Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: glowplugs not working  (Read 4487 times)

rustym95

• Omega Knight
  • Rotherham south yorks
  • carn't get up dont go out!!
    • View Profile
Re: glowplugs not working
« Reply #45 on: 11 January 2010, 14:39:32 »

it may be the fuel heater then pe-heats the fuel before getting to the glow plugs, can try this turn key to 2 leave for a minute then try it, bit longer than normal to start, there is some one on here that had fixed his but cannot remember the post. my old car had one and you have to give it a little time to work  :y

That used to be the way to start many diesels a few years ago, turn the ign on so that the glow plug light was lit, and wait 30 secs before cranking.

Is the fuel pre-heater similar to a glowplug then ?
no its a coil go's round fuel line in a case usually on the side of the fule systerm made from alloy will have a 2 pin pluge. only warm the fuel untill ecu tells it to turn off.
Omega's is a life not just a car. also do ecu codes read and wiped or rest.., fix LCD tv & DVD recorders PS3's and most electrical equipment just e-mail me.

rustym95

• Omega Knight
  • Rotherham south yorks
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 11 January 2010, 14:41:52 »

they can go but they a pain to replace as it is in side the housing. best just to give it more time for the glow plugs to heat up. with out cranking the engine.
« Last Edit: 11 January 2010, 14:42:33 by Russell_Hill »
Omega's is a life not just a car. also do ecu codes read and wiped or rest.., fix LCD tv & DVD recorders PS3's and most electrical equipment just e-mail me.

andy4775

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 11 January 2010, 16:14:59 »

I have looked on the engine wiring diagram (Y22DTH)  and there is a relay K80 called filter heating and something U12 filter heating.  Could this be something to do with the preheating!!

rustym95

• Omega Knight
  • Rotherham south yorks
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 11 January 2010, 18:38:47 »

it could be but i dont have manual for a 2.2td, check and see if there is volts on the relay, as for the heater they are in side the throttle housing, and if you start to try and get it out to fix you prob damage somthing else.

andy4775

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 12 January 2010, 09:06:21 »

Going to start the car time this morning but may be give it 4 goes on the glowplugs, I know it not as cold this morning but will get back to you Rusty.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.