Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tinternets gone up again  (Read 1361 times)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
tinternets gone up again
« on: 16 June 2019, 13:58:51 »

With talktalk, which aside from the odd restarting of the router, have been very good. However, when we started it was £19.99, however its gone up again to £30. Options? Go with other provider? Any recommendations. I've been told they don't tweak the price, which I'll believe. I'll believe anything.  ;D

Ta in advance lady and gentlemen  :D
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: tinternets gone up again
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2019, 14:26:12 »

I,m with Talk Talk, formally AOL, and my monthly tariff is now close to £30 too. Don,t really think it,s worth switching to save a few pennies, IF, your,e satisfied with what you have. :-\

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2019, 14:31:22 »

Unlimited 4G Sim here via a 4G Router, 20 quid a month, not brilliant speeds, around 35 to 45 down and 25 Up but a lot better than the Muppet's around here can do piping it from the Street.

Plus if I ever get any down time via the EE Network, or more to the point Virgin who hang off it, the Sim lets me login a Neighbors Virgin Router as a Guest, just a shame I cant re Route that through my Router as it requires a stupid Android Only App to access it.
« Last Edit: 16 June 2019, 14:38:47 by zirk »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2019, 15:36:49 »

Depends what you want from it in the way of additional services (email, filtering, add-on goodies etc).

If its pure internet and nothing else, and its not important its the absolute fastest, or 100% available, then any of the cheapies should suffice.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 16 June 2019, 15:49:35 »

You don't say whether it's fibre or the speeds you are (supposed to be) getting. £30 a month is about right if you're out of contract. Out BT internet is £30 a month and will go up to £54 after the honeymoon period.
« Last Edit: 16 June 2019, 15:51:09 by STEMO »

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 June 2019, 20:16:45 »

Get mine from Virgin but it's part of landline/TV/internet package,without looking up a bill I've no idea how much of overall cost is for internet access.No idea what speeds I get or what difference it would make if it was faster/slower,I turn laptop on check e-mails,do what I want as far as forums/e-bay etc. are concerned and turn laptop off job done I'm happy.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 June 2019, 21:50:30 »

I'm on a 12 month non fibre telephone and broadband contract with Plusnet for £18.99 a month which ends on 2nd July.  I switched from TalkTalk last year through TopCashback and got £60 cashback, so effectively it's cost me £13.99 a month.  :y

I phoned them to find out how much it will go up to after my 12 months is up.  £25.99 they said.  I'll think about it I said. £22.99 they said. I'll think about it and see what other deals are out there. I said. OK £18.99 they said.  I'll think about it I said.  Eh? What's to think about? They said.  I'll see what cashback deals are about and see if I can get that down to about £10 a month I said. Oh! They said.  :)

I have seen a deal that does bring it down to about £10 a month as well, via TopCashback.  :y  Can't remember the name of the provider but they're not one of the big boys.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 June 2019, 00:25:38 »

we have 'unlimited' broadband, and landline telephone (which never gets used, as it goes, onoly really have it for incoming calls if relatives prefer to call that way than mobile / emergency etc)

plusnet seems to be decent enough option, so will definitely be checking them out. also will check out topcashback, never really 'done' any of them, so worth looking into it.  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 June 2019, 08:01:17 »

We have BT broadband.
Had some contractors digging up the footpath Saturday morning and since, no internet or phones

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 June 2019, 17:34:10 »

There are differences between the better ISPs and the cheapie ones, but whether its worth the extra costs are really down to how you use it.

It is worth doing some homework is you stream (proper streaming and/or utube dross), gaming, VoIP, or if reliability* is essential

*as pretty much all options are based on Openreach lines, or Virgin fibre, or other niche fibre providers, nothing will help when Paddy digs up the cables.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.