Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vauxhall heritage centre open day-10th April  (Read 3093 times)

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
Vauxhall heritage centre open day-10th April
« on: 06 April 2016, 07:31:08 »

I know I,m a bit late with posting this notification, but it is open this Sunday as the VBOA are holding an AGM in the main building. Good burger bar always in attendance, lots of free car parfk space for impromptue car show and a small amount of us autojumbling as well. 10 am I do believe is the normal time for people to arrive. I do know Nitro is coming along

Keith ABS

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
Re: Vauxhall heritage centre open day-10th April
« Reply #1 on: 07 April 2016, 00:52:49 »

thanks for the heads up, been several times and Vx's own collection is simply unique  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Delroy47

• Intermediate Member
  • Luton
    • 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 April 2016, 19:20:37 »

On my doorstep so will be paying a visit  :y

ted_one

« Reply #3 on: 10 April 2016, 14:03:55 »

True to his word,bumped into Delroy and had a chinwag,bought a couple of Omega bits from Keith ABS,took a look around the Heritage Centre and seeing some of the examples of Vauxhalls finest reminded me of the fact that I am now an old git.Strange thing was that I didn't see an example of the Omega,but there were some of the exhibits that had groups of old tarts standing around them flapping their gums and who seemed  totally unaware that they were blocking the flow to the rest of the public.But well worth a visit with a large attendance of cars and enthusiasts, will certainly go again. :y

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
  • VX Trade Card, Halfords Trade Card. Neat.
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #4 on: 10 April 2016, 16:47:49 »

I was there for the day on Thursday. I must admit, I don't remember seeing the HC's Omega. Then again, the arrival of a few new cars at the centre has meant that some of the collection has moved on to pastures new. Such is the difficulty in trying to squeeze eighty cars into a facility designed to house a quarter of that number!
http://www.irmscherMV6.com | #irmscherMV6
Genuine Tech1 and Tech2 diagnostic services for Vauxhalls and Saabs available in and around Cambs.
PM with your requests.

ted_one

« Reply #5 on: 10 April 2016, 17:15:42 »

Agreed,it did seem it little cramped with some of the cars parked quite close to one another,and the lack of space meant that with the large number of visitors as with today it was a bit of an excuse me situation as already mentioned....only a minor niggle which didn't detract from which was an enjoyable morning :y

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
  • VX Trade Card, Halfords Trade Card. Neat.
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #6 on: 10 April 2016, 19:12:00 »

Getting cars out of the Heritage Centre is a royal pain the arse for the guys who work there. Imagine their sense of horror when I requested access to no fewer than six motors earlier this week.

"I'd like to take that one at the back out for a spin!" etc.  ;D

http://www.irmscherMV6.com | #irmscherMV6
Genuine Tech1 and Tech2 diagnostic services for Vauxhalls and Saabs available in and around Cambs.
PM with your requests.

ted_one

« Reply #7 on: 10 April 2016, 22:28:15 »

I was rather taken with the silver Monaro,could see that nicely fitting into the 'fleet' ::) :y

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 April 2016, 07:46:18 »

Was a good day and some nice motors present. Mark 1 Cav was a comlete sleeper with the 3 litre 24v engine under the bonnet, stel whels with the standard chrome hub caps. Very tidy chrome bumper Monza and the visitor with his black VXR8 with the reg plate of VXR 8V among the many exhibits of note. Burger bar sold out of everything but tea and coffee by 1 pm but you had to have that black!

Keith ABS
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.