Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The AA.  (Read 9240 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
The AA.
« on: 01 February 2015, 15:30:42 »

They like me. I mean they really like me. :-* :-* :-* :-*

I quote from my renewal.

"You really are one of our most valued members".......Ah that's so sweet and touching. It's always good to know  you are appreciated.

In fact, to show me how much they like and value me, they have raised my premium by 83% this year.

I politely asked them to remedy their obvious mistake. They told me I'm still a most valued member but....no can do, Sir. :( >:(

My AA membership ceases on 1st March 2015.

Time to shop around, I think. :y

The Sheriff

Re: The AA.
« Reply #1 on: 01 February 2015, 15:34:46 »

Tried it with me. The bastids actually took the money from my credit card. One quick call to the card provider and the money was back in my account and I was with the RAC. £80 for a year and £20 worth of fuel back.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 February 2015, 15:37:28 »

Tried it with me. The bastids actually took the money from my credit card. One quick call to the card provider and the money was back in my account and I was with the RAC. £80 for a year and £20 worth of fuel back.

Because the money is taken by DD, it is easy to overlook the fact that the bastards have loaded the premium. >:(

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 February 2015, 16:01:51 »

Got all the options with the AA. Last renewal premium was just shy of £200. Rang `em up, immediately reduced to just under £111
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 February 2015, 16:22:30 »

Got all the options with the AA. Last renewal premium was just shy of £200. Rang `em up, immediately reduced to just under £111

This is how the script usually works. Not this time though. :'(

No call outs either in the seven years I have been with them.

Omega owner should get a further 30% discount from the AA for being so reliable. :)

aaronjb

« Reply #5 on: 01 February 2015, 16:56:46 »

Crap.. my renewal was this month and with all the work travel I didn't get to phone and haggle. There goes £200 and I don't even have home start! Oh yes and the ex is still on it..  ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 February 2015, 17:25:15 »

Crap.. my renewal was this month and with all the work travel I didn't get to phone and haggle. There goes £200 and I don't even have home start! Oh yes and the ex is still on it..  ::)

:( :( :( :'(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 February 2015, 17:28:26 »

Any chance of you getting back together, Aaron?

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #8 on: 01 February 2015, 17:30:07 »

I quote from my renewal.

"You really are one of our most valued members".......Ah that's so sweet and touching. It's always good to know  you are appreciated.

In fact, to show me how much they like and value me, they have raised my premium by 83% this year.

I politely asked them to remedy their obvious mistake. They told me I'm still a most valued member but....no can do, Sir. :( >:(

As as Gold AA Member I also challenged them (yet again) Opti to lower my premium , which includes all; home relay, home start, etc, as "I am a most valued member", and again they gave me what I wanted; "complimentary home start, worth £62 PA :D :D :D :y :y :y

Just done the same with their Fully Comprehensive, including legal cover, car insurance and got £80 off their renewal quote. In fact I have lowered my insurance costs over the last 3 years by £500 8) 8) :y

The Sheriff

« Reply #9 on: 01 February 2015, 17:31:46 »

It pays to have comprehensive breakdown cover, Lizzie, esp. for a girlie driving an omega   ;D

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #10 on: 01 February 2015, 17:35:47 »

It pays to have comprehensive breakdown cover, Lizzie, esp. for a girlie driving an omega   ;D

Absolutely Steve!  Why do I want to climb under a car at the side of the road in my finest dress when I can get a nice handsome man to do it on the rare chance I will break down! ;D ;D ;D ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 February 2015, 17:39:36 »

I quote from my renewal.

As as Gold AA Member I also challenged them (yet again) Opti to lower my premium , which includes all; home relay, home start, etc, as "I am a most valued member", and again they gave me what I wanted; "complimentary home start, worth £62 PA :D :D :D :y :y :y

Just done the same with their Fully Comprehensive, including legal cover, car insurance and got £80 off their renewal quote. In fact I have lowered my insurance costs over the last 3 years by £500 8) 8) :y

I have this, Lizzie,

You, as a woman, clearly have attributes that I don't..... ;)

aaronjb

« Reply #12 on: 01 February 2015, 17:42:52 »

Any chance of you getting back together, Aaron?

I don't think so at this point .. I can understand it, though - she's enjoying life again, going out, having fun, instead of feeling trapped with me (as she told me she felt). Still have a house full of her stuff and an RX8 insured in her name, though!

Absolutely Steve!  Why do I want to climb under a car at the side of the road in my finest dress when I can get a nice handsome man to do it on the rare chance I will break down! ;D ;D ;D ;)

Lizzie you have clearly had a very different breed of AA man come out to you than I have!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 February 2015, 19:22:27 »

I generally pay the AA less than their introductory offers for new members.  Obviously, it takes a phone call to negotiate it every year.

We go for joint membership, with relay. I don't need homestart etc.
Grumpy old man

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 February 2015, 22:43:45 »

This is how the script usually works. Not this time though. :'(

No call outs either in the seven years I have been with them.

Omega owner should get a further 30% discount from the AA for being so reliable. :)

So ho much have you paid in premiums over that period?  Bet you could have got a recovery home from most parts of the UK for less.............. ;) ;)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.