Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fault on central locking.  (Read 1202 times)

2boxerdogs

Fault on central locking.
« on: 16 February 2011, 18:14:56 »

Hi all, had my 2.6 for nearly 3 months  had a small problem with the passenger front door ever since i bought it ,which was intermittent sometimes it worked on the remote other times i had to pull the button up to open it.Twice in the last week could not open the door at all left it for a few hours & then it would open again!Happened again this morning took it back to the main dealer where i bought it & yes as you would guess it opened but they are taking it in tomorrow , just hope they can sort it, is this a common fault? Just love the car otherwise , the temptation with the right foot is hard to fight though.

Omega_Dan

Re: Fault on central locking.
« Reply #1 on: 16 February 2011, 18:19:35 »

It is a common problem from what i know, im sure one of the guys will tell you the exact cause. Mine does it on the pasenger side. Something to do with the lock solonoid i think?
« Last Edit: 16 February 2011, 18:21:59 by Omega_Dan »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 February 2011, 18:22:19 »

Hi all, had my 2.6 for nearly 3 months  had a small problem with the passenger front door ever since i bought it ,which was intermittent sometimes it worked on the remote other times i had to pull the button up to open it.Twice in the last week could not open the door at all left it for a few hours & then it would open again!Happened again this morning took it back to the main dealer where i bought it & yes as you would guess it opened but they are taking it in tomorrow , just hope they can sort it, is this a common fault? Just love the car otherwise , the temptation with the right foot is hard to fight though.

You've a dodgy locking motor http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1152618707
and if you wanted to delve inside it to attempt a fix then http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1152618707  :y

Carfix

• Malmesbury, Wiltshire
    • 1997 & 1998 Omega Elites
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 February 2011, 14:51:48 »

There is a good fix on the "maintenance guide"  section

If the door solenoid/motor plays up try the WD40 approach first and see if you can unstick the mechanism.

Eventually the solenoid fails and gives all sorts of strange behaviour. By opening up the solenoid you can get to the microswitches which can be replaced with spares from R S Components for around £1. They are a direct replacement and only need a bit of soldering.

Result, one fixed solenoid and a saving of £60-70 on a new one from Vauxhall or risk buying secondhand from a scrappy.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #4 on: 17 February 2011, 15:08:44 »

8-)Just got car back from dealers, confirmed motor failure after removing door card, repair is covered under warranty just waiting for part to arrive booked in for the 24th Feb, have noticed though that the door card now appears loose on edge of the door near the pop up button i wiil mention this when it goes back don"t want to upset them before the repair! Or am i expecting too much are they easy to get back flush & tight? Cost of repair at the main dealer is £139.80.
« Last Edit: 17 February 2011, 15:11:27 by 2boxerdogs »

fiend61

• Omega Knight
  • york
  • each to their own
    • 2.5cdx 3.0mv6 3.2vec c
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 February 2011, 08:34:18 »

the top of door card is held by metal clips to top of doorskin, but only held to door card by a glued on plastic strip, what has happened is the plastic strip has either come unglued or worse case broken when they took it off
have the garage sort it  :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #6 on: 20 February 2011, 18:46:14 »

8-)Thanks for that info, i will without doubt get it sorted!!

2boxerdogs

« Reply #7 on: 24 February 2011, 17:18:51 »

:yGot my car back 2 hours ago, new motor fitted and door card put back perfectly, many thanks to fiend 61 for his advice they even valeted the car for me !!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.