Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Lockdown Time Is upon us  (Read 13887 times)

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
Lockdown Time Is upon us
« on: 18 March 2020, 23:48:21 »

Monday morning Sounds about right  :y

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
Re: Lockdown Time Is upon us
« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2020, 00:55:47 »

We've pretty much almost started. No symptoms and not diagnosed or anything, it just has considerable appeal. Staying at home and doing nothing.    ;)
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 March 2020, 07:17:40 »

Yes .

For a few it will be very traumatic not being able to do their normal routine and will not be able to gainfully fill their days.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2020, 07:40:02 »

Yes serious & difficult times for many.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

aaronjb

« Reply #4 on: 19 March 2020, 08:25:07 »

Yes serious & difficult times for many.

A lot - and I mean a lot - of people are going to lose their livelihoods, homes etc before this is all over.

Going to be hard to maintain "social distance" when they're all sleeping under the same bridge..

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 March 2020, 10:35:30 »

I was hoping for a few weeks of isolation, however my work has to stay open and I'm expected to be here. Luckily I am classed as a key worker and therefore should have childcare sorted.

Let's see if the theory matches the reality.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 March 2020, 12:11:49 »

..... Luckily I am classed as a key worker and therefore should have childcare sorted.

I'm intrigued as to how that will work  :-\

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 March 2020, 12:28:55 »

..... Luckily I am classed as a key worker and therefore should have childcare sorted.

As far as I'm aware, the government are telling schools and childcare providers to stay open for the key workers children. I suspect the reality will be that there won't be enough children where my son is and he'll be grouped together with other local schools/childcare providers. Although I'd like to think they'd keep a member of staff from his current place at the new place to at least provide a familiar face.

However, I am just going by what I am being told and a little bit of reading between the lines, so the chances are, I'm completely wrong.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 March 2020, 15:00:37 »

As far as I'm aware, the government are telling schools and childcare providers to stay open for the key workers children. I suspect the reality will be that there won't be enough children where my son is and he'll be grouped together with other local schools/childcare providers. Although I'd like to think they'd keep a member of staff from his current place at the new place to at least provide a familiar face.

However, I am just going by what I am being told and a little bit of reading between the lines, so the chances are, I'm completely wrong.

It was stated today by a head teacher that children who do still attend "school" will not be doing normal curriculum work, but would just be kept busy ;)

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 March 2020, 10:07:11 »

It was stated today by a head teacher that children who do still attend "school" will not be doing normal curriculum work, but would just be kept busy ;)
I'm not bothered about him being taught at the moment, just kept safe and entertained, whilst I go about my 'key worker' role working on jobs that have already been waiting 6 months plus  ::) Yes, an urgent job could walk through the door any second, although we normally get 1-5 a week like that, the past couple of weeks have been quiet.

As long as there is 1 person in both of the sections of my office, most urgent stuff can be dealt with and I could be at home looking after my son  :-[

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 March 2020, 10:22:10 »

I'm not bothered about him being taught at the moment, just kept safe and entertained, whilst I go about my 'key worker' role working on jobs that have already been waiting 6 months plus  ::) Yes, an urgent job could walk through the door any second, although we normally get 1-5 a week like that, the past couple of weeks have been quiet.

As long as there is 1 person in both of the sections of my office, most urgent stuff can be dealt with and I could be at home looking after my son  :-[

Sounds like you could work at home perhaps with some kit?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 March 2020, 10:37:05 »

Sounds like you could work at home perhaps with some kit?

Unfortunately not, if I take my works laptop home, I have access to email and Skype, nothing else. Everything I work is on an air-gapped network.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 March 2020, 11:42:07 »

I've been out to do some shopping for my elderly neighbours this morning and life seems to be going on much as normal.  :-\

Maybe someone should mention to Boris that Britain didn't get the memo about staying in!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 20 March 2020, 11:50:53 »

I've been out to do some shopping for my elderly neighbours this morning and life seems to be going on much as normal.  :-\

Maybe someone should mention to Boris that Britain didn't get the memo about staying in!  ;D
Yes, Asda seemed much more civilised this morning. None of the basic things, like pasta, rice, bog roll, but plenty of fresh meat, milk, etc. A few security guards and constant announcements about three items only, but people seemed a bit less stressed.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 March 2020, 12:03:53 »

Yes, Asda seemed much more civilised this morning. None of the basic things, like pasta, rice, bog roll, but plenty of fresh meat, milk, etc. A few security guards and constant announcements about three items only, but people seemed a bit less stressed.

I went to the self service checkout and had a quick chat with the lady there and I said that I bet that she's been dealing with some truly vile people over that last few days and she rolled her eyes and replied that it's been awful...just awful...  :(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.