Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: I've forgotten how shitty the motorway is....  (Read 8036 times)

STEMO

I've forgotten how shitty the motorway is....
« on: 13 October 2019, 20:27:45 »

.....when it's dark and raining. Just got back from the monthly backgammon trip for the lad, and it seems like ages since I was driving in the dark. Not just me, either, judging by some of the driving I saw.
Only six months till Spring.  :(

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: I've forgotten how shitty the motorway is....
« Reply #1 on: 13 October 2019, 20:29:17 »

Don't remind me, I'm back to an hour's trip each way to work, 95% of it in the dark.

Still, this time last year it was 90mins each way.   :y

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 13 October 2019, 20:30:48 »

Don't remind me, I'm back to an hour's trip each way to work, 95% of it in the dark.

You don't realise just how crap your wipers actually are till it's dark and wet. Job for this week.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 October 2019, 20:32:58 »

Yes, 17000 miles in and mine are not much cop. However I'm holding out until its service in about 6 weeks' time when the lease company pays for some more for me.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 October 2019, 20:49:29 »

I buy new each year. They go hard in the sun/heat or even fuse to the screen. For a while I had spare blades for the summer and then good ones for the winter.

You need active cruise control for your night driving. Set the gap to maximum. Simplesszs.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 October 2019, 20:59:05 »

I had the "pleasure" of using the M62 westbound three times last week , dreadful  >:(

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 October 2019, 21:14:35 »

.whose being playing with the worm filter  ;D.. typical weekend motorist moaning, just get out of my bloody way, ...
« Last Edit: 13 October 2019, 21:16:06 by biggriffin »
Hoof'land storeman.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 October 2019, 21:21:05 »

Very rarely drive on motorways at night now just don't like it anymore, years ago would always travel in the early hours to avoid traffic, my 35 minute journey home from work after a late shift is enough for me now.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 13 October 2019, 21:49:04 »

I buy new each year. They go hard in the sun/heat or even fuse to the screen. For a while I had spare blades for the summer and then good ones for the winter.

You need active cruise control for your night driving. Set the gap to maximum. Simplesszs.
Active cruise control for M62 or M1? You're having a laugh.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 October 2019, 23:45:14 »

Had a terrifying drive the other week in the dark, with headlamps with zero range as it was my first night drive in the car I had no idea what the lamps were like - upon arrival I realised the levelling switch was set to maximum dip! Return journey was lots nicer.

(though I'll be the first to add to this thread my annoyance of the state of about 30% of cars lamps are dreadful - either set wonky so they dazzle you, or drivers dozily cruising around with main beam on, dazzling everyone.  >:(
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

aaronjb

« Reply #10 on: 14 October 2019, 07:40:02 »

I used to use mine in the Skoda most commutes to & from work - rush hour on the M1 & M25.. I don't in the RRS, though - it's a much older generation of system and doesn't work half as well.

Had a terrifying drive the other week in the dark, with headlamps with zero range as it was my first night drive in the car I had no idea what the lamps were like - upon arrival I realised the levelling switch was set to maximum dip! Return journey was lots nicer.

The fiancés (still getting used to that ;D) MINI is like that, although they are pointing roughly in the right direction (little high, maybe) the offside lamp has bugger all output despite genuine Night Breaker bulbs (which were an improvement over whatever was in there before!). You'd thing a big round lamp like that would work well.. nearside is fine, though, so maybe the offside has 'cooked' the reflector off over time.

Eventually I'll pick up a set of replacement lights .. but at £400 a pair for aftermarket upgrades or £1000 for genuine same as she has, tis a little pricey! Then again, so is stacking it in the dark, so.. ;D

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 October 2019, 10:06:47 »

Depends on the system I guess. I probably use it for 90% of my motorway driving in the milk float, particularly in stop/start traffic. Given that it's an auto (or rather has no gears to select), it will go all the way down to zero and back up to speed no problem. The only input required, other than steering  :D is a dab of throttle to start it off again if it's been stationary for more than a few seconds.

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 14 October 2019, 11:04:55 »

I like to make 'progress' on the motorway, out side lane and 'get out of my way'. It saves having to deal with all the airheads who slow down at every gantry thinking the cameras will get them, when I know the smart motorway doesn't give a toss unless a human tells it to.

aaronjb

« Reply #13 on: 14 October 2019, 11:32:35 »

I like to make 'progress' drive right up the arse of the car in front on the motorway, out side lane and 'get out of my way' bully them out of the way. It saves having to deal with all the airheads who slow down at every gantry thinking the cameras will get them, when I know the smart motorway doesn't give a toss unless a human tells it to.

