Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: NCDC2013 or 2015  (Read 4445 times)

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
NCDC2013 or 2015
« on: 21 February 2013, 15:33:36 »

Hi,
I have read all the posts as best as I can about problems with the NCDC2013, but was looking towards those with more knowledge than me for suggestions.....
I currently have a 2003 3.2 Elite estate with a NCDC2013 and GID fitted. It spits the sat nav disc out within a few seconds with the message 'insert disc with printed side up'. It has worked intermitantly, and whilst working everything seems to do what it should.
I have also got a 2013 and GID which I took out a scrap car, which weren't depaired, but I have the car pass for them. I haven't been able to test them.
I also have a 2002 3.2 Elite saloon, with a NCDC2015 unit with CID in it which is working great, with telematics (which I'm not too bothered about as I haven't got a sim card for it) and I am quite impressed with it!. I bought this car for parts originally, but overall it seems too goood to scrap. I don't have a car pass with this car, but I'm sure I could get one from VX.
The question is -
1 -  can the fault be repaired cost effectively, or
2 - could I simply replace the unit and GID with the paired ones from the scrap car as I have both the car passes for the scrap car and the recieving car,
3 - assuming that I do scrap the 3.2 saloon, could I replace the defective units with the NCDC2015 and CID without any further wiring issues as I'm not interested in the telematics at this time?     
 - Would I need the the units depairing prior to removal?
 - Would I actually need the car pass from the donor car to fit them - i.e. for any radio code?? 
I know a techy at VX who would help me out with any tech2 adjustments.

I know this may have been covered before, but I'm not the best at understanding car electrics, so some positive suggestions would definately be appreciated!!

Many thanks,
johnnydog.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
Re: NCDC2013 or 2015
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2013, 15:35:47 »

As long as the HU is kept with the original display no coding needed.
Replacement lasers here http://www.lasertrader.de/english/sg_opticallaserpickup_carindustry_Opel.htm
« Last Edit: 21 February 2013, 15:37:32 by RobG »
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2013, 19:12:12 »

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Not quite that straightforward.
Grumpy old man

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 February 2013, 20:22:42 »

Are these lasers easy to change ?
I've got the same problem with the NCDC 2013 c/w Cid on my new shed  :(

Is it worth stripping the unit down and attacking the laser with a can of air  :-\
« Last Edit: 21 February 2013, 20:25:40 by tigers_gonads »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 February 2013, 20:52:34 »

Is it worth stripping the unit down and attacking the laser with a can of air  :-\
1) Looks fiddly, but doable

2) No
Grumpy old man

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 February 2013, 00:36:21 »

3) Not quite that straightforward

Thanks the pointers about replacing like for like, but what aspect does 'not quite that straightforward' about replacing with the 2013 with the 2015 relate to? What would need to be done?
Many thanks for the input so far...   

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 February 2013, 07:54:52 »

Thats ok then ::)
Retired

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 February 2013, 08:42:32 »

Quote from: Elite Pete  .msg1415464#msg1415464 date=1361478162

[/quote]

Bitch  >:( :-* ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 February 2013, 11:08:33 »

3) Not quite that straightforward

Thanks the pointers about replacing like for like, but what aspect does 'not quite that straightforward' about replacing with the 2013 with the 2015 relate to? What would need to be done?
Many thanks for the input so far...
The system is made up of a ring of interconnected devices - Display, Headunit (top part), CD Changer (bottom part of HU)(if fitted - all NCDC201x do) and telematics (if fitted)

This ring must all be present and correct. To change the ring's config, eg remove a device from it, or replace a device, needs to go through a depair/reconfigure/repair process.
Grumpy old man

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 February 2013, 06:26:36 »

Quote from: Elite Pete  .msg1415464#msg1415464 date=1361478162

Bitch  >:( :-* ;D
[/quote]
 ;D

My dissapointment has eased a little ;D
Retired

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 February 2013, 11:59:15 »

'This ring must all be present and correct. To change the ring's config, eg remove a device from it, or replace a device, needs to go through a depair/reconfigure/repair process.'

OK thanks, so if I was to try and fit the 2015 and the CID only (I'm not that bothered about the telematics system) to my car which has currently got a 2013 and a GID, assuming that all was correctly de-paired prior to removal, would the two work Ok on their own without the telematics? Is all the wiring loom on both cars the same or is any additional wiring required tucked away, or would I have to alter any of it or add to the existing wiring?
I'm just trying to decide whether the job is relatively straightforward to a 'novice', or whether I should just stick with a replacement 2013 for simplicity.
Decisions decisions.....

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 February 2013, 18:37:54 »

As your car is a 2003 elite, the additional 12 pin RGB plug that is required for the CID should be tuck away behind the instrument binacle.

If you want to run the 2015 and CID in you car, then no additional wiring is required.  But as TB say, the units will have to be depaired prior to removal from the saloon, and then repaired without the telematics in your car.

If you decide to fit the telematics as well, then you will have to make up a loom for this, as only cars fitted with telematics have the correct wiring.  If you are scraping the saloon anyway, you could cut most of the loom that you need out of that, and then build the loom up from there using a Trafficmaster loom.

If you decide to do away with the telematics, then make sure it is put into delivery mode when you depair it, and you will be able to sell the unit on if you want.

HTH  :y
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 February 2013, 19:05:14 »

As your car is a 2003 elite, the additional 12 pin RGB plug that is required for the CID should be tuck away behind the instrument binacle.

If you want to run the 2015 and CID in you car, then no additional wiring is required.  But as TB say, the units will have to be depaired prior to removal from the saloon, and then repaired without the telematics in your car.

If you decide to fit the telematics as well, then you will have to make up a loom for this, as only cars fitted with telematics have the correct wiring.  If you are scraping the saloon anyway, you could cut most of the loom that you need out of that, and then build the loom up from there using a Trafficmaster loom.

If you decide to do away with the telematics, then make sure it is put into delivery mode when you depair it, and you will be able to sell the unit on if you want.
....and sell it to me  :y

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 February 2013, 21:02:10 »

....and sell it to me  :y

I actually typed that originally Andy, but then I noticed the OP's postcount and changed it so I didn't get in trouble!    ;D
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 February 2013, 21:25:26 »

If you have the capability to depair/repair, just pair teh CID to the NCDC2013?

The NCDC2013 and NCDC2015 are identical electronically (its a software config that tells the unit which it is), but some of the buttons have different functions, thus legends.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.