Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Any sorento owners?  (Read 8134 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Any sorento owners?
« Reply #15 on: 21 February 2017, 20:07:17 »

I feel your pain on that front. Been meaning to get mine out of the way for a while. The Nissan Navara (or is it called a patrol in SUV form?) can tow about 3.5T I think. But they also have a nasty habit of folding in half!  :o

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 February 2017, 20:18:59 »

I feel your pain on that front. Been meaning to get mine out of the way for a while. The Nissan Navara (or is it called a patrol in SUV form?) can tow about 3.5T I think. But they also have a nasty habit of folding in half!  :o

Exactly. It would a brave or foolish man who tried towing anything with a Navara  :o
Omegatitis : [in remission]
Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 February 2017, 22:39:46 »

Borrowed a Shogun from work over the weekend and once you learnt to allow for braking distance and all terrain tyres, it's actually not a bad thing to drive, seemed pretty economical too, 140miles from a quarter tank...
Onanists always think outside the box.

aaronjb

« Reply #18 on: 22 February 2017, 07:39:13 »

140miles from a quarter tank...

Depends how big the tank is! I think they're ~90L or bigger..

Ford Ranger Wildtrak. Loved mine, would have another in a heartbeat.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 February 2017, 07:53:31 »

Borrowed a Shogun from work over the weekend and once you learnt to allow for braking distance and all terrain tyres, it's actually not a bad thing to drive, seemed pretty economical too, 140miles from a quarter tank...

I'd forgotten all about the Shogun! A real favourite with the welsh farmers round where my parents live - suggests they're able to thrive on abuse and a lack of maintenance  ;D.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 February 2017, 08:08:48 »

Our oldest are '57 with 250k on them... no significant problems, but they're very well maintained  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 February 2017, 08:21:27 »

I'd forgotten all about the Shogun! A real favourite with the welsh farmers round where my parents live - suggests they're able to thrive on abuse and a lack of maintenance  ;D .

Having recovered lots of them(and L200s) I would suggest they're no more reliable than a Discovery, but the faults tend to be major. And with Mitsubishi's pricing policy, that's no joke.

Major faults like broken crankshafts.

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 February 2017, 08:54:30 »

I'd forgotten all about the Shogun! A real favourite with the welsh farmers round where my parents live - suggests they're able to thrive on abuse and a lack of maintenance  ;D .

Having recovered lots of them(and L200s) I would suggest they're no more reliable than a Discovery, but the faults tend to be major. And with Mitsubishi's pricing policy, that's no joke.

Major faults like broken crankshafts.

You should make a list of cars you haven't recovered or ones you haven't recovered that much etc... Be an interesting list I'm sure, Also make a list of the most common cars that have broken down.

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 February 2017, 09:05:58 »

Ohh no our friends who just bought a sorento just called to say it's broken down, won't start. I think Ive jinxed it

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 February 2017, 09:54:00 »

You should make a list of cars you haven't recovered or ones you haven't recovered that much etc... Be an interesting list I'm sure, Also make a list of the most common cars that have broken down.

First point, in order: Toyotas(hardly ever saw them, and yet they're everywhere), Hondas(reliable, but not big sellers), then the Korean stuff which is steadily increasing in popularity.

Second point: Mercedes, then  Audi and BMW.

French stuff was junk, but could usually be persuaded to drag itself back to the dealer, like a runover  cat drags itself home to die.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22 February 2017, 10:09:00 »

Second point: Mercedes, then  Audi and BMW.

I'm surprised no JLR products make your top 3. Although I suppose that's down to how (un)common they are, comparatively speaking to the likes of the 1 series/A-Class/A3

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22 February 2017, 11:14:52 »

Ohh no our friends who just bought a sorento just called to say it's broken down, won't start. I think Ive jinxed it

Panic over the rac man had to tell her it was out of park and hence wouldn't start haha.

I wouldn't mind a Mercedes or BMW but vary hard to find manual gearbox and I swore never to own a Audi again after my a6

2boxerdogs

« Reply #27 on: 22 February 2017, 11:23:00 »

Pal of mine bought on new around 2006 , never looks after his cars ran it for around 7 years then his daughter had it for a couple of years, I drove it when it was about 2 years old seems quite similar to my Hyundai Terracan I believe Kia & Hyundai are the same company. Don't recall him having any problems with it. Still see loads of them on camping/caravanning sites, my opinion a lot of car for little money.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 22 February 2017, 11:28:35 »

I wouldn't mind a Mercedes or BMW but vary hard to find manual gearbox and I swore never to own a Audi again after my a6

What year was yours? Father ran an RS6 (54 plate so C5 in audi speak I think), cost an absolute fortune in repairs. Sold it when the gearbox sh!t itself (again!).

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 22 February 2017, 11:48:20 »

What year was yours? Father ran an RS6 (54 plate so C5 in audi speak I think), cost an absolute fortune in repairs. Sold it when the gearbox sh!t itself (again!).

It was a 98 2.5 tdi auto, in less than 1k miles the lift pump went the hi pressure diesel pump went, turbo actuator, water pump, abs Ecu, fuel leak. Probably more I just couldn't have bought it at a worse time. Still only did 20mpg when I sold it.
I have heard the rs models cost a bomb to repair, shame there's no easy manual gearbox conversion.

Pal of mine bought on new around 2006 , never looks after his cars ran it for around 7 years then his daughter had it for a couple of years, I drove it when it was about 2 years old seems quite similar to my Hyundai Terracan I believe Kia & Hyundai are the same company. Don't recall him having any problems with it. Still see loads of them on camping/caravanning sites, my opinion a lot of car for little money.

I would like the terracan but slightly less luxury and seem more expensive, I have been told they are billet proof tho and go on forever.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.