Translated?  :P

STEMO

« Reply #14 on: 14 October 2019, 11:55:22 »

I like to make 'progress' drive right up the arse of the car in front on the motorway, out side lane and 'get out of my way' bully them out of the way. It saves having to deal with all the airheads who slow down at every gantry thinking the cameras will get them, when I know the smart motorway doesn't give a toss unless a human tells it to.

Not quite. I like to get along, but am wise enough to drive considerately and defensively, even at speed. I don't consider ending up in a mangled wreck as 'good progress'.  ;D
The secret is to assume that every car inside of you is going to pull out in front of you, with a cursory blink of an indicator. Or that the car in front of you, who pulled out to overtake the middle lane hogger, is going to bottle it at 85 and want back in. Plus, always keeping an eye in the rear view mirror, because there are others who like to make even better progress than you do.  ;D
« Last Edit: 14 October 2019, 11:57:21 by STEMO »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 14 October 2019, 12:55:01 »

Don't remind me, I'm back to two half hour trips* each way to work, 95% of it in the dark.
*with a pause to top up the lights :D

An impending job change will see my start time move from mid afternoon to 8pm, so no daylight for me until Easter :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14 October 2019, 15:41:07 »

Not quite. I like to get along, but am wise enough to drive considerately and defensively, even at speed. I don't consider ending up in a mangled wreck as 'good progress'.  ;D
The secret is to assume that every car inside of you is going to pull out in front of you, with a cursory blink of an indicator. Or that the car in front of you, who pulled out to overtake the middle lane hogger, is going to bottle it at 85 and want back in. Plus, always keeping an eye in the rear view mirror, because there are others who like to make even better progress than you do.  ;D

you also need a plan for when one of them actually does those things. Thoughtlessly slamming on the brakes is probably the single biggest cause of multi-car crashes.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14 October 2019, 18:50:18 »

Its probably the first week of commuting home in the dark, and it takes most drivers an eon to remember that they do actually have to clean the glass, inside and out. Plus put in stronger than neat water screenwash and replace wiper blades.
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14 October 2019, 18:56:04 »

Switching their lights one would be a good start for many. I've seen loads of cars recently with just their front DRLs on ... completely oblivious of the fact!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14 October 2019, 18:57:18 »

Switching their lights one would be a good start for many. I've seen loads of cars recently with just their front DRLs on ... completely oblivious of the fact!
"but they're on automatic, init?"
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14 October 2019, 19:35:36 »

That's the problem    init .... Same problem when it's foggy as there's enough ambient light that the lights won't auto switch on

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 14 October 2019, 20:02:39 »

That's the problem    init .... Same problem when it's foggy as there's enough ambient light that the lights won't auto switch on
Or pissing it down with rain on a dark grey day. My astra switches auto lights on when you put the wipers on constant.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14 October 2019, 20:09:46 »

My astra switches auto lights on when you put the wipers on constant.

That's a good idea  :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14 October 2019, 20:15:41 »

Or pissing it down with rain on a dark grey day. My astra switches auto lights on when you put the wipers on constant.

Its the law here in Spain and speed limits automatically reduced by about ten mph uk
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14 October 2019, 20:22:56 »

Its the law here in Spain and speed limits automatically reduced by about ten mph uk

Isn't that the same in France too  :-\

Incredible that you need to legislate for what should be common sense

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 14 October 2019, 21:06:26 »

Just different approaches.

In both countries you still get dumbheads without lights on.Here you might get prosecuted except like in the UK , you never see a traffic cop.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 October 2019, 22:29:08 »

Just different approaches.

In both countries you still get dumbheads without lights on.Here you might get prosecuted except like in the UK , you never see a traffic cop.
That's because our police don't earn anything from the tickets...

Not saying that your Policia/Les Gendarmes are corrupt, but there's a reason we cannot pay tickets in cash :-X

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14 October 2019, 22:38:52 »

:y

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 15 October 2019, 07:44:58 »

Don't remind me, I'm back to two half hour trips* each way to work, 95% of it in the dark.
*with a pause to top up the lights :D

An impending job change will see my start time move from mid afternoon to 8pm, so no daylight for me until Easter :D

You've got headlights, so not a problem.  :y
Hoof'land storeman.

aaronjb

« Reply #29 on: 15 October 2019, 09:24:56 »

I had the opposite observation this morning - it's dark, so apparently the new thing is you switch ALL your lights on? Headlights, front fogs, rear fogs, even when it's clear visibility.. it wasn't just one or two cars, either  >:(

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 15 October 2019, 11:14:06 »

Isn't that the same in France too  :-\

Incredible that you need to legislate for what should be common sense
On a French AutoRoute (motorway) its generally
110Kph (68 MPH) when wet
130Kph (81 MPH) otherwise.

So the French 'wet' limit is basically the same as the UK every-day limit of 70MPH.

