Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Excel gone bozwonk!  (Read 4510 times)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Re: Excel gone bozwonk!
« Reply #30 on: 02 August 2019, 17:52:28 »

Whilst I understand that Excel is far too heavy a weapon for my limited purpose, TB, it's all we were given to use when I worked at college and it's all that I (just about) know how to use!
I am also - very clumsily - trying to use it for a daily weight record where the scales read in stones and pounds, which I had Excel convert to total pounds then kg. I have to put the relevant formulae into every cell.....is there a better way?

Ron.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02 August 2019, 20:52:13 »

Calculate the data manually and add it to a Word based table :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02 August 2019, 23:29:52 »

Whilst I understand that Excel is far too heavy a weapon for my limited purpose, TB, it's all we were given to use when I worked at college and it's all that I (just about) know how to use!
I am also - very clumsily - trying to use it for a daily weight record where the scales read in stones and pounds, which I had Excel convert to total pounds then kg. I have to put the relevant formulae into every cell.....is there a better way?

Ron.

Move into the twentieth century and buy some scales that read in KG. No conversions required. Or any of the potential cockups that can happen.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02 August 2019, 23:52:56 »

Nick, my posh Salter scales are switchable to kg but I am more comfortable with stones and pounds. My GP speaks metric, however, so I need the conversion.,
D.G., I want to enter the data daily and have the sums done automatically for me - not too much to ask, is it?

Ron.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02 August 2019, 23:58:32 »

Nick, my posh Salter scales are switchable to kg but I am more comfortable with stones and pounds. My GP speaks metric, however, so I need the conversion.

Ron you don't need the data, your GP does. So push the button, and give him the numbers in a format he's expecting so he doesn't accidentally prescribe you 20kg of Diary Milk and a cucumber every day.

Cucumbers:  :o :o

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07 August 2019, 21:41:51 »

Assume you have got the column headings along the lines of: Date, Stone, Lbs, Kg in row one, put the lbs to kg conversion value of 0.453592 in cell D2 then set your dates up 1 to 31 in A3-A33 put into cell D3: =((B3 * 14) + C3) * D$2. The $ fixes that that cell to row 2. Copy cell D3. highlight cells D4 to D33 and paste the formula into these.

Save it as your "Rons_monthly_weight_chart_master.xls" spreadsheet so you can load it into excel, and save a copy by replacing master with the current month's date each month. Using a file name along the lines of "Rons_monthly_weight_chart_YYYY-mm.xls" it will then automatically sort in the directory by month. I always use the format "YYYY-mm-dd_HH:mm:ss" or part of it depending on the resolution I need with a common filenames like 'Backup_' as they automatically date & time sort. HH is a 24 hour clock.

Sorry to hear about you prognosis & hope you prove them wrong by living for another 20+ years. :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07 August 2019, 23:33:51 »

Firstly Rods2, thank you for your good wishes - I aim to go on for as long as possible!
I am doing much as you suggest, but with the addition of a "Total Pounds" column as partway conversion to kg. I use the formula thing to multiply the "Stones" figure by 14, then add that figure to the "Pounds" figure. The result gts converted to kg, but I have to do this for every cell in my primitive way....which is why I asked if there were a posher way to do it!

Ron.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.