Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Say Chesse  (Read 2269 times)

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Say Chesse
« Reply #1 on: 09 February 2017, 13:01:50 »

Oops!

Quite apart from jamming the controls - both pilots unstrapped from their seats at the same time? ???
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 February 2017, 14:25:13 »

Oops!

Quite apart from jamming the controls - both pilots unstrapped from their seats at the same time? ???

Co-pilot was away from the flight deck at the time, came back just as the mishap occurred and was pinned to the ceiling !!!

The Court Martial is NOT for the act of using the camera and getting it jammed behind the control stick, but for the fact that he covered up/lied/made false accusations regarding the matter ... if he had come clean the matter would be closed with maybe a bollocking/loss of seniority .. but due to the total lack of integrity shown he is, quite rightly IMHO, being "done", and I hope he gets a dishonourable discharge with full loss of pension.

He does not deserve to hold any rank, let alone a Queens Commission.

Disgusted of RWB ...

If remotely interested there is a LOOOOONG thread on PPRuNe ...

http://www.pprune.org/military-aviation/533921-voyager-plummets-merged.html

Official Report here :

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/service-inquiry-incident-involving-voyager-zz333-on-9-february-2014
« Last Edit: 09 February 2017, 14:28:10 by Entwood »

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 February 2017, 14:32:56 »

Is this the one from a year or two ago that some people thought was a un commanded dive / software fault ??

If so, I hope they pull his 'dangle berries' off for it  >:( >:(

Edit to say I haven't read the article  ;)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 February 2017, 14:38:57 »

Is this the one from a year or two ago that some people thought was a un commanded dive / software fault ??

Yup .. fleet grounded, thousands of man hours of checks (for no good reason), and that does not even start to consider the injuries, both physical and mental, to the passengers.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 February 2017, 14:45:33 »

Yup .. fleet grounded, thousands of man hours of checks (for no good reason), and that does not even start to consider the injuries, both physical and mental, to the passengers.

I wonder how he even began to imagine that he'd get away with that!
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 February 2017, 14:49:07 »

Yup, just checked the article
Didn't realise it was 3 years ago  ::)

16000 feet a minute decent without warning is going to shit up even the hardened squaddie in the back.
Especially when one minute you are sat in your armchair doing whatever and the next your plastered on the underside of the luggage boxes / cabin roof  >:(

Had a similar thing (but not as bad as that) coming back from goose in the back of a tristar with a French exchange pilot (or so I was told) at the controls   >:( >:(

It was the only time I ever saw my old boss "Al Threadgold" loose the plot  :-X :-X

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 February 2017, 14:50:47 »

Lie, lie again then lie some more to cover up the previous lies  >:( >:( >:(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 February 2017, 14:53:51 »

When every input to the aircraft systems is logged in great detail, and shows that your stick moved, you can't really deny that it was the squishy fleshy seat-stick interface thing that was moving it, albeit perhaps indirectly.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 February 2017, 15:04:43 »

When every input to the aircraft systems is logged in great detail, and shows that your stick moved, you can't really deny that it was the squishy fleshy seat-stick interface thing that was moving it, albeit perhaps indirectly.

The thing is when studied, the ADR would have recorded a nose down command from the pilots stick.
The only way to prove it wasn't the nob in the seat is to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it wasn't a electronic / mechanical problem.
One you have done that then it can only be one thing .........
Unless there are cameras on the flight deck that is  :-\

I'd also add that the pilot was a 49 year old Flt Lt  :o
He was either very borderline shit at his job OR he had pissed off a hell of a lot of people in his career  ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 February 2017, 19:04:36 »

Or a Thomas Cook skipper Reservist :-\

I know one who was so annoyed at the Dispatcher taking ten minutes to set the Stand Guidance that she drove the aircraft, an A330, onto stand with such thrust that the subsequent sharp breaking caused the nosewheel to leave the ground as the aircraft weight settled. The resulting forced heavy landing check saw it out of service for two days.

Good old Airtours :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 February 2017, 19:36:24 »

It is the Daily Fail ... but if you discount the overactive melodrama style of reporting and read "between the lines" .. then large lumps of the truth are discernible ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4204818/Invictus-pilot-tells-saved-nose-diving-plane.html

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 February 2017, 19:54:00 »

Grrr, bloody corrupted Daily Fail cookies >:(

If the pilot was able to move the seat forward causing the controls to 'jam' then unjamming them would simply have involved pressing the switch to move the seat back :-\

It's a while since I have been in the A330 flight deck, but have never seen a large Airbus with manual pilot seats...
Also, iirc it's only a single button press to pass control to the other stick, which whilst not immediately returning the aircraft to level flight from such an attitude, it would at least free the controls.

Fair play to Airbus, whilst they can't build an idiot proof cockpit for shit, they do build a decent wing, allowing the aircraft to endure stresses far outside the operating envelope ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 February 2017, 23:11:22 »

Grrr, bloody corrupted Daily Fail cookies >:(

If the pilot was able to move the seat forward causing the controls to 'jam' then unjamming them would simply have involved pressing the switch to move the seat back :-\

It's a while since I have been in the A330 flight deck, but have never seen a large Airbus with manual pilot seats...
Also, iirc it's only a single button press to pass control to the other stick, which whilst not immediately returning the aircraft to level flight from such an attitude, it would at least free the controls.

Fair play to Airbus, whilst they can't build an idiot proof cockpit for shit, they do build a decent wing, allowing the aircraft to endure stresses far outside the operating envelope ;)

More likely all the electronics keeps it within the flight envelope whatever you do with the stick. :y

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 February 2017, 00:49:37 »

The thing is when studied, the ADR would have recorded a nose down command from the pilots stick.
The only way to prove it wasn't the nob in the seat is to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it wasn't a electronic / mechanical problem.
One you have done that then it can only be one thing .........
Unless there are cameras on the flight deck that is  :-\

fortunately the pilot moving the seat (motorised) was logged, immediately before the dive began.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.