Given the modern electronics in todays cars I think they should automagically be speed restricted to 40MPH when the driver turns the rear fog lights on. If viz is bad enough to require rear fog lights then you shouldn't be doing more than 40MPH anyway.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 15 October 2019, 11:29:27 »

Unless you have the "magic eyes" of BMW drivers, which enable them to plough on regardless of weather or visibility issues!  ;D

Ron.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 15 October 2019, 11:43:25 »

Given the modern electronics in todays cars I think they should automagically be speed restricted to 40MPH when the driver turns the rear fog lights on. If viz is bad enough to require rear fog lights then you shouldn't be doing more than 40MPH anyway.

agreed.

But just to reduce oppswittery even further, the rear(hell, lets include the fronts as well) foglight warning lamp should be another foglight adjusted to shine directly into the driver's eyes.

I've averaged about 30,000miles a year over the last thirty years, and I have more digits than the times I've needed foglights.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 15 October 2019, 11:57:05 »

Yes Nick; I think I would need to refer to the handbook to check where the foglight switcher were. The best vehicle ever for driving in fog was my Panther motorbike with sidecar - I could see over the top of the handlebar fairing clearly....

Ron.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 15 October 2019, 12:12:15 »

Yes Nick; I think I would need to refer to the handbook to check where the foglight switcher were. The best vehicle ever for driving in fog was my Panther motorbike with sidecar - I could see over the top of the handlebar fairing clearly....

Ron.

being a wimp, I gave up motorbikes on 11th July 1988......

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 15 October 2019, 12:33:12 »

I want to get back on them again, but today's traffic is a lot less friendly. The first time I rode my m/c combination, nobody told me what would happen to the sidecar when I turned left - that was a fresh underwear moment!  :o :o

Ron.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 15 October 2019, 13:10:50 »

I've averaged about 30,000miles a year over the last thirty years, and I have more digits than the times I've needed foglights.

Surely you needed them when there was a little early morning ground mist despite visibility being 3 miles ....  ::) ::)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 15 October 2019, 15:28:59 »

I used to use mine in the Skoda most commutes to & from work - rush hour on the M1 & M25.. I don't in the RRS, though - it's a much older generation of system and doesn't work half as well.

The fiancés (still getting used to that ;D) MINI is like that, although they are pointing roughly in the right direction (little high, maybe) the offside lamp has bugger all output despite genuine Night Breaker bulbs (which were an improvement over whatever was in there before!). You'd thing a big round lamp like that would work well.. nearside is fine, though, so maybe the offside has 'cooked' the reflector off over time.

Eventually I'll pick up a set of replacement lights .. but at £400 a pair for aftermarket upgrades or £1000 for genuine same as she has, tis a little pricey! Then again, so is stacking it in the dark, so.. ;D

Projector lights I expect,My Touareg has the same and they are shockingly poor,main beam is conventional and good,dipping the lights is like turning them off :-\
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

aaronjb

« Reply #38 on: 15 October 2019, 15:42:59 »

Projector lights I expect,My Touareg has the same and they are shockingly poor,main beam is conventional and good,dipping the lights is like turning them off :-\

Nope - they didn't move to projector lamps until the facelift and/or the HID models.. this is old fashioned Halogen with a lamp that looks a lot like the old 7" Lucas units on the kit car, just in a fancier housing..

These:

In fact, the aftermarket projector "update" lights are meant to be much better:

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 15 October 2019, 17:22:19 »

I think the Shag does, and also if the rain sensor has activated the wipers more than a set number of times in the previous 2 minutes....    ….which means if I try to intimidate any old grandad into doing above half the speed limit, and he uses his screen washer to show his annoyance, I automatically flash him, which makes him cross :P

Don't ask how I know this.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 15 October 2019, 17:24:51 »

I have more digits than the times I've needed foglights.
Mine get turned on every year...

...the day before the MOT
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 16 October 2019, 14:15:25 »

Surely you needed them when there was a little early morning ground mist despite visibility being 3 miles ....  ::) ::)

So I shouldn't turn them off when there is a car close behind me?  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 16 October 2019, 14:52:50 »

This reminds me, I must find out if Airfix 1 has fog lights, and if so, where they switch on and off, before the MOT next month. My tester always allocates the job of switching everything on/ off to me. A bit embarrassing if I don't know where things are in my own car.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 16 October 2019, 14:54:50 »

Probably on the light stalk ::)

The presence of fronts will be obvious from looking at it :P

aaronjb

« Reply #44 on: 16 October 2019, 15:21:46 »

Well it'll definitely have at least 1 rear fog .. y'know, on account of those being mandatory since .. 1960-something?

