Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.2 DTi Glow Plug Change  (Read 7539 times)

waspy

2.2 DTi Glow Plug Change
« on: 17 February 2012, 17:51:25 »

The plugs should be replaced when the mileage gets to around 100,000 or when you find yourself preheating more than your regular number of times.

THIS JOB IS ONLY TO BE DONE WITH A HOT/WARM ENGINE, there is a sizeable chance that the plugs could snap off in a cold engine. Be carefull though, because you're working next to a hot turbo, so best wait for it to cool some first :y

Glow plugs are located to the offside of the engine

Tools you're going to need are a 1/4 drive 10mm deep socket, a ratchet & extension bar.

Remove one cap by pressing on the sides of the cap & pulling upwards (see pic below/highlighted) & carefully unscrew the glow plug from the head. If a gorilla has replaced them before they may be tight, but don't exert too much on the plug, they're only thin & may snap off.

I started at the back of the engine & this plug is the hardest to do, because of clearance. Remove & replace one at a time.

Check that you're replacing the plugs like for like.

Now you're done. The whole job took me 30 mins, that included unlocking the garage, getting tools, fannying about & taking pics. This is a very easy job to do that even a total novice can do.

Just outa curiosity I rang my local stealer for a price to replace mine after I'd done the job & they quoted me £123.00  :o :o :o :o :o For a job that can easily be done in 10 mins >:( >:(
« Last Edit: 27 February 2012, 15:34:48 by Jimbob »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.