Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Alarm and the use of the indicators  (Read 9609 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Alarm and the use of the indicators
« Reply #15 on: 17 August 2006, 13:47:15 »

If I remember, tonight I'll connect up my 1998 MV6 and see if there are any country specific options in the ATWS. I don't recall seeing any...
Grumpy old man

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 August 2006, 14:25:48 »

If I remember, tonight I'll connect up my 1998 MV6 and see if there are any country specific options in the ATWS. I don't recall seeing any...

Cheers for that, I think my car doesn't need need to go on anyone else tech2 having had it put on yours.

No problem since.

Cheers again :)

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 August 2006, 19:51:51 »

Did you get round to trying the black meega to see if it flashes whilst sounding?
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 August 2006, 12:06:47 »

Did you get round to trying the black meega to see if it flashes whilst sounding?

Concerned now, Indicator flashers work when the hazard switch is on and when using the standard indicator left/right, but I was testing the alarm last night and I dont think the internal sensors work.

I tried locking myself in the car and pressing the switch to turn on/off the internal motion sensors to no avail nothing.

Locked myself in the car the little red light flashes and tried using the key in the ignition and all hell breaks loose using the horn, trouble is have been unable to get the power sounder to go off.

Any Ideas as to why the Internal motion sensors and power sounder are not doing what they should.

Would the alarm setup be slightly different as this has the old infra red alarm type where as mine has the frequency type one..
« Last Edit: 18 August 2006, 12:08:47 by nixoro »

TheOutcast

« Reply #19 on: 18 August 2006, 12:35:33 »

Now not sure if there is any truth to it but I was told a little while ago that if the indicators flash when you lock and unlock the ECU is configured for Germany which is illegal in this country and would need changing using Tech2.

My car does the above, where as the Black omega I have the indicators don't flash when locking or unlocking.

I personally am not bothered whether they flash or not.

Has anyone ever heard of this before?

Feel free to move if in the wrong place :)
I believe it's the ones that make a loud beeping noise, when they are activated, that have been banned; and it wasn't a minute too soon; there's no problem with the indicator lights flashing.  ;)
« Last Edit: 18 August 2006, 12:36:13 by TheOutcast »

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 August 2006, 12:39:26 »

Now not sure if there is any truth to it but I was told a little while ago that if the indicators flash when you lock and unlock the ECU is configured for Germany which is illegal in this country and would need changing using Tech2.

My car does the above, where as the Black omega I have the indicators don't flash when locking or unlocking.

I personally am not bothered whether they flash or not.

Has anyone ever heard of this before?

Feel free to move if in the wrong place :)
I believe it's the ones that make a loud beeping noise, when they are activated, that have been banned; and it wasn't a minute too soon; there's no problem with the indicator lights flashing.  ;)

Cheers TheOutcast I had my doubts was just wondering if there was any truth.

From testing the alarm last night on the black omega the indicators and hazards work but part of the alarm doesn't.

Or is it a case of the old style was not as advanced.

Any Ideas
« Last Edit: 18 August 2006, 12:39:48 by nixoro »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 August 2006, 12:55:41 »

'dangle berries', i forgot to check  :-[

The power sounder only goes off when power disconnected, for all other alarms, its horn.

As for internal sensors, you need to give them a while to stabilise before moving to set them off....
Grumpy old man

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 August 2006, 12:56:37 »

The indicators should flash when in an alarm condition. How would you be able to tell which car was sounding in a car park for example.

The ultrasonics are on by default. You can disable the ultrasonics by pushing the alarm button on the dash before leaving the car. The red light will flash a different sequence before arming. You shouldn't need to do this under normal conditions though unless you were leaving your pet inside, or leaving the windows open.

Set your alarm as usual, but leave one of the windows down, this will allow you to reach inside once it is set. You will know it is set when the light starts flashing at a slow steady rate.

I know you can't deadlock the car if the seat occupancy is active, but i'm pretty sure it doesn't have any effect on the ultrasonics.

[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 August 2006, 12:58:41 »

afaik, prefacelifts dont have occupancy sensors.
Grumpy old man

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 August 2006, 13:09:25 »

The indicators should flash when in an alarm condition. How would you be able to tell which car was sounding in a car park for example.

The ultrasonics are on by default. You can disable the ultrasonics by pushing the alarm button on the dash before leaving the car. The red light will flash a different sequence before arming. You shouldn't need to do this under normal conditions though unless you were leaving your pet inside, or leaving the windows open.

Set your alarm as usual, but leave one of the windows down, this will allow you to reach inside once it is set. You will know it is set when the light starts flashing at a slow steady rate.

I know you can't deadlock the car if the seat occupancy is active, but i'm pretty sure it doesn't have any effect on the ultrasonics.

Right so i have a problem the lights, they were not flashing when the alarm went off.

I tried as mentioned above locking the car with the drivers door window open, even pressed the little button with the doors shut to enable the sensors before leaving the window open and turning on the alarm before testing and got nothing I am guessing there a wiring issue somewhere.

Possible wiring defect having had a towbar removed.

Any Ideas anyone.

TheOutcast

« Reply #25 on: 18 August 2006, 13:09:57 »

My '96 P reg had the internal sensors, the sensor was on the door pillar, just above the drivers head, and, on the dash, a button to switch them off. Or so it said in the handbook. :-?

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18 August 2006, 13:11:48 »

When the alarm is active the little red light on the button flashes so I guess thats a good sign.

Could it be possible dead internal motion sensors.

Not unless the previous owner had them disconnected for wahtever reason.

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18 August 2006, 13:13:40 »

My '96 P reg had the internal sensors, the sensor was on the door pillar, just above the drivers head, and, on the dash, a button to switch them off. Or so it said in the handbook. :-?

Thats what the 94M black omega has just like mine only I know mine work.

Its the black one that concerning me.

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 August 2006, 15:34:00 »

You DON'T have to press the button to enable the sensors. They are on by default, pressing the button before exiting the car and arming the alarm inhibts the ultrasonics.

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 18 August 2006, 15:38:00 »

Also, having the towbar removed shouldn't necessarily effect the alarm function, depending on where the connections were made of course.  :o

You have said the indicators and hazard functions are all ok, so i reckon it's unrelated.
« Last Edit: 18 August 2006, 15:38:35 by Kev »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.