Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Formula 1 British Grand Prix. SPOILER ALERT !!  (Read 8182 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Formula 1 British Grand Prix. SPOILER ALERT !!
« Reply #60 on: 13 August 2019, 17:40:48 »

True enough, and in that case young Ocon would make more sense.  :y
I suspect Hamilton would like to bear all Scummies records and then finish his career at Ferrari, as apparently all racing drivers want that as part of their legacy. Don't think he will go there yet though, as hes smart enough to know that he is unikely to win much in a Ferrari.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 09 September 2019, 10:24:25 »

Anybody watch yesterdays race at Monza ?,good race I thought :y :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

STEMO

« Reply #62 on: 09 September 2019, 11:15:31 »

Anybody watch yesterdays race at Monza ?,good race I thought :y :y
It was very good, Henry. I particularly liked it when Vettel spun and then charged back on to the track.  ;D
Leclerc looks like a true contender for future seasons, don't think he has time to make a dent this year.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 09 September 2019, 12:51:49 »

Monza is often a good race to watch. Its a fantastic track. I was disappointed to see some of Leclercs driving was questionable to say the least. He was bordering on dirty and dangerous at times. I hope he doesn't grow into another Vettel / Schumacher type.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #64 on: 09 September 2019, 12:56:32 »

Monza is often a good race to watch. Its a fantastic track. I was disappointed to see some of Leclercs driving was questionable to say the least. He was bordering on dirty and dangerous at times. I hope he doesn't grow into another Vettel / Schumacher type.
Nah. He reminded me more of Hamilton than anyone else. As Lewis said, "It's called racing".

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 09 September 2019, 14:00:42 »

He pushed Hamilton off the track at high speed. Hamilton has never done that to anyone in his life.
I wouldn't be surprised if Vettel retires at the end of the year. His confidence is gone and his time is up. Happens to most of them in the end. The guard has changed at Ferrari and he has nowhere else to go.

STEMO

« Reply #66 on: 09 September 2019, 14:32:21 »

He pushed Hamilton off the track at high speed. Hamilton has never done that to anyone in his life.
I wouldn't be surprised if Vettel retires at the end of the year. His confidence is gone and his time is up. Happens to most of them in the end. The guard has changed at Ferrari and he has nowhere else to go.
If the positions were reversed, you'd be praising Hamilton for his great defensive driving. I thought Leclerc played a blinder.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 09 September 2019, 15:18:08 »

No I wouldn't. A big part of why I like Hamilton as much as I do, is the fact that he not only wins but he wins the right way. He is skilled enough to be millimetre perfect when racing against other cars and is always very hard but very fair. Its not just the winning that matters to him. Its winning fair and square which is important. That's why he is leagues ahead of Schumacher, Vettel etc. imo.
If he nerfed someone off the road at high speed, I would be disappointed and say so.
Hamilton said afterwards that the only thing that stopped keeping his foot in and risking an accident was that he has the championship in mind. Which might mean he has a lesson to teach young Leclerc once the title is wrapped up.
Should mean some good racing ahead hopefully.
« Last Edit: 09 September 2019, 15:21:03 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 09 September 2019, 15:41:27 »

Vettel got worst driver of the day award. Very poor showing. Next time it will be a one race ban.....

Nice to see Leclerc do well - he withstood Hamilton and Bottas’s attacks but I agree his driving was questionable. FIA ( ferrari international assistance ) was in play again.

Singapore should better suit the Red Bulls. Max hopefully will be on the podium. Still not sure about Albon but he does show more attacking spirit than Ghasly did.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.