Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: VX Dealer support  (Read 5051 times)

Pmacca2000

• Intermediate Member
  • Midlands
    • Omega CD
    • View Profile
Re: VX Dealer support
« Reply #30 on: 26 January 2017, 15:01:12 »

Good luck to the Omega Barron, I guess you've guaranteed a good staff discount ?
In all fairness I hope everything goes well on the day and after. 
Pmacca, living the dream since 1995

Pmacca2000

• Intermediate Member
  • Midlands
    • Omega CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 26 January 2017, 15:30:13 »

It's annoying that after 16 years or so of buying and running Vauxhall cars from what was my local dealer they are unable to get parts over night without allowing me to pay a "premium" yet some of you can still get parts over night I'm guessing without extra charges?
The frustration for me is that you could have an understanding at underwoods and then when your getting on really well with the parts and service departments, management rotate staff so you'd go in there one day and know no one.
Further more I'd like the service manager to explain how it is that my parts can't be overnight yet (with out extra charges) yet some of you seem to be getting this service as a matter of course?
The old service manager told me he could do me a cambelt service for £80 less than book as I was a good customer, the current manager needs to be replaced, some of the staff there are frightened to engage in humour there in case they upset anyone, it's very sad concidering how they used to be and that customer care is far down the list of priorities.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 26 January 2017, 17:42:44 »

Further more I'd like the service manager to explain how it is that my parts can't be overnight yet (with out extra charges) yet some of you seem to be getting this service as a matter of course?
Depends on their setup. Most dealers will happily do FoC overnight, or even same day, if a part is in stock localish ithin that dealership, as then have vans flying between branches.

If coming from Vauxhall's warehouses, they will likely charge a premium for rapid delivery, and if you're getting a good price, their wont be the margin for them to swallow that...
Grumpy old man

Pmacca2000

• Intermediate Member
  • Midlands
    • Omega CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 27 January 2017, 17:46:39 »

I'm struggling to understand how the replacement of a manager can dictate that, the seatbelt I had pre warned underwoods about took a lifetime.
On a more positive note, for the last couple of days my CD has been warning me the coolant was low, not sure why but there we are.
I popped into Thurlow Nunn, a place that didn't impress last time to buy the coolant and I'm guessing the service manager opened the door and guided customers to the service area, even asked if I was after parts and had I rung the bell?
Even the parts fella was quickish and helpful.
Makes me wonder if they've been on here?
The added bonus was the comments from some of the staff walking past my car on there way into the workshops, look after that etc.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 27 January 2017, 19:36:42 »

Need some suspension parts quickly. So get an idea of factor prices, then call local dealer at 9:20am. They don't have them, but would have them by the afternoon if I gave go-ahead before 11am.

Picking them up tomorrow morning (could have had them delivered to my door Monday, but a) wanted maximum flexibility next week, b) having not left the premises in 2017 yet, I'm climbing the walls to get out ;D ).  Cost? Significantly cheaper than the likes of euroshiteparts best ever blink-and-you'll-miss-it sale price - not that they could get their pattern versions for an estimated 2 weeks.

But, as said earlier, I rate my local parts department.
Grumpy old man

Pmacca2000

• Intermediate Member
  • Midlands
    • Omega CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03 February 2017, 03:52:54 »

Iso eather my dealer is lying because they think they'll get away with it or VX allow franchises to do what they want?
The more people reply to this thread the less time I have for the service manager and the more I think they don't want customers !

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 03 February 2017, 05:28:31 »

The added bonus was the comments from some of the staff walking past my car on there way into the workshops, look after that etc.
I'll translate for you:

look after that nice big luxury motor, too old for anyone to notice, take it out for the afternoon and red line it :D
« Last Edit: 03 February 2017, 05:31:03 by migmog »

Pmacca2000

• Intermediate Member
  • Midlands
    • Omega CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 09 February 2017, 14:39:01 »

To prove a point, my mate owned Wilbury Service centre in hitchin.
My CD was making a grumbling noise from cold and as it's due a water pump and cam belt soon I took it in and the WBMSC tread tells the story.
Wilbury, a non Vauxhall dealer can get the replacement parts overnight yet my normal franchise dealer takes a few days??
My normal service manager is I think it's clear to see less than interested in customer care?

Pmacca2000

• Intermediate Member
  • Midlands
    • Omega CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 23 February 2017, 19:57:44 »

After my last visit to thurlow nunn in MK I popped in to see about a cheap to run runabout and after establishing my Omega was not for sale I have had plenty of support and friendly guidance regardless of the fact I won't be buying any time soon.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.