Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dell ink cartridges  (Read 2325 times)

The Sheriff

Re: Dell ink cartridges
« Reply #15 on: 30 January 2015, 21:32:05 »

I've got a HP wireless all in one, had it a about three years. Because we don't use it that often, I buy the genuine carts, about £17 for back&colour. I can't see the point of buying compatibles for such light usage, they will eventually bugger it up.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 31 January 2015, 11:19:44 »

Unfortunately there are a few reports of printer damage using some after market cart's, so I am hoping that I can find someone who has found good ones. Yes, agree about Lexmark, so if anyone has used aftermarket successfully with these I would like to hear about it. I should mention here that my printer is an all-in-one that a neighbour was throwing out, so even if I have to pay for OE, I will be ahead. ::) ::) ::)

I've used JetTec cartridges for Lexmark, HP and Epson over the years without issue.  Also, I sold thousands of JetTec cartridges when I ran my IT business, without any complaint or return.

Now use Canon printers and inks from http://www.internet-ink.co.uk without any problems.  They also do Dell pattern cartridges, but I've no experience of these.

Best advice re Dell printers is TB's advice - bin it ;)
My old Epson managed 3 sets of JetTec before the heads wouldn't clean any more.

I think part of my issue is the colour printer gets so little use.

Ive successfully cleaned the heads using a cleaning kit on my Epson printer.....it can be done without using the printer software to clean the heads  :y
I ran £25 worth of cleaning fluid through. That and £50 of cartridges to try again. After that it went to landfill, and its successor bought (for £150  :'()
Grumpy old man

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31 January 2015, 20:07:01 »

Laser printers are reliable. Colour printers available but black and white is good enough.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #18 on: 01 February 2015, 09:54:07 »

Unfortunately there are a few reports of printer damage using some after market cart's, so I am hoping that I can find someone who has found good ones. Yes, agree about Lexmark, so if anyone has used aftermarket successfully with these I would like to hear about it. I should mention here that my printer is an all-in-one that a neighbour was throwing out, so even if I have to pay for OE, I will be ahead. ::) ::) ::)

I've used JetTec cartridges for Lexmark, HP and Epson over the years without issue.  Also, I sold thousands of JetTec cartridges when I ran my IT business, without any complaint or return.

Now use Canon printers and inks from http://www.internet-ink.co.uk without any problems.  They also do Dell pattern cartridges, but I've no experience of these.

Best advice re Dell printers is TB's advice - bin it ;)
My old Epson managed 3 sets of JetTec before the heads wouldn't clean any more.

I think part of my issue is the colour printer gets so little use.

Ive successfully cleaned the heads using a cleaning kit on my Epson printer.....it can be done without using the printer software to clean the heads  :y
I ran £25 worth of cleaning fluid through. That and £50 of cartridges to try again. After that it went to landfill, and its successor bought (for £150  :'()

I am surprised soaking them overnight with blotting paper under the heads didn't work...
Tho it could have been because of the type of ink you used. Pigment ink will block the heads more easily if little use, hence I always use dye ink.

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 February 2015, 10:21:21 »

I use an Epsom SX series and get ink from here http://www.prink.co.uk/
No issues at all.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 February 2015, 10:28:58 »

I only use genuine. As recommended with all other parts :o
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.