Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Phone scams  (Read 2381 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Phone scams
« on: 19 March 2020, 14:32:42 »

Fortunately my dad can’t hear the phone. Gosh what a lot of scammers out there.

In the last 24 hours we have had:

Two calls that failed on answer to be allocated  someone  at heir call centre.

One from “ you house is on the register as having been insulated. We have found a problem with damp as a result”

One from  “BT” .  Automated. “ We see you have been having problems with the internet press 1 if , press 2 if........”

One from  “ you qualify for a free replacement boiler  under some scheme or other”

Anyone else plagued with them?

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Phone scams
« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2020, 14:36:40 »

Such calls prey on the elderly and infirm.

I'm concerned for STMO when he is alone. :)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 March 2020, 14:55:48 »

Oh, yes they are constant being at least 1 per week.

Last week it was a refund of £558 from HMRC................!! ::) ::)

Also last week, one "from Amazon" informing they were about to take £79.99 from me for my subscription with them, or press button 1............!! ::) ::)

Bastards!!

You can just imagine how these will escalate for the older folk receiving "assistance" calls to aid their shopping needs whilst isolated....!! ::) ::) ::) >:( >:(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2020, 15:15:06 »

Also last week, one "from Amazon" informing they were about to take £79.99 from me for my subscription with them, or press button 1............!! ::) ::)

Bastards!!

You can just imagine how these will escalate for the older folk receiving "assistance" calls to aid their shopping needs whilst isolated....!! ::) ::) ::) >:( >:(

Be careful Lizzie.......your days of being  a spring chicken are well behind you now. :) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 19 March 2020, 15:33:20 »

I got an email from a nice man from Nigeria. The poor chap has fallen on hard times but, luckily for him, he has just been bequeathed a very large sum from a long forgotten relative. If I advance him £1000 to tide him over, he will send me £5000 as some as he gets his inheritance.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 March 2020, 15:41:32 »

I got an email from a nice man from Nigeria. The poor chap has fallen on hard times but, luckily for him, he has just been bequeathed a very large sum from a long forgotten relative. If I advance him £1000 to tide him over, he will send me £5000 as some as he gets his inheritance.

It is so lovely when people are suddenly able to smile again. :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 March 2020, 17:20:58 »

Bastards!!

Tuesdays seem to be the day we get loads of the bl**dy things.
I've had the call from HMRC too promising me a refund too .... there was something in the call about speaking to Liverpool plod but other than that he was almost impossible to understand (Indian/Pakistan with very poor English) In the end I suggested that to be able to scam anyone he'd be advised to improve his p1$$ poor English.
And if I had a quid for each call from Amazon about my Amazon Prime account, I could take early retirement!  >:( >:( >:(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 March 2020, 17:21:54 »

:y :y :y :y Good news!   ;D ;D ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 March 2020, 17:23:45 »

Bastards!!

Be careful Lizzie.......your days of being  a spring chicken are well behind you now. :) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

:o :o :o :o  Watch it old man; you will be using your Royal London Life Insurance well before me! ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 March 2020, 17:41:31 »

Bastards!!

:o :o :o :o  Watch it old man; you will be using your Royal London Life Insurance well before me! ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* ;)

Nah.......I've decided to become immortal and not die. How hard can it be. :) :y :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 March 2020, 18:07:10 »

Bastards!!

Nah.......I've decided to become immortal and not die. How hard can it be. :) :y :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

;D ;D ;D :-* :y

You'd better leave those women of the night a rest hen Opti! :D :D ;)
« Last Edit: 19 March 2020, 18:09:04 by Lizzie Zoom »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 March 2020, 21:05:19 »

Signing up to TPS ensures you get lots and lots of these :)
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 March 2020, 21:12:50 »

In Spain we get them with a spoofed believable number. You answer and no one there. Then a week later e actly the same time theyring again. Their algorythm knows you answered then.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 March 2020, 21:56:36 »

I let the house phone ring to the answer machine then they either leave a message or not,if a message is left then I can decide to reply or not.Biggest part of the time no message is left.On my mobile I only answer that if it's a number known in it's memory and everyone I know generally uses text messaging.

aaronjb

« Reply #14 on: 20 March 2020, 08:46:20 »

I let the house phone ring to the answer machine then they either leave a message or not,if a message is left then I can decide to reply or not.Biggest part of the time no message is left.On my mobile I only answer that if it's a number known in it's memory and everyone I know generally uses text messaging.

I used to do that .. what I got was messages from various medical establishments for people that don't live here. Oh and occasionally 'Ethel' (no idea of the name, sounded about 1000 years old) asking if 'Janice' would be picking her up today.

The phone is no longer even plugged in.. that solved that nicely.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.