Author Topic: 4x4  (Read 10962 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: 4x4
« Reply #45 on: 03 March 2018, 17:18:32 »

Pull over, let him pass, and watch his crash rather than be part of it. Or the partial cause of it. There's enough bad tempered cretins driving for you to become another one.

But, as I have said I had no room to pull over, and traffic was backed up ahead of me and coming the other way.

No, what it is I as a woman took action when I knew what to do, without risk.  What I have noted on the OOF over years is that with so many of the men on here you are full of what you would do, and how you would do it, but it is all mouth and trousers.  This is what it is like "out there" in our poor society; when push comes to shove there is no do, just look the other way and walk on.  As a women I do, not just talk about it; that is how I was brought up and have lived.  People on here comment on "snowflakes" all the time, but how many of you men are any different?  There are many around where I live who will not help anyone, let alone the police, for all kinds of reasons but basically the one of "I don't want to become involved [in case I have to do something and stand up for what is right]".

What a load of self centred pansies there are 'out there'!! ::) ::) ::)

Just like the many 4x4 drivers I have seen who force there way through and basically are saying fxxk the rest of you, like the one I dealt with of the great many who I have not been able to tackle over the decades! ::) ::) ::) ::)

Rant over!! :-* :-* :-* :-* 8) 8) 8) ;)
« Last Edit: 03 March 2018, 17:21:31 by Lizzie Zoom »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 03 March 2018, 17:20:56 »

Pull over, let him pass, and watch his crash rather than be part of it. Or the partial cause of it. There's enough bad tempered cretins driving for you to become another one.

But, as I have said I had no room to pull over, and traffic was backed up ahead of me and coming the other way.

No, what it is I as a woman took action when I knew what to do, without risk.  What I have noted on the OOF over years is that with so many of the men on here you are full of what you would do, and how you would do it, but it is all mouth and trousers.  This is what it is like "out there" in our poor society; when push comes to shove there is no do, just look the other way and walk on.  As a women I do, not just talk about it; that is how I was brought up and have lived.  People on here comment on "snowflakes" all the time, but how many of you men are any different?  There are many around where I live who will not help anyone, let alone the police, for all kinds of reasons but basically the one of "I don't want to become involved [in case I have to do something and stand up for what is right]".

Sandra Bullocks

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 03 March 2018, 17:23:53 »

PS Most men are delightful and charming, whom us women cannot do without.  But you can't half get us going!! ::) ::) :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 03 March 2018, 17:25:42 »

PS Most men are delightful and charming, whom us women cannot do without.  But you can't half get us going!! ::) ::) :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D ;)

Some can, some can't Lizzie!  :P  :-*  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 03 March 2018, 17:35:29 »

Some can, some can't Lizzie!  :P  :-*  :)

Indeed Sir Tigger, indeed!! ::) ::) :-* :-* ;D ;D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 03 March 2018, 17:37:11 »

Sandra Bullocks

Are those the two words you would have used Andy?  Quiet polite really. ;D ;D ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 03 March 2018, 18:04:57 »

We managed the exact same (130 MPH indicated) in a 1.8i Belmont (Mk2 Astra with a boot but same engine as the Cav) on a private road not a million miles from the M6 at 3 AM. ::) True speed was probably in the 118/120 mph region.  :)
A 1.8GLSi Belmont was the first car I ever had reading 140mph (downhill, mind), and still felt it had plenty to go...

A few weeks later, pistons and valves had a big, big coming together, and the replacement engine was a dog, so I replaced the car with a 2l MK2 Astra GTE...  ...which had an indicated top speed of only 129mph, at which point it was banging on the rev limiter. Apparently.
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 03 March 2018, 18:20:39 »

Sandra Bullocks

Are those the two words you would have used Andy?  Quiet polite really. ;D ;D ;)

That's the radio edit  version ......  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 03 March 2018, 18:39:28 »

Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 03 March 2018, 20:31:46 »

2boxerdogs

« Reply #55 on: 04 March 2018, 12:20:13 »

We managed the exact same (130 MPH indicated) in a 1.8i Belmont (Mk2 Astra with a boot but same engine as the Cav) on a private road not a million miles from the M6 at 3 AM. ::) True speed was probably in the 118/120 mph region.  :)
A 1.8GLSi Belmont was the first car I ever had reading 140mph (downhill, mind), and still felt it had plenty to go...

A few weeks later, pistons and valves had a big, big coming together, and the replacement engine was a dog, so I replaced the car with a 2l MK2 Astra GTE...  ...which had an indicated top speed of only 129mph, at which point it was banging on the rev limiter. Apparently.

Faulty Speedos no doubt 😀😁😂
« Last Edit: 04 March 2018, 12:22:08 by Tilbo »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 04 March 2018, 18:26:47 »

Undoubtedly over reading, but probably not by the maximum 10%....
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 04 March 2018, 18:35:03 »

Undoubtedly over reading, but probably not by the maximum 10%....

When did that come in? Isn't the requirement for an accurate reading at 30mph, and then for it never to under-read? With a suggested 10% tolerance for speeding prosecutions.

I only ask, as I've seen 140mph from several stock 2.0l Capris. Which is clearly ridiculous; working it out from the gearing the cars might have achieved nearly 120.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 04 March 2018, 18:37:39 »

It has need never to underread and never to overread by more than 10% for decades...  ...not sure if back to Capri days though.

I think its now becoming 2% max overread.
Grumpy old man

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 04 March 2018, 19:54:22 »

So reading between all the other stuff that has been written. Would you really need a 4x4 with diff lock etc to cover the odd bit of snow on our roads or would a awd with winter tyres do just as well. Not counting for height clearence. I just dont really want to buy a x5 or a range rover for the odd couple of days.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.