Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Towbar & Insurance questions  (Read 3533 times)

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
Re: Towbar & Insurance questions
« Reply #30 on: 15 May 2007, 19:02:15 »

wouldnt life be easier if no claims bonus was relative to a driver's continous insurance, regardless of the car they buy

i.e buying an extra car and declaring 4 years no claims purely for the fact you have been continuously insured for 4 years and never made a claim!

I have never been able to work out why your NCD can't be carried over to a second car, after all you can only drive one car at a time anyway, just another way for the insurers to drain yet more money from our pockets >:(
Agreed >:(
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 15 May 2007, 19:08:23 »

On the point of third party cover on your trailer this only applies when the trailer is attached to the tow vehical. So its strongly reccommended to fix a chain or cable restrictor to your tow bar just in case the tow parts company and the trailer careers off on its own and writes off a Bentley( or similar)  :o
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 15 May 2007, 21:23:38 »

Markie, you'll have no trouble towing I'm sure.  Just remember extra space when turning, and remember when reversing the trailer pivots at the trailer axle....
Grumpy old man

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 15 May 2007, 21:41:31 »

I tow a 16" caravan with no trouble.  If the Omega will fit through a gap so will the van/trailer.

You have to adjust your driving style to allow for almost Leaner type driving, plenty of gap in front, but not too much or an eager chav will cut infront and force you to brake. But tbh it really is no problem.

Try Direct Line for insurance iirc they have a NCB clause that is something like "You can only drive 1 car at a time so your full ncb can be used for more than 1 vehicle" and there is no need to mention purpose of car. :)

[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 15 May 2007, 21:57:44 »

Try Direct Line for insurance iirc they have a NCB clause that is something like "You can only drive 1 car at a time so your full ncb can be used for more than 1 vehicle" and there is no need to mention purpose of car. :)

.... but be carefull of promises of 'cheap' insurance. When I wanted to insure a 2nd car I phoned Direct Line as I'm a named driver on my wife's (which is obviously insured by Direct Line  ;) ) car and so in theory should qualify for a no claims discount - as per the TV advert.  I was quoted something silly like £500 for a shed of an Astra diesel. I insured the car with AN Other company for £212

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 15 May 2007, 22:30:19 »

if we dont make a claim, shouldnt we just get our money back???

Who would subsidise all the uninsured scumbags then?

Actually, when you look at the cost of even a "relatively small" claim these days, especially if someone wants compensation for an injury, it's sometimes a wonder that premiums aren't higher.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.