Fronts, only if you're lucky ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 16 October 2019, 16:24:59 »

To be fair to Albs, all Mercedes of a certain age* have front fogs in the headlight units regardless of spec, the bumper ones being 'driving lamps'...

*certainly everything except the W107 SL including my Trolley  :o

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 16 October 2019, 18:07:23 »

My supposed range topping XJ Portfolio is unlucky.  Not even an option.  Which suits me fine, as I only use them to retaliate to others with idiot lights on. And I'm more calm now, being a reformed character.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 16 October 2019, 18:51:04 »

I take on board your comments, but I haven't actually studied the stalk or even the front of the car to find out yet. The front of the car has a badge on it that reminds me of its country of origin, so I try to avoid looking anywhere, but out of the windscreen after I jump in and start the bloody thing.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 16 October 2019, 19:19:08 »

Good job it hasnt got  a Bavarian badge on the front. You would have to grow a moustache and wear brown clothes.

STEMO

« Reply #49 on: 16 October 2019, 19:28:06 »

Good job it hasnt got  a Bavarian badge on the front. You would have to grow a moustache and wear brown trousers.
Fixed

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 16 October 2019, 19:42:19 »

When I was younger, I had a maxim “ never trust anyone wearing brown”

Hmm must clear out part of my wardrobe. ;D

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 16 October 2019, 21:57:03 »

It's ok if you didn't buy them in brown - we all get scared sometimes!  :-[ :-X

Ron.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 16 October 2019, 22:40:23 »

My supposed range topping XJ Portfolio is unlucky.  Not even an option.  Which suits me fine, as I only use them to retaliate to others with idiot lights on. And I'm more calm now, being a reformed character.

Ditto my XE. Can't say I miss them. The main beam lights the place up like it's daylight so they tend to get the hint pretty soon,  ::) and I can't recall front fogs ever helping even in fog.

Plus that fact that, being a modern car, they'd have been tempted to make one of them light up every time you turn the steering wheel off centre, which looks pants.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 17 October 2019, 10:27:26 »

Well it'll definitely have at least 1 rear fog .. y'know, on account of those being mandatory since .. 1960-something?

late '70s is more likely. Which was a mistake, as they're as useless and unnecessary as front foglights.

aaronjb

« Reply #54 on: 17 October 2019, 10:39:52 »

late '70s is more likely. Which was a mistake, as they're as useless and unnecessary as front foglights.

Yeah, you're probably right there - don't think my 78 Allegro had fog lamps .. or a nearside mirror, for that matter ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #55 on: 17 October 2019, 11:27:24 »

I looked it up (MOT manual) - "required to be fitted to the centre or offside of vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1980"

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 17 October 2019, 11:37:57 »

I looked it up (MOT manual) - "required to be fitted to the centre or offside of vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1980"

it was probably first mooted in the sixties.

Which means we've uncovered the Brexit negotiators work experience and strategy!

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 17 October 2019, 11:38:25 »

and of course on both sides as per an Omega  :y

Though Mercedes claim the world will come to an end if they're fitted to both sides because they consider us all too stupid to differentiate 2 rear fogs lights from 2 brake/stop lights  ::)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 17 October 2019, 11:45:09 »

and of course on both sides as per an Omega  :y

Though Mercedes claim the world will come to an end if they're fitted to both sides because they consider us all too stupid to differentiate 2 rear fogs lights from 2 brake/stop lights  ::)

are they wrong?

Travelling on motorways will prove that many drivers are unable to differentiate between 3 drops of rain and fog or falling snow when visibility is less than 100metres.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 17 October 2019, 13:31:27 »

Hmm I thought  fog lights were designed to enable people to continue at normal speeds in fog .  Just try and keep the two red lights in sight!

Being serious for a mo, I have wondered the sense in one rear fog light. I suspect the motor manufacturers agreed it to save money.?

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 17 October 2019, 14:16:49 »

I've got, 4 fog lights on the back of my trailer, but we're only allowed to have 2 that work, only time they get switched on is mot once a year,  If people can't see the back of a trailer that 13'9 high, has 5 lights across the top, 5 across the back, plus two double sets each side, well they should be culled.
Hoof'land storeman.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 17 October 2019, 14:36:55 »

If they don't see that they deserve the impending death... At least it will be swift.  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #62 on: 17 October 2019, 15:18:07 »

Yes. I think we can safely say that HGV drivers are the safest and most considerate drivers on the motorway  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 17 October 2019, 16:22:16 »

Yes. I think we can safely say that HGV drivers are the safest and most considerate drivers on the motorway  ::)
Almost as safe and considerate as old people and motorbicyclists in fact... ::)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 17 October 2019, 16:54:53 »

that accolade has to go to the reps in their base spec 316s. They must be the safest drivers because they can also be on their laptop and the phone whilst driving.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.