 2019, 17:46:14 »

Picked up my wheel from the tyre shop.  It turns out it was a puncture and they relieved me of £24 to fix it:o 

Last time I had a puncture fixed, I paid a tenner...   Went home slightly disgruntled and fitted it back on the Mundano  ::)

Rip off. :)

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19281 on: 22 October 2019, 18:16:42 »

Picked up my wheel from the tyre shop.  It turns out it was a puncture and they relieved me of £24 to fix it!  :o 

Yes, does seem a bit steep.

Changed my 3 year old (15K) track rods for a pair of genuine GM rods from a dealer, after advisory on last MOT test.

Paid £30 to have them aligned and that took less time than your puncture I bet, although I didn't drive home disgruntled.
Omega 2.5 V6 Facelift Estates, a CD & a CDX both in the rare star silver colour.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19282 on: 27 October 2019, 16:46:35 »

Having finished the recent anti rust work and refitted the sill covers I rubbed down and primered the minor damage to the rear bumper, caused by me reversing into a bollard about 6 months ago. Then gave it a good wash and dry as it was filthy. Got carried away and gave Airfix 1 a wash too.
Now about to sit down to roast beef with yorkies, roast spuds etc. home made trifle, then make a dent in my 100 bottle stockpile of Hop House 13.
This is to celebrate the last day of my 50,s. From tomorrow I will identify as a 24 year old.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

aaronjb

« Reply #19283 on: 27 October 2019, 17:34:29 »

I spent yesterday and today stripping down her Mini to replace the timing chain, guides and stem seals.. I'm not finished yet, because I hit some snags. Yesterday was mostly just time - I've never stripped one down this far and spent a good couple of hours trying to liberate the main boost pipe from the rubber hoses (poor access and age & heat having welded them together). Today I had to run to Halfords to pick up a mirror on a stick (can't find mine!) to get the silly flywheel locking pin in (having knocked 10-thou off it in the lathe so that it was actually the right size..)

And now, because the chain wouldn't come out past the VANOS pulley on the exhaust, I had to take the pulley off .. the bolts are one-time-use (stretch bolts - 20Nm and 180deg) so I need a replacement from MINI. So I guess Lou will be driving the Range Rover to work tomorrow!

The chain was a half mm from coming off, casting flash in the way .. I bet 50% of cars it'll sneak past, 50% it won't..

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19284 on: 27 October 2019, 17:43:40 »

Use mine yesterday for the first time in a bit, and in true Jag style when the battery is less than perfect, the dash was like a Christmas tree.

So took it for a 30 mile spin to get some electricity in it. And all warnings now disappeared. Bloody Indians ;D

It is the original battery, so getting towards tired, plus for some reason that I cant explain, I set the alarm last time I parked it up, which probably adds a tiny bit to the drain.
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19285 on: 27 October 2019, 18:47:19 »

Washed the project and had attempt two at cleaning and freeing off the EGR on the Astra... should it fail again I 'should' have a brand new, genuine BNIB one arriving next week for £60 thanks to no one else bidding on it (RRP is £265.00 from VX), also cleaned the MAP sensor..... Bloody filthy diesels  >:(

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19286 on: 27 October 2019, 19:56:56 »

Used the Range Rover to take the caravan to storage found a new place closer to home and £82 a year cheaper 😀
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #19287 on: 27 October 2019, 21:28:39 »

Used the Range Rover to take the caravan to storage found a new place closer to home and £82 a year cheaper 😀

Do you store the caravan all winter? I'd have thought this was the perfect time of year to get away for better weather!

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19288 on: 27 October 2019, 21:45:16 »

I spent yesterday and today stripping down her Mini to replace the timing chain, guides and stem seals.. I'm not finished yet, because I hit some snags. Yesterday was mostly just time - I've never stripped one down this far and spent a good couple of hours trying to liberate the main boost pipe from the rubber hoses (poor access and age & heat having welded them together). Today I had to run to Halfords to pick up a mirror on a stick (can't find mine!) to get the silly flywheel locking pin in (having knocked 10-thou off it in the lathe so that it was actually the right size..)

And now, because the chain wouldn't come out past the VANOS pulley on the exhaust, I had to take the pulley off .. the bolts are one-time-use (stretch bolts - 20Nm and 180deg) so I need a replacement from MINI. So I guess Lou will be driving the Range Rover to work tomorrow!

The chain was a half mm from coming off, casting flash in the way .. I bet 50% of cars it'll sneak past, 50% it won't..

.                        They are pretty tricky to set up the vanos on them
Laying a rubber road.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19289 on: 27 October 2019, 22:40:00 »

Washed the project and had attempt two at cleaning and freeing off the EGR on the Astra... should it fail again I 'should' have a brand new, genuine BNIB one arriving next week for £60 thanks to no one else bidding on it (RRP is £265.00 from VX), also cleaned the MAP sensor..... Bloody filthy diesels  >:(

If it's the 150 1.9 I have a clean spare you can have, plus probably some gaskets

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.