Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red circling pay freeze  (Read 1938 times)

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • vauxhall omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
Red circling pay freeze
« on: 29 January 2015, 20:54:12 »

Anyone know if your employer should tell you,verbally or written.That you are red circled or your pay is being frozen,in advance. Of a written announcement by the company of an across the board 2% pay rise.As i only found out today when i got my wages,and no hourly pay increase.Dean. :-\

05omegav6

Re: Red circling pay freeze
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2015, 21:04:35 »

Depends on who you work for and your contract... but would suggest that legally you are legally intitled to a pay cycles notice for each year of service... :-\

One for your union rep if you have one...

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2015, 21:32:45 »

Depends on who you work for and your contract... but would suggest that legally you are legally intitled to a pay cycles notice for each year of service... :-\

One for your union rep if you have one...
Hi Al private company mate,contract says salary will be reviewed on an individual basis first of Jan each year.No union rep,6 of us out of 132 employees.All the ones who relocated from Birmingham to hartlepool.And nothing in our contracts to say our pay was frozen,or we were red circled.Before we moved they have to tell us surely.

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 29 January 2015, 21:36:51 »

Was nothing said at your pay review?

The Sheriff

« Reply #4 on: 29 January 2015, 21:39:36 »

Said? It's usually just a letter.

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 29 January 2015, 21:43:17 »

Said? It's usually just a letter.
Potato, potato...

Point is if a review happened, summat should have been communicated :-\

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 January 2015, 21:49:05 »

No pay review,since oct 2013 mate.Sorry should have said no personal pay review since oct 2013.Last year a letter saying no pay rise on the notice board.Due to profits not being met. This year letter on notice board saying 2% pay rise.
« Last Edit: 29 January 2015, 21:54:49 by moggy »

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 29 January 2015, 22:03:35 »

No pay review,since oct 2013 mate.Sorry should have said no personal pay review since oct 2013.Last year a letter saying no pay rise on the notice board.Due to profits not being met. This year letter on notice board saying 2% pay rise.
Except for six recently transfered staff :-\

Where you on a higher rate than the staff at Hartlepool?

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 January 2015, 22:17:40 »

Yes mate,but i think they should have told us,from the outset before we moved.Plus i am the only one in the factory,that does this job.And have the qualifications the company need.I have worked it out it will take 9 years,before the shop floor.Get to my pay scale so no rise for 9 years,pissd off is an understatement. >:(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 January 2015, 08:31:06 »

Yes mate,but i think they should have told us,from the outset before we moved.Plus i am the only one in the factory,that does this job.And have the qualifications the company need.I have worked it out it will take 9 years,before the shop floor.Get to my pay scale so no rise for 9 years,pissd off is an understatement. >:(
In our company, its call marked time.  If you go for a job where you're already on a higher salary than the standard grade who does that role, no pay increases until they have caught you up.  Fairly standard in most companies I believe?
Grumpy old man

jonathanh

• Omega Knight
  • coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 January 2015, 10:04:49 »

sorry to say it but, its pretty standard behaviour.  Unless you have collectively bargained pay awards via Union then, to be honest, your stuffed.

My advice is to take the hint.  Say nothing, keep quiet, find another job and then leave. after all, they are saying they don't value you

I know its a bitter message but that's par for the course for "HR" these days
parking near Birmingham airport for members with +250 posts.  PM for info

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 January 2015, 10:20:01 »

Whilst I agree that it would have been completely reasonable to hold your pay back if you are on a higher salary due to regional differences, if a 2% across the board pay rise has been advertised, I think you are at least due an explanation as to why you weren't included. It wouldn't have been that hard to communicate it, given that only 6 employees are involved. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 30 January 2015, 17:04:57 »

Whilst I agree that it would have been completely reasonable to hold your pay back if you are on a higher salary due to regional differences, if a 2% across the board pay rise has been advertised, I think you are at least due an explanation as to why you weren't included. It wouldn't have been that hard to communicate it, given that only 6 employees are involved. ::)
KW that's what i think.When i asked about it this was the reply.There has been a misunderstanding,we have an internal email from the previous MD.Witch more or less red circled you,i asked if i could see it HR said you don't need to.Plus it is an internal email,and you are not privy.They would not even tell me if it was,before we moved or while we have been at Hartlepool.I said first how can i misunderstand something i don't know about,and second don't you think.I should see something IE the email that is about my employment or wages.They would not answer and just gave me a letter,about what they decided. >:( >:( :(

05omegav6

« Reply #13 on: 30 January 2015, 17:15:55 »

If I were the only person who could do my job and was being treated like that, I would be looking to work elsewhere...

You might be able to take them to a tribunal for constructive dismissal, but first find another job, and before you hand in your notice, go to HR/Line manager, ask for a pay rise. If they say no,  then hand in your notice and go to your new job... :-\

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 January 2015, 18:13:22 »

If I were the only person who could do my job and was being treated like that, I would be looking to work elsewhere...

You might be able to take them to a tribunal for constructive dismissal, but first find another job, and before you hand in your notice, go to HR/Line manager, ask for a pay rise. If they say no,  then hand in your notice and go to your new job... :-\
Thanks for the advice Al,i will be talking to ACAS first.If we cant do anything then it looks like we will have to move again. >:( :( Dean.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.