Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I get a TC Card?  (Read 876 times)

Sonic_Boom

• Solihull near Birmingham
  • Omega Drift Master
    • View Profile
How do I get a TC Card?
« on: 16 August 2007, 00:31:21 »

Someone mentioned autobahnstormers but I've had a look at the site and can't see how to get one can someone point me in the right direction?
Cheers Rich

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: How do I get a TC Card?
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2007, 01:18:24 »

Someone mentioned autobahnstormers but I've had a look at the site and can't see how to get one can someone point me in the right direction?
Cheers Rich

You need to join the club, about £25 per year, and then they'll send you a membership card which will entitle you to Trade Card prices - provided that you can convince your local Vx part dept. The cynic in me though says that Vauxhall will eventually close this method of getting a card if everyone & his wife is entitled to a TC account.  :(
« Last Edit: 16 August 2007, 01:20:12 by Andy_B »

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2007, 01:22:28 »

Cheers Rich

You need to join the club, about £25 per year, and then they'll send you a membership card which will entitle you to Trade Card prices - provided that you can convince your local Vx part dept. The cynic in me though says that Vauxhall will eventually close this method of getting a card if everyone & his wife is entitled to a TC account.  :(

What do you mean by convince your parts dept?

Surely, if you have the card, they are obliged to give you the TC prices?

Sonic_Boom

• Solihull near Birmingham
  • Omega Drift Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 August 2007, 01:35:49 »

You need to join the club, about £25 per year, and then they'll send you a membership card which will entitle you to Trade Card prices - provided that you can convince your local Vx part dept. The cynic in me though says that Vauxhall will eventually close this method of getting a card if everyone & his wife is entitled to a TC account.

I'll have a crack at that then
Cheers Rich

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 August 2007, 08:33:13 »

Cheers Rich

Believe it or not, I have more hassles convincing the dealer to accept my real Trade Club card than the ABS card.  The ABS card comes with a slip of paper that tells dealer who to call (within Trade Club) if they are unsure.

ABS membership is £20 per year, though you have to own a 6 cylinder (or 'have an interest in') Vauxhall.  The ABS club tends to cover older Vauxhalls, so their coverage of Omegas is a bit weak, so you still need to come here for help ;)

Other clubs do TC cards cheaper, but I recommend ABS.

ABS - £20, promptly get your card
MIG - £15, but can be slow
VxON - £15, but afaik have never sent a card out claiming they are waiting for stock (I find difficult to believe), so many are signing up for 2nd year without TC access.
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 August 2007, 09:20:57 »

What do you mean by convince your parts dept?

Surely, if you have the card, they are obliged to give you the TC prices?
Initially I had problems with my local dealer. You don't get an actual TC card with the ABS, you get an ABS card and you present that, the slip of paper that 'The Boy' talks a bout must be a more recent addition. These days I just phone 'em and say " Hi it's Andy ...... "  :y

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 August 2007, 11:19:34 »

Cheers Rich

Believe it or not, I have more hassles convincing the dealer to accept my real Trade Club card than the ABS card.  The ABS card comes with a slip of paper that tells dealer who to call (within Trade Club) if they are unsure.

ABS membership is £20 per year, though you have to own a 6 cylinder (or 'have an interest in') Vauxhall.  The ABS club tends to cover older Vauxhalls, so their coverage of Omegas is a bit weak, so you still need to come here for help ;)

Other clubs do TC cards cheaper, but I recommend ABS.

This is quite correct.  My ABS card arrived within days.  I had to be set up at the dealer and the slip of paper was supplied with my card.  I showed this to the dealer and following a phone call, there was no problem.  I have been using (any enjoying the price savings) the card ever since.